SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dylan_vaneveld

Passiflora placed indoors, can this work?

Dylan Vaneveld
3 years ago

Hello! I've had this passionflower for a while now, but it has always been outside. It has been growing a lot. Eventually, I decided to place it in my room to see how that would go. It went fine at first, still growing a lot and it even bloomed, but now it looks as if it isn't so happy anymore.

The part of the plant that has grown is lighter green than the old part of the plant (I think that's because it has less sun now, so it doesn't bother making too much chlorophyll?). Furthermore, there is one vine that has turned a little weak/limp right on the tip.

I personally think this is because of a sudden decrease in sunlight. I'm making sure to give it enough water (only giving a generous watering when the soil is (almost) dry), although maybe it needs a little more or less, because of the limp vine, but I'm not sure about that.

Is this lack of sunlight an issue? I've read that passionflowers like direct sunlight, which can only get to the plant during the evening, as I have a windom facing west (and another one north).

I hope I can keep the plant in my room, but if it can't survive here, I will bring it back outside without hesitation. I hope you guys can help me! Thanks in advance :).

Comment (1)

Sponsored