SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andygirlhfx

Fireplace surround dimensions - 14 ft ceiling

andygirlhfx
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I would love some input on fireplace design. We are building a lake house, which is an open concept design. The ceiling height is 14' for the wall the fireplace will be on in the living room. The living room area of the open concept space is 15' by 15' but I think the fireplace would be centered on the wall including the dining room area (ie: past the door to the master bedroom). I have attached some pictures of the our plans and also an example picture of the space - it looks to me like on the picture, the fireplace is centered differently from how ours is drafted and the fireplace surround looks bigger than 4 ft to me, but it's hard to tell. Our home will not have the exposed beams and just plain drywall ceiing. I also think the 4' size on our plan would be too narrow and look weird with tall ceilings. Would 6 feet look better? Or another size? It's hard to tell since we don't have the framing done to measure stuff out in the space. Also, any thoughts on stacked stone vs. a stone look tile? I'm thinking stacked stone may feel dated. Thanks for any input.

Comments (5)