SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
malbec916

Dishwasher next to Ikea 47" Corner Cabinet with Utrusta pull-out

Malbec
3 years ago

Hi! I'm working on a kitchen design and hoping to make use of the Ikea Sektion Corner Base Cabinet with the Utrusta pull-out function in 2 of my corners. I want to place the dishwasher (and possibly the stove as well, next to the other corner) next to (or "around the corner from") the Corner cabinets. I'm having trouble figuring out the clearance needed surrounding the corner cabinet to ensure that both the corner cabinet door/pull-out function AND the dishwasher can open properly. I don't expect them to open at the same time; just want to ensure that each can open individually without crashing into the other.

** Note that this layout is a work in progress; I'm working with a small space and still trying to fit everything in; hence the small disorganized cabinets currently next to the range. We are moving walls so we can make a few extra inches available in either direction; but this is the basic appliance layout we are hoping for.

The dishwasher would be at least 25" deep. The corner cabinet comes with the 2" filler strip, which I think would make it so that the dishwasher can open freely, but would the corner cabinet open freely as well? It looks like the corner cabinet comes with a 21" door, which leaves 26" of width into the corner (47"-21"= 26"). I assume this makes it so the corner cabinet door can open freely when set up against regular 24" deep cabinets.

Does anyone have experience with these corner cabinets opening toward anything deeper than the standard 24" cabinet? Will it work next to a 25-27" deep Dishwasher or Range?

Thank you for any help/advice!

Link to the corner cabinet:

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/sektion-corner-base-cab-w-pull-out-fitting-white-kungsbacka-anthracite-s49343153/

Comments (13)