It is what it is

HU-274840647

More Information about that nice man, in an interview Trump said “sure people have died but it is what it is.”

SaveComment104Like
Comments (104)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Iris GW

11 Likes Save    
HU-274840647

154,000 people that is.

It is an interesting interview with a guy called Swann who I had never heard before. Among other snippets he said he didn’t go to the Lewis funeral because John didn’t go to his SOU address.

1 Like Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

@jonathanvswan “Oh, you’re doing death as a proportion of cases. I’m talking about death as a proportion of population. That’s where the U.S. is really bad. Much worse than South Korea, Germany, etc.”

@realdonaldtrump“You can’t do that.”

Swan: “Why can’t I do that?”

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1290497186489348096

7 Likes Save    
Kitchenwitch111

The Republicans believe in a small federal government so they elected the smallest man they could find.

22 Likes Save    
dirtygert(5-NY)

So easy for Trump to write it off as "it is what it is." I would like to know what "it" would have been like if we had had someone at the helm who would have truly cared about leadership --- and truly cared about the people of our nation.

9 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Trying to talk sense to your crazy rambling dead drunk grandpa.

Donnie... your con is showing.

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1290580081845313537

5 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Johnny didn't come to my birthday party so I ain't going to his!

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/axios/status/1290494089369026560

3 Likes Save    
how2girl

Jonathan Swan’s an Australian (q the haters), political correspondent, moved to US in 2013. Interestingly his father’s a physician/journalist who’s been presenting the daily COVID updates on our national broadcaster (ABC).

1 Like Save    
socks(10a)

Swan’s voice remained steady while trump’s became strained and defensive. I liked that he challenged trump. It was a miserable display on trump’s part, really embarrassing. Had to laugh at the big, colorful chart he flapped around. Omg we have so long til January. It can get worse. The babysitters should send trump to play golf every day.

edited to add! Heavy use of accordion hands makes him look desperate.

13 Likes Save    
HU-274840647

This may be the last interview he ever does he just looks foolish, or is there a way for a supporter to spin it into a positive?

4 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Cult45 don't care.

4 Likes Save    
Marigold

Is this willful ignorance or is he really that obtuse? Even after all this time. I was gobsmacked at his explanations during the interview. He genuinely seemed not to understand the difference between death per cases and death per million.

7 Likes Save    
ohiomom

Now now now ... someone will be around shortly to re-speak what the tweeter really meant, and maybe while they are here they will tell us the details of the healthcare plan. Seeing him speak the words I am always positively sure they will tell us it is fake news, cause that is how the bobbleheads rock.

Bated breath .... bwahahahahahahahaha

6 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

He looks absolutely bombed out of his gourd in this interview.

Pupils blown.

9 Likes Save    
Iris GW

As an American, it is not a sentence that comforts me. I expect more from my leader. I really would have thought he'd have addressed the nation by now in a national message of support and sympathy.

1 Like Save    
miss lindsey (She/Her)(8a)

25 45

7 Likes Save    
soupgirl53

HU-274, I thought the same thing as I watch the Swan interview with Trump. It was a disaster and it means the Trump campaign is going to have to limit future Trump interviews to friendly reporters only.

3 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

I really would have thought he'd have addressed the nation by now in a national message of support and sympathy.

Read Mary Trump's book.
He is psychotically incapable of sympathy or empathy.

5 Likes Save    
Nana H

Iris you will be waiting a very long time for words of compassion, support and sympathy much less leadership, from the "it's all about me" guy. What a thing to say..."it is what it is..." from the President of the country.....

He also said during the interview that the "world " had more cases than the US. Yes that is probably true Trump the entire world probably does have more cases than the US....and some say Biden is senile !!!!

5 Likes Save    
sheesh(5b)

Have any of you seen Th he transcript from Trump's interview with Harris Faulkner? I saw the transcript but cannot find it now. It was more rambling and nonsensical than usual. I haven't seen the video.

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

I know you are aware Iris as is anyone outside the cult, but Donnie is no leader.

Expecting compassion out of Donnie is like expecting a possum to do your taxes.

Yo, semite!!! 😂

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1290675864762556416

4 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

I saw clips of the interview but when and on what channel did it air?

