SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julieanne444

Window dilemma and exterior paint color

julieanne444
3 years ago

I’m replacing this bay window on the far left end of the forst and last photos below. We think the former owners must have had one big window originally given where the brick line is (several inches under the existing bay window). I’m getting rid of the bay window and replacing with flush windows and am not sure what would look best aesthetically - 3 solid windows or 3 double hung? I plan for the size of the windows to extend to the brick line (so they would fill that full space where there is currently some siding under the existing windows). But, for double hung windows, I am thinking the midline of double hung windows might fall slightly above that low brick line and I’m not sure how that would look. I‘d Also love paint color suggestions for brick. I won’t be changing the yellowish cream siding above the brick. And landscaping will be a future project once I get the window and front door replaced :) This is a 1959 ranch that had a couple of extensions that preceded my ownership and I want to make the windows look as cohesive as possible with The rest of the house. thanks so much!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths