SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

House for sale down the street from me - unusual floor plan

Lars
3 years ago

This house just got listed for sale on my street, and I have always admired me from the outside, due to the stepped façade. Now I get to see how it looks from the inside. It was interesting to me to see how the stepped detail showed up in the interior, and it appears to define some of the bedrooms. This house was built in 1950 (like mine), but it is the only one in this neighborhood with this type of exterior, whereas most of the rest were built with one of four different floor plans and were around 900 square feet originally. I cannot tell the original size of this one, however, but I do like that the listing shows the floor plan.

Also interesting is the Covid warning at the end.

I think the Master Bedroom and bathroom were added in 2004 because the tax assessment went from $62,736 in 2004 to $660,510 in 2005 - quite a jump!

What do you think was original and what was added? I will not be going to see this house in person, but I do drive by it quite frequently, as it is at the end of my street.

The color before was a pale sage green (which I loved), but they painted it white just before putting it up for sale - a mistake IMO. A pale green house of the same shade just sold on the other side of me, and the seller did not feel compelled to change the color. I don't like white because it creates too much glare and is very bad for showing any kind of dirt or mold.

I don't particularly like the kitchen in this house - I'm pretty sure it was separate from the dining/living room originally. I also noticed that there are no TVs in this house, but the living room wall with the round mirror would probably be a good place for one.

The fireplace is unnecessary here and a big minus in my book. However, it is not wood-burning, as there is no chimney on this house.

The pool seems a bit crowded in the back yard, and I would expect leaves to be constantly falling into it. Also, there is not much room to walk around the pool on the far side. Since it's rectangular, it must be fairly new, and so it could have a motorized cover on it, but I do not see one. It also appears to be partially above ground.

I like the slate floors and I'm okay with the carpet in the bedrooms. I like the double ovens in the kitchen, but it does not have nearly enough storage space, which is yet another reason I would not want it open to the dining/living room.

Anyway, I've been curious about this house ever since I moved into this neighborhood, but I am somewhat disappointed, now that I can see it. Also, the bedrooms (except for the master) are rather small.

Comments (14)