Save    
2 Likes Save    
HU-274840647

It was hard to follow but did he say that Old Faithful was in Yo-Semite ?

1 Like Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

If I were a generous person, I might give Trump credit for pronouncing 'sequoia' correctly -- but I'm not feeling particularly generous today.

3 Likes Save    
elvis

I say yose-might just for fun, but Trump probably pronounced it phonetically.

Ah well. How do we explain all the famous folks who mispronounced nuclear? People such as: U.S. presidents Dwight D. Eisenhower, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush as well as U.S. vice president Walter Mondale?

Just one of those things.

Save    
blfenton

The pettiness and ignorance of this man seems to know no bounds. It astounds me that this man is actually president.

He is psychotically incapable of sympathy or empathy. - Thor

I like the use of the word psychotically in this sentence.

Why on earth did they ever let him do the interview with Jonathan Swan?

Save    
Joaniepoanie

Thanks ziemia.

Just saw HBO is airing it again today at 6 EST. Can I stomach a full hour?

Save    
ImWithJoe

Joaniepoanie

Just saw HBO is airing it again today at 6 EST. Can I stomach a full hour?

——

we will watch during dinner. we are making burgers, home made buns and fries. grilled yellow squash slices with lots of seasoned pepper. we plan on drinking lots of 🍷. i think this will sadly be one of the more entertaining things we do this week. 🤣. burger buns king arthur

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

Barbara Wilson.. your siggy is catching.

trump virus 🦠

Guys I think HBO is doing a public service, the interview is on youtube.

1 Like Save    
HU-274840647

It is definitely worth watching even with the sound off you can seeJonathan Swans expression and laugh at Trump sitting like he is on the toilet.

4 Likes Save    
Nana H

King Arthur buns..the best!

2 Likes Save    
Lulu Smith

another rant that belongs on the editorial page.

6 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Guys we are clearly wrong about Donnie and compassion.

Big soft spot in his heart for child sex traffickers.

11 Likes Save    
Iris GW

Lulu, maybe David Nagy's relatives knew that he wanted to make a statement ...

1 Like Save    
barncatz

His answer to the question about whether he found John Lewis' story impressive was the very definition of "petty". What a tiny man. And how does he play golf when he never moves his arms outside his chest area?

2 Likes Save    
dirtygert(5-NY)

Lulu, if my husband were to catch COVID and die, that is EXACTLY the type of obituary I would want published. Only my words would be harsher than those. Heaven help all the world if that were to happen, because I wouldn't hold back a thing and anyone I felt complicit would feel the sharp side of my tongue.

14 Likes Save    
wildchild2x2

What a legacy that family left for future generations. We are so full of hatred that we had nothing nice to to say about grandpa's life. We just decided to use his death to let everyone know we hate Trump. Sickos.

Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Sickos.

A family in grief and sorrow . . .

8 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Yes, Nagy's family has had its hearts broken.

Sick at heart...

1 Like Save    
ubro(2a)

What a legacy that family left for future generations. We are so full of hatred that we had nothing nice to to say about grandpa's life. We just decided to use his death to let everyone know we hate Trump. Sickos

A legacy of truth is not a bad thing, I am sure the family knows nice things about grandpa, and for all you know grandpa had a hand in writing it. Trump's lack of leadership did result in many deaths should they applaud him for it?

2 Likes Save    
sheesh(5b)

It's not hatred, it's honesty.

5 Likes Save    
TXSkeeter

I usually try very hard to try to stay out of political conversations (semi- or otherwise), posts, diatribes and so on but it suddenly came to me that...

"It is what it is." may be the perfect comeback to all the nut case, orange man's whines and tantrums. Any time he makes it all about not getting his way, he deserves a "it is what it is" remark right back in his face.

"Nobody likes me..." Well slick, it is what it is. On this particular statement and similar ones like it that we hear or read over and over, I always think of the "worm song" that we learned as children and that of all the people I know, he is the one that it should be passed down to.

19 Likes Save    
Nana H

Amazing leadership .....Trump met with the Covid task force in the oval office . Tweeted out bragging pictures .

First time since April......let that sink in.

3 Likes Save    
jmm1837

"We are so full of hatred that we had nothing nice to to say about grandpa's life."

I don't see this as hatred. I see it as righteous anger at the self centred people, from Trump on down, who put their own selfish interests above the health and well being of their fellow Americans. If it causes a few people to rethink their values and amend their behavior, it will be a fitting memorial for a decent man.

14 Likes Save    
elvis

Mr. Nagy was in his 80th year, and by the looks of it, grossly overweight. Two strikes against him. It's a shame that he was exposed to the virus. That said, I'm sure the family feels guilty about not protecting him better.

Also, it's not uncommon for family to feel angry at the loss of a loved one. If some political venting helps them to be grieve, fair enough.

Save    
sheesh(5b)

Blaming the victim. Good for you, Elvis! Well done!

26 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

Txskeeter! I love it!. It is what is is, no one likes you, It is what it is!

Elvis! you don't mean what you said surely. You are going with blame his family? Are you sure? Orange man did not make sure he would not be exposed to this disease. He did not do what every other first world country did. Are you actually going to blame his family for national policy?

2 Likes Save    
jmm1837

Can someone please explain to me the mindset that people are accountable for their own actions and must take responsibility for them, while consistently refusing to apply that rule to Donald Trump?

17 Likes Save     Thanked by HU-274840647
sheesh(5b)

Trump virus. Yes.

1 Like Save    
jmm1837

It might be "plausible deniability" for Trump, but, at this stage, it's "implausible deniability" for his supporters in my book.

1 Like Save    
ImWithJoe

4 Likes Save    
bleusblue2

[

](https://www.gardenweb.com/user/lulu-smith2)

Lulu Smith

another rant that belongs on the editorial page.

~~~~

I'm surprised at your comment -- if it were my father who died from Covid19 his obituary would be a similar "rant." People feel they have nowhere to turn, they must rely on themselves while a virus is raging with no National Strategy -- as you remember Trump said he'd have a "National Strategy" by ... oh two days ago. Imagine announcing that you are ABOUT to initiate a National Strategy five months into a lockdown. The Nagy family deserves a chance to have its say anywhere and everywhere -- wonder if their Senator heard from them?

4 Likes Save    
elvis

it is what it is

There may have been a problem but it’s time to move on. The situation, circumstance, or outcome has already happened or been decided or established, so it must be accepted even if it is undesirable.

https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/it+is+what+it+is

Save    

Time to move on, while a virus continues to kill 1000 Americans everyday and overrun ICUs.

meh

Donald’s so over it.

5 Likes Save    

BTW I haven’t heard it compared to the seasonal flu in a while.

Are we still thinking that the mortality rate is going to be comparable, or...

Save    
deegw

Are his fans Trumpslaining or deflecting? I think they don't even know. They're just randomly throwing stuff and hoping something might stick.

4 Likes Save    
sheesh(5b)

They're panicky and some of them are as incoherent as trump is.

3 Likes Save    
terezosa / terriks

They're just randomly throwing stuff and hoping something might stick.

Just like their hero

2 Likes Save    
jmm1837

"There may have been a problem but it’s time to move on. The situation, circumstance, or outcome has already happened or been decided or established, so it must be accepted even if it is undesirable."

If that is what Trump meant, it's a complete cop out. There certainly "was" a problem, but, more to the point, there still "is" a problem and it's killing people every day. Trump can't do much about the 160,000 who have already died, some at least of whom were victims of his inertia, but he can do something about reducing the number of people who are going to die if the spread of the disease isn't slowed. Other countries' leaders aren't just shrugging their shoulders and walking away; they're working with experts to devise tactics and strategies and marshalling resources. Why isn't Trump? And why are so many willing to accept such casual mediocrity from him?

9 Likes Save    
wildchild2x2

If you look deeper into the story the hospital was going to send him home but the family chose to put him into a nursing home home instead. Interesting. Also one interview articles state he wasn't all that happy with the widow's political rants when he was alive. So maybe this was just her final word against a more conservative husband. My opinion was this last wife of his (they were only married 20 years) was just being a witch. Maybe if she had brought him home he wouldn't have gotten sick. This appears to be another tragic nursing home death. He was Covid free when he entered the nursing home. So how is this the fault of all those in her ranting obit? The public that doean't wear mask, Trump etc.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/salvadorhernandez/viral-coronavirus-obituary

3 Likes Save    
jmm1837

Your opinion is this wife is a witch? Classy.

Covid doesn't come from nowhere. It's transmitted by real actual people. Whether that's the fault of government, federal and state, for not managing quarantines, or careless and/or uncaring nursing homes, or anti maskers, or the mindset that these people are old and disposable, doesn't change a thing. The family didn't cause this man's death. The people who treat this disease as a shrug of the shoulders, forget it, lets move on and not do a doggone thing to slow it down because it's inconvenient for us- those are the people who are responsible. But responsibility is for someone else, right? Never the people who can't be bothered to do the right thing.

10 Likes Save    
bfox254

Back to the interview...those "charts" Trump waved around looked like something from a fifth grade school project.

Every voter in America should be required to watch that interview before casting a ballot. We're never getting the virus under control until he's out of office.

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

Is that the cure for Covid? Get Trump out of office? Great logic.

Save    
mr1010

For those asking:

This was not Jonathan Swift's first interview of Trump. Another one in 2018 was apparently pretty much softball. So he was 'allowed' another one.

Jonathan's mother AND father are physicians of merit in his home country.

See the bright yellow dress of Kayleigh shuffle through the room in beginning of video. This was SO staged, but they failed to pull it off despite the purple and red charts.

Trump just provided Biden Ads w/ excepts. Thanks confused old man.

Now picture what all the ousted advisors said about the man. They were all right.

2 Likes Save    
wildchild2x2

He was not ill when she chose to put him in a nursing home during a pandemic when it was well known that nursing homes had a lot of their patients dying of covid. She and family placed him there. She had the option to bring him home. He was not ill at the time. He caught covid in the nursing home. Now instead of accepting that her choice turned out to a poor one she decides to politicize her husband's death. Yeah. I call her a witch. A classless witch.

Trump is correct. It is what it is and good for him for refusing to take the bait she's tossed out there.

2 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

jmm1837

Can someone please explain to me the mindset that people are accountable for their own actions and must take responsibility for them, while consistently refusing to apply that rule to Donald Trump?

Sure. It is a cult.

In the interview yesterday Donnie, for the second time that we know of, went out of his way to express his sympathies for a child sex trafficker.

The people who continue to defend him will defend him no matter what.

5 Likes Save    
terezosa / terriks

mr1010 - the interviewer's name is Jonathan Swan.

Save    
floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK

Yes. A Jonathan Swift interview would have been a good deal more cutting.

2 Likes Save    
mr1010

Oh thanks terezosa, I've been too busy laughing at today's gaffe- Yo Semite!!!

Next year, if things improve, and a new team in WH...where will we get our SNL

ideas?

2 Likes Save    
HU-274840647

It is useless trying to reason a man out of a thing he never reasoned into.

Jonathan Swift

5 Likes Save    
socks(10a)

Some presidents pronounced nuclear wrong, but Trump mispeaks often. You would think America’s president would know how to pronounce the names of national parks.

I notice he is reading in a more monotone voice, less effort to make it like it’s his thoughts and opinions. Just reading. Obviously did not review before he stepped in front of the mic.

1 Like Save    
bfox254

That entire interview could have been an SNL skit

4 Likes Save    
jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

I make those Moomie hamburger buns too! Easy and delicious.

"It is what it is" means that Trump has thrown in the white towel and we can no longer expect any attempt by the feds to curb the virus's spread. It's the exact equivalent of "Que Sera Sera". Cue Doris Day.

2 Likes Save    
mr1010

or...too bad, so sad...let them eat cake. Oh Wellllll.

1 Like Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

President elect Biden's first words of his acceptance speech on Nov 4th should be exactly that ------ "It is what it is .....donald".

3 Likes Save    
bleusblue2

wildchild2x2

He was not ill when she chose to put him in a nursing home during a pandemic when it was well known that nursing homes had a lot of their patients dying of covid. She and family placed him there. She had the option to bring him home. He was not ill at the time. He caught covid in the nursing home. Now instead of accepting that her choice turned out to a poor one she decides to politicize her husband's death. Yeah. I call her a witch. A classless witch.

Trump is correct. It is what it is and good for him for refusing to take the bait she's tossed out there.

~~~~

"Now instead of accepting that her choice turned out to a poor one she decides to politicize her husband's death."

The virus is spreading and Americans are thrown to the winds, waiting waiting waiting for a "National Strategy" to deal with the virus. So, they are making "choices" kind of like shooting a pinball machine -- remember those? The virus is everywhere. Rather than admit that the virus is everywhere because of lousy leadership you choose to slander the poor widow (after all they were only married for 20 years -- what a bimbo).

"But in late March, after falls, David was taken to a hospital for treatment and eventually to a nursing home for recovery. At the time Jefferson had only three coronavirus cases, Stacey said. When it came to decide if it was safer to bring David home or keep him in the nursing home, she and David’s son decided he would be safer away from home. Stacey was worried she might bring home the virus after a trip to the grocery store."

1 Like Save    
elvis

He was not ill when she chose to put him in a nursing home during a pandemic when it was well known that nursing homes had a lot of their patients dying of covid. She and family placed him there. She had the option to bring him home. He was not ill at the time. He caught covid in the nursing home. Now instead of accepting that her choice turned out to a poor one she decides to politicize her husband's death.

Thanks for posting the details, Wildchild. So dear wife [unwittingly] committed cuomocide. She was faced with the choice between exposure to the virus in a nursing home or making care arrangements in the marital home.

The guilt must be crushing, it's a no brainer to see why she's lashing out, poor thing.

1 Like Save    
maifleur03

elvis you just disrespected many people on here who have had a loved one who had dementia. Not all dementia patients can be kept safe at home. What would you rather have them do turn them loose to add to the homeless population?

6 Likes Save    
mr1010

Here in Florida, Covid positive elderly are being placed in nursing homes during recovery. No wonder the virus is running rampant in nursing homes.

I've talked to several women lately that refused to care for spouse in their home during recovery from surgery or hospitalized illness. Some just don't want the bother. Let someone else do the hard work. Then when the spouse catches something and dies, they yell and scream. Oh well, what'd they expect?

1 Like Save    
ubro(2a)

Why are nursing home accepting positive cases, can they not refuse to infect the rest of the staff and patients?

2 Likes Save    
mr1010

Great question ubro. $$$ rules here, I guess. Now patient's families are protesting they aren't able to get any info on their parents in the nursing homes.

nursing homes in Florida are a real mess in the best of times.

Save    
ubro(2a)

^^^^ if it is any comfort ours have not proven to be any better.

Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

Back to the Yosemite thing - didn't our president just boast in another recent interview that he reads very well and his comprehension is really very good?

And honestly - I guess we can always count on our rightward goose stepping comrades to cast ad hominem aspersions on actual suffering victims in defense of the indefensible. It's always interesting & enlightening to see the talking points being disseminated by the R-wing networks, and just how low they seem willing to go.

2 Likes Save    
elvis

Not all dementia patients can be kept safe at home.

Not in dispute. However, reports are that the man had multiple medical issues, including mild dementia.

With that large loving family of 5 adult children and a much younger wife, surely arrangements could be made to keep this man in his loving home. Go ahead, ask me how I know that this can and should, whenever possible, be done.

Mai, I remember your descriptions of the trying time you went through with your spouse...on your own. As I told you then, God bless you for how hard you tried.

1 Like Save    

Convenient to focus on the personal story of one family’s care decisions rather than focus on Donald’s complete inability to understand the reality of hundreds of thousands of American families who have had to make those decisions over the past six months.

(edited to clarify)

5 Likes Save    
jmm1837

A lot of people go into a rehab setting after a serious illness or operation. It can happen because the individual has additional needs that require professional care, or because their own home is unsuitable (too many stairs, etc) or because family can't provide adequate care, or a combination of all three. When I had my hip replacement two years ago, I was interviewed by a social worker who assessed whether I could return home after the operation: I got the okay, while two other people who had the operation the same day were transferred to a rehab hospital. There is no reason to blame anyone for choosing a medically appropriate decision, in what should have been a professionally managed, low risk environment. That Covid got loose in the nursing home is the fault of the nursing home, careless people wandering around unmasked, and politicians doing the minimal to slow the spread of the disease.

There are some very ugly stories coming out in Australia right now, and I assure you, blame is being placed where it rightly should be - lax government regulation and inspection, and very poor management and training in some of the nursing homes, plus a system in which casual staff work in several different homes, carrying the virus between them. No one is blaming families. It is the nursing homes that are responsible for ensuring a safe and sanitary environment with well trained staff, and the government that is responsible for making sure that happens. In this case, both failed. We do believe in accountability, don't we?

2 Likes Save    

Convenient to focus on the personal story of one family’s care decisions
An attempt was made here to use the article to focus on "Trump is a bad man". So it is relevant to expose the woman for what she is.

———

And that has been done and done again.

Yet nothing has been said by those who have “exposed” this woman about the topic of the OP, which is Donald’s response to >150,000 dead Americans in a situation that he labeled as a war: “it is what it is.” Shrug. He’s over it.

Would that the same posters here who are so intrigued by one family’s personal drama would care just a little bit about the President’s lack of care for Americans as a whole.

3 Likes Save    
bleusblue2

elvis

Not all dementia patients can be kept safe at home.

Not in dispute. However, reports are that the man had multiple medical issues, including mild dementia.

With that large loving family of 5 adult children and a much younger wife, surely arrangements could be made to keep this man in his loving home. Go ahead, ask me how I know that this can and should, whenever possible, be done.

Mai, I remember your descriptions of the trying time you went through with your spouse...on your own. As I told you then, God bless you for how hard you tried.

~~~~~~

Right. What should be done "Whenever possible" is keep them at home. So since we don't know this large family and what their troubles are let's concentrate on why there is no NATIONAL STRATEGY five months into initial shutdown.

. "Whenever possible" do it -- it isn't nice to congratulate oneself while judging others who didn't do the same for their loved one.

7 Likes Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

I'm almost certain those passing such cold-hearted judgement know full well that everybody has different life circumstances.

Or do they?

3 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

No one is blaming families. It is the nursing homes that are responsible for ensuring a safe and sanitary environment with well trained staff, and the government that is responsible for making sure that happens. In this case, both failed. We do believe in accountability, don't we?

My thoughts exactly, nursing homes are the ones to tell families that they cannot possibly accept a person who has Covid, they have that choice right up front and it is their responsibility to accept blame when they knowingly do this and the virus runs rampant, but money talks.

IMO the real villains in all of this are the homes and their directors who accept infected people with nary a thought to those vulnerable patients already within their care.

To our shame Canada has had a horrendous track record on nursing home deaths from Covid, the blame lays with the nursing homes and with the govt. that failed to provide proper oversight and regulations.

Save    
elvis

Mr. Nagy caught covid in the nursing home, he wasn't admitted with it.

Save    
jmm1837

And that, Elvis, is the whole point. The nursing home didn't take the necessary steps to keep covid out. Proper protocols, PPE, testing of staff and patients, limited to know casual visitors - the sorts of things done by homes that have nil cases.

4 Likes Save    
palisades_

Mr. Nagy caught covid in the nursing home, he wasn't admitted with it.

That’s what I read too. NHs are well known Covid hot spots. Wonder what were the motives of the wife to push him in obvious harm way, to make a political point, to collect insurance??

Save    
elvis

Oftentimes it's difficult to tell whether posters are talking about apples, oranges, or bananas. Yes, I knew this^^^, I just wasn't sure whether others were clear on that or not. My post didn't cost me a dime. Shrug.

Interesting that the British use "nil" as an adjective differently than Americans do. I did not know that.

Save    
palisades_

Our protocols are masks, then face guards for interactions outside NHs. Full PPEs are required when entering any NH.

1 Like Save    

Being a number, “nil” is a noun. It is the quantity zero or nothing.

Save    
Marigold

It disturbs me that somehow the wife became a villain for agreeing to a nursing home. There are so many factors that we just don't know. Is she healthy? Was he able to mobilize? