SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_463806

New construction build. Help me make this a farmhouse!

Kelly DePari
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

My husband and I are about to break ground in the next of couple months on our new home. I've attached a photo of a home our builder is currently building, that is what we based our floor plan off of. Our home will have this same exterior, however we have extended the front porch the length of the house and made it 8' deep vs 6'. We will also have a wood and glass double front door. Part of me wants to go with thicker white siding and possibly vertical board and batten on the gables. I'm afraid it won't look "farmhouse" enough and I won't like it. My other option would be to just chose a basic color and stick with this similar look. Metal roofing, and black windows are not in the budget. My builder uses certainTeed products. Any advice, photos, color suggestions would be a huge help!

Also, looking for suggestions on garage doors....our bid includes Hass American 600 series doors, we can upgrade of course, but I would prefer not to go too much higher. Any recommendations on which style to chose would be a much appreciated.

Comments (32)