SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jestarr82

Help with Laundry Room/Small Office Combo

3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I just bought a house that has a small bedroom next to the master bedroom that I was planning on turning into an office, with a small space for a Peloton bike. The house doesn't have a laundry room currently, and after walking the house with a plumber, it seems like the best (and least expensive solution) would be to also make that room into a laundry room since that's where the existing drain line is. The storage area on the floor plan is the attic/dormer. We might expand the house that way down the road, so we could potentially move the laundry room at that point as well, or perhaps the office.

I'm seeking advice for the best way to layout the room for maximum efficiency, and practicality. Small laundry room, office, and stationary spin bike.

We like the idea of side by side front loading machine/dryer with a countertop above for folding. Then perhaps a small hanging rod to mount, and either a shelf or cabinet to hide away the laundry detergent.

I'm curious to see layout options.

The Desk is 72 x 30 (W x D), and the washer and dryer are 27 x 30 x 39 (W x D x H). I think that it would also make sense to have a small sink in there as well. I'd be open to stacking the units as well if that makes the most sense. The existing plumbing is where the bathroom is, so we are talking about putting the washer/dryer on the left wall of the room.

Comments (30)

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars54 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts