SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalpinkmountain

Photography forum or can I ask here?

l pinkmountain
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I looked to see if there was a photography forum but I couldn't find it. I am working on making educational videos using the Fuji digital camera I got hubs for his birthday about seven years ago. If I make them myself, I use a tripod and have to adjust it a lot as various stages of the activities move along. We flat out broke the one I got him right out of the bag, it was just cheap plastic parts that don't even hold the camera in place reliably. Can anyone recommend a good professional quality tripod for this application--digital solo movie making . . . needs to hold up to a lot of wear and tear.

Edited to add that I tried looking up options on Amazon, and it was really difficult to tell how sturdy all the options were. I'm mostly looking for something that will hold the adjustments. Our current tripod was so flimsy that you would adjust it but it didn't have the "torque" or whatever you want to call it, to hold in place the way it had been adjusted. And then when you had to readjust, it didn't flow smoothly and you risked damaging it practically every time, just did not hold up to constant use.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio