SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
isy_goodhand

My UK citrus 'experiment' - help!

Isabel Goodhand
3 years ago

Hi everyone,

I live on the South coast of the UK, and have four citrus in pots. I've been keeping citrus trees for ~5 years and it's been a learning curve but so far I've taken on board all the 'best practice' info I've found on websites:

Sunny sheltered position in garden in the summer
watering with lots of rainwater when the moisture metre reads 4
special citrus summer feed in summer and winter feed in winter
terracotta pots, with gritty potting mix that is 50% ericacious
they over-winter in the south-facing summerhouse which is kept just above 4C (39F)

So far so good, with my lime, orange and one lemon being super-healthy and happy. But then the other lemon tree which enjoys exactly the same care...

It's a Eureka, bought from a respectable online company last summer... This tree had a ton of blossoms and now has lots of healthy little lemons fattening up day by day, but the foliage is sad. I don't think a new leaf has grown in a year since i purchased it. Some have gone yellow, some are turning light green as though it doesn't get enough feed. I've tried foliar feeding an evening a week with half strength feed, and started feeding with seaweed extract for a wider nutrient range, but out of ideas otherwise.

Absolutely no sign of disease, one winter we had a few scale insects and caterpillars but leaves are clean now (photo below). Any insight or suggestions would be so welcome, I love my trees!

Thanks,

Isy

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider