SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jubesb

LED backlit mirrors

jubesb
3 years ago

I have two led mirrors with "frosted stripes" around the front of the mirror....another, back lights the architectural tile on the wall behind the mirror. Now I am about to remodel the Master Bathroom and want to have a backlit mirror to highlight the tile again on the wall behind the mirror. I will need diffusers on the edges of the mirror to mask the glare of the LEDs that will be reflected in a medicine cabinet mounted on a right angle close to the mirror. The question is this: I don't want the mirror to be front lit with frosted surround or stripes or anything forward facing. I just want the vanity mirror to back light with a dimmable switch. Most manufacturers say that will not be enough light to pop a pimple. I understand their reluctance to recommend, however, I just saw an extremely high end condo wherein they used this very thing. I closed doors, shut off all ceiling lights and looked at my "handsome" image and to my delight it was completely ok down to the smallest pore. This should be enough to proceed without pause, but I'm curious if anyone has done this and lived to regret this and perhaps contemplated cutting your wrists for making such a horrible mistake. Let me know...and thanks for helping me with this serious but tongue in cheek write up.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES