Annie Deighnaugh

eld6161

Annie, I hope your are okay. I’m assuming you Have lost power due to the major storm.

Stay safe.

SaveComment73Like3
Comments (73)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Uptown Gal

Thanks for posting this Eld, I was wondering about her. It's not like

her to be gone.

Save     Thanked by eld6161
eld6161

Major east coast storm. Lots of power outages.

Save    
arcy_gw

She also takes little breaks to get away...could just be out of town...

1 Like Save     Thanked by eld6161
salonva

Hope it's the storm or better yet a little break to get away!. I know my sister, in northern NJ and her area are not expected to have power back for a few days.......Looking forward to hearing back from Annie. Thank you for posting this Eld!

eld6161

When she takes a break, she tells us. I am certain it’s the storm.

Save    
nickel_kg

Annie, you're doing us a concern. Hope everything's okay.

Uptown Gal

Back to check...:) Hope you are ok, and don't have any damages.

hallngarden

Annie, I noticed you missing this morning. I jump start my brain with the chain reaction word each morning. You usually are already online posting . I appreciate you ,

Ded Tired

She almost always lets us know when she will be away. We count on her! I hope it’s nothing more than the storm, although you usually have cell service when the power is out. Oh gosh, I hope she’s okay.

1 Like Save     Thanked by eld6161
Winter

Annie and I live in the same New England State and although I don't know her exact location, this State was hit pretty hard by Isais yesterday and last night with almost 800,000 still without power the last time I checked today. Also...consider, even if her power has been restored, the photos she's showed of her home show a lush landscape of mature trees, shrubs and a pond. Any of those entities could have been struck...necessitating immediate attention. In short...she may have her hands full today and although she loves her KT involvement...I'd venture that we're the last thing on her mind today.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by eld6161
eld6161

My house up north is a state away from Annie. Half my town is without power and my friend told me her internet was also down.

Save    
Winter

I just checked the major ISP outage map for the entire tri state area and it's a safe bet that Annie has no internet access either, Eld. This time I seem to be snugly protected...thank goodness. Every once in a while I luck out. 😊

Save    
eld6161

Well, my house up north dodged a bullet. A very large tree branch fell right next to it and another branch cracked but stayed intact with its leaves only brushing the roof.

No electric since yesterday in my neighborhood. We have neighbors that are keeping us informed. A tree guy is scheduled for today.

Save    
Winter

Wow, Eld! I hope all power is restored soon and that damage, if any, is minimal. It's emotionally taxing to deal with this kind of issue from a distance. I don't envy you. It's that time of year again! 😟 We lucked out last year. I don't think we're going to be that lucky this season.

I live in a somewhat protected glen but it's a major strike area for lightening. I've watched bolts shoot down from the sky and magnetically follow along the underground power lines in my the area. It's quite something to see.

Our power supplier took note of this phenomenon as well and has cleared as many large trees in the area as possible for our protection. Additionally, they installed a "reset" gadget on the major above ground power line. I don't know it's proper name but it restores power within seconds when possible as long as the line isn't broken. I sat here last night with lights winking on and off for a good part of the evening. Thankfully, my ISP didn't go down so I was able to follow the storm on line.

I hope your home is safe from damage...and you, as well.

OutsidePlaying

I hope Annie and all the rest of you in that area are safe from the storms. The east coast has taken a beating for sure. Yes, Annie does usually let everyone know if she will be engaged or late posting on a given day. So I hope they have had no damage their home or gorgeous grounds and that this is a temporary outage.

Ded Tired

Lots of major flooding and very high winds here. Trees down , power out. Thank heavens mine stayed on. Half my street was out all night.

Annie lives in Connecticut and they were hit hard. Sure hope she’s dealing with nothing more than a power outage.

Lars

I never thought hurricanes would have much effect on Connecticut, as it seems to be buffered by Long Island, but somehow the storm made it through.

I saw this news article, but it does not have maps. It does not look good. I hope people have generators, but of course that might not do much for internet connection.

lily316

I hope everyone affected has their power restored quickly. The eastern states took a beating for sure. Much flooding in my state but mostly in the southeastern counties where they received five and six inches of rain. We skirted damage but only got a fraction of the rain which we so badly need as we are in a major drought. Sadly we had a few deaths.

Elizabeth

Annie, we are all thinking of you and hoping you are spared anything worse than a power outage. Keeping an eye on this post for word from you.

DawnInCal

Annie, hope to see you and any other KT members affected by the storm back soon!

dedtired

Here’s what some dummy did near me. Tried to drive through a railroad underpass. We really got pounded. Hope we hear from Annie.

Save    
Bookwoman

dedtired, is that Penn Rd? If so, we used to live a mile away. I used that underpass multiple times a day.

1 Like Save    
maire_cate

Some areas have really been hit hard. My neighborhood in NJ only lost power for 20 hours - which is unusually long for us. Some other parts may not have power restored until Monday.

Annie, I hope everything is all right.

Dedtired - I was wondering how your fared and if you had the chance to use your generator.

Save    
yeonassky

Thinking of you Annie and hope you are okay!

I hope your power goes on soon Eld! Wow ded that was a silly thing your neighbour did.

Sorry for anyone else who got caught in the storm.

Save    
lindaohnowga

I too will be watching this post and I pray that Annie is just without power and no severe damage to her home and property.

Save    
summersrhythm_z6a

Hopefully she is Ok and have a generator.

Save    
Fun2BHere

🤞🏻 for good news of Annie Deighnaugh soon.

Save    
maddiemo

I keep checking in for updates. Hoping you’re safe and well Annie.

1 Like Save    
ratherbesewing

My DS lives in Milford, CT and has not had power since Tuesday afternoon.

Save    
aok27502

Someone on another forum lives in CT, and he just said that there are 600,000 people still without power.

Save    
nicole___

ded....That's crazy!

I haven't turned on the news. My neighbor and friend is doing a house addition, 22'x22' room....been over there observing.

Save    
eld6161

Yes, thanks, I’m asleep n Florida so it doesn’t affect me. My oldest was staying at my house but luckily had to go back to the city for work . And they have electric.

NY and CT are states Of disaster.

Parts off my town I hear now have electric. Not sure yet if my house is included in that.

We will keep this post going until we hear from Annie.

Save    
dedtired

I heard from Annie! As we thought, her area was hit hard by the storm. She is fine but there is no power, no internet and very little cell service. Guess we’ll have to carry on without her, hard as that will be.

Yes, that picture is the Penn Rd underpass, my usual route to While Foods. Bookwoman, we were neighbors and didn’t know it.

14 Likes Save    
Bookwoman

I'm just a few miles west now. :-) Glad all is well with Annie!

1 Like Save    
dedtired

Maire Cate, the generator hasn’t been installed yet. Half my street lost power but mine stayed on. I would have been fit to be tied if I was out of power while waiting for that to be installed. Electrician is backed up so it will be awhile yet.

Save    
whistle_b

Thanks for letting us know that all is well with Annie.

Save    
maire_cate

Ded -That’s a relief, I’m glad you heard from Annie - and that you didn't lose power either. We have a whole house generator at our place in the mountains because of frequent and prolonged outages - occasionally lasting 4 - 6 days. Since it's rural we're not a high priority so the generator has been a real life-saver. We haven't installed one here because other than this storm the longest this neighborhood has been without power was 6 hours.

I spoke with one of the NOAA Phila/Mount Holly weather guys last year and he told me that they are forecasting more frequent and more severe storms for our area. So we're considering getting one - or we might offer to go halves with my son. Now that he has a toddler and hoping to have another one soon he could really use it and he only lives 8 miles from us.

1 Like Save    
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

I am so happy to hear all is relatively well in Annie's world. I hope things right themselves for everyone quickly.

Save    
eld6161

Ded, thanks for letting us know.

Save    
Michele

I just checked in and scrolled through. I was just worried then very relieved to hear you’re ok Annie. Hope power is back soon.

Save    
Lukki Irish

Glad you heard from her, what a nightmare for them. I hope their power is on soon!

Save    
bpath

I’m so glad you heard from her! Thank you!

Save    
katlan

Happy to hear she is safe!

Save    
Alisande

I'm glad she's okay. Even when you're prepared for a power outage, it makes everything hard.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Thx for all the kind thoughts and concern. I’m fine. Just no power no internet and awful cell coverage. We’ll be out for days. Sunday seems optimistic. They said it’s worse than Sandy. Will check in as I am able. Carry on dear friends!

22 Likes Save     Thanked by eld6161
summersrhythm_z6a

Glad she is ok. Tell her to get a potable generator. It could be worse if it’s a snow storm, she’d have no heat.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

One town over said they had over 100 roads blocked by downed wires and trees!

3 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Thanks summersrhythm. We have an automatic generator who is doing a great job. We call her Jenny. Though she’s not potable or edible. ;)

13 Likes Save     Thanked by eld6161
dedtired

Hey! Good to see you back!

Save    
Elizabeth

Glad to hear you are doing fairly well Annie. Looking forward to your full return. Take care.

Save    
Elizabeth

Some towns in NJ will not have power until August 11th at the earliest.

bpath

So happy to see your pretty monogram appear!

Save    
summersrhythm_z6a

Glad to hear you have an auto generator! That’s the best. We are thinking about getting one at the new house. Be safe!

Save    
salonva

Happy to see you back Annie! I know my sister got power back last night, but my niece, also in Bergen County was told could be until Aug 11 as well. The area we used to live in Central NJ got mostly restored yesterday as well. Ded and Bookwoman, my daughter in your neck of the woods didn't lose power this time, but due to all the other times, they did get a generator which they have used several times already.

Thankfully we only had lights flicker for about a minute.

Stay well everyone- stay dry and stay safe!!!!

Save    
georgysmom2

Glad everyone is okay. Our area had some damage but not as bad as other storms. One of our golf courses is still closed as they continue to do clean up. The storm pretty much passed through the night. Like you, Annie, we have a full house generator as of last year. It's such great peace of mind. I understand the electricity in our area was off for a few hours but all was normal here. :-)))

Save    
sjerin

Nice to see you made it back, Annie. I hope you regain power quickly.

Save    
OutsidePlaying

Good to hear you are ok, Annie. Hang in there!

Save    
Bookwoman

salonva, we have a generator, and while we didn't lose power this time, it's happened often enough that we are grateful to have it. This area is so beautiful, with so many large trees...and that's also a downside in these storms.

Save    
dedtired

We usually lose power every time someone sneezes hard. As Bookwoman says, we have above ground wiring and lots of old trees, a perfect storm (ha ha) for power outages.

I drove out to the mall today and ran into several detours due to downed trees. The forecast is for a bad hurricane season so my electrician better get my generator installed soon!

Save    
maifleur03

I hope people who have never had anything to do with generators know that they may need a large supply of gasoline stored away from the generator and the house.

Last year I looked at requirements and here the generator must be ten feet from any dwelling if placing them legally.

Save    
dedtired

Malfleur, mine will be hooked into my natural gas supply. I’d be too nervous to have that much gasoline around. Even the can of gas for the lawn mower bothers me.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

I’m figuring maybe by M or T now. Some rain and t storms will slow things down today. I still have to drive to find cell coverage. Went for a walk yesterday and had to turn around. This was across the road

4 Likes Save    
salonva

Ouch.Hoping it gets restored sooner Annie. ( My niece is still waiting as well... Bergen County NJ.)

Save    
maire_cate

Glad to see that you're out walking again - even if your world is a little off-kilter. Hope the power comes back sooner than they anticipate. Our electric company kept postponing the date for return of service but then it almost miraculously came on 2 days early.

Save    
yeonassky

Very glad you are all right Annie! Hoping your estimated time for power comes true or even sooner.

Save    
dedtired

I hope Jenny the Generator is keeping you safe. That is quite a picture. Stay safe.

Save    
sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)

We are still without power in Rockland County NY. So saddened by those without generators loosing their freezer/fridge foods. Near us are wires hanging like a pound of pasta along one near stretch of road. (that road was blocked off until this morning). DH stopped counting...

I have a personal hot-spot for internet. Includes family. Set it up last year during an outage and took 20minutes. So worth it, so that is an option. Necessary for Zoom meetings. It gives us full internet access.

We set up a charging station in our front yard, ran a heavy duty power cord to our closest new neighbors with young children. Canceled a food order so we could fit some of their freezer foods in our big upright. (we have plenty).

Fortunately the weather is pleasant.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Wahoo!!! Finally got power!!

No internet yet though

9 Likes Save     Thanked by eld6161
Elizabeth

Congrats Annie! Good to hear.

Save    
maifleur03

Great.

Save    
OklaMoni

baby steps... :)

Save    
yeonassky

Yay! Hope internet comes back fast for you!

Save    
anniesjacuzzi

Hi Annie....I’m in your state too and just got power back about an hour ago too! Thank goodness for generators though❤️ I haven’t thought of naming ours but after these 4 days....she deserves a beautiful one!

1 Like Save