SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dedtired

Went to the mall. So weird.

dedtired
3 years ago

I had to go to the mall to have my new glasses adjusted. This was the first time since the pandemic broke out. Before I went I looked to see which entrance was closest to the optician, which was through Lord & Taylor. It was all so strange. First, I could park right next to the door, the lot was so empty.

L&T was open but there were very few shoppers. No salespeople walking around. They were all at desks behind a plastic shield. As long as I was there I thought I’d get some eye makeup but there was no one at the counter to help me. All the testers were wrapped up so you could see the colors but could not touch anything. Lots of sales going on. L&T has fallen on hard times. Boy, have they gone downhill. Most of what they sell is such poor quality. It used to be such an elegant store.

The mall itself had more stores closed than open. It was so strange to see the place so empty. It was kind of sad. I pretty much made a beeline to the optician and out again except for the stop at the makeup counter. Everyone was wearing masks, which was encouraging.

So that was the excitement of my day. Pretty pathetic!

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths