They did my roof today, starting at 7:20 am

Kathsgrdn

I set my alarm to get up at 7:30 just in case the workers came today, so I could let the dogs out before they came. They usually come at 8:00. They hadn't come for a few days because of all the rain. The roofing material was delivered yesterday. I let the dogs out and they were already here!! I let the dogs back in, put ear plugs in and tried to sleep. I dozed and woke multiple times, finally getting up about 12:30 because of a pounding headache. I do now have a beautiful roof. They still have to redo the gutters. Ignore the garbage bins, they were moved off the sidewalk by the workers who moved them from the side of the house because they blocked the way to the dumpster they are using.

We are waiting for the siding to come in for them to finish the porch in back. Then I'll have new windows and doors put in. I'll be glad when it's all done. I do like it better than the old brown roof.

SaveComment19Like12
Comments (19)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sjerin

Beautiful!! I was wondering how your project was coming along. It's been such fun to read about what you're doing to your house and seeing the pictures--I'm living through you, Kath, since we aren't doing a darned thing to ours right now.

Save     Thanked by Kathsgrdn
chloebud

Wow, it looks great! We had an oak tree come down and hit our roof. :-( I envy you having this all done!

kathyg_in_mi

Looks great!

ded_tired

very nice. Good choice of color.

1929Spanish-GW

Looks great!

Yayagal

Lovely home and great choice made on the roofing.

morz8

It looks great, I'm sure you're glad to have that done. Mine will be due in the next few years. It's cedar and comparable quality cedar is difficult to find these days so jury still out on a replacement product.

So sorry about the headache, hope its better now. Contractors aren't supposed to begin before 8 AM in this community although its not strictly enforced. My own BIL showed up in his 'pet' pristine canary yellow dump truck with a small backhoe a couple of summers ago to help me with some landscaping. 6:30 AM. He'd begun unloading and making noise before I realized what was happening. He woke the neighbors - I know because they told me ;0)

hallngarden

Great choice on your roof. It’s perfect. It’s exciting watching your improvements.

Jasdip

Beautiful roof. I love your home!

Lindsey_CA

It looks great!

nickel_kg

Looks fresh and beautiful already!

Elmer J Fudd

Looks nice. Fast workers. It appears they used ridge vents, that approach should work well to ventilate the attic.

OutsidePlaying

It looks really great and the color is so much better. I'm sure you will love the end result when all the work is done.

pudgeder

Looking good!!!!!

nicole___

Nice! You've found good people to work for you!

lisa_fla

We had our roof down on our 2 story house about 2 weeks ago. A storm came along and they kept working. I couldn’t believe it! Heavy rain, thunder, lightning. Omg. It wasn’t a ‘ fly by night’ company. They have been in business for many years and have a stellar reputation, licensed and bonded, insured. That was crazy! I would have rather they came down and we could deal with any leaks later.

1 Like Save    
maifleur03

Depending on the company lisa your roof may have been done by a sub-contractor. Which is what happened with my last roof.

Save    
abbisgram

Your roof looks nice!

roy4me

I am so happy for you

Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides 7 Renaissance Design Features Right at Home Today
Your home may be taking design cues from the Medicis, from a single silk pillow to a sky-high ceiling over that four-poster bed
Full Story
Decorating Guides How to Decorate When You're Starting Out or Starting Over
No need to feel overwhelmed. Our step-by-step decorating guide can help you put together a home look you'll love
Full Story
Kitchen Design Today’s Coffee Stations Have All Kinds of Perks
Some of these features are so over the top that they will give you a jolt
Full Story
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More