SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_827555082

Chefs kitchen appliances: fridge, stove top and range hood

Hello there!

I'm looking for the following and was hoping to get some feedback and or recommendations on new appliances for a chef's kitchen.

Kitchen refrigerator: 48" Sub Zero Pro with Glass Door or 48" Viking 5 Series ? I like the "heavy duty" look of the Subzero and the glass portion. Does anyone have this model, does the glass fog up often? Easy to clean? Comments on the Viking? We currently have an older 36" Viking model and have no complaints.

48 inch Viking VRT5486GSS gas range top with 6 burners plus griddle. How often do you use the griddle? Is it worth it? I imagine the griddle produces more of a mess.

60" Recano Island Futuro range hood or the 60" Silvana. Our contractor recommends going larger than the 48" stove for better performance. The Recano is more of a statement piece because of the design and shelf but it can only be ductless which means the air will be filtered back into the kitchen. The Silvana is more of a classic/simple design. The Recano comes with the "Micro Carbon Infusion Filter" which I read is just as efficient as a ducted application. Could the 60" non-ducted Recano hood work well with the 48" Viking gas range-top and griddle?

Recano

Silvana

Comments (9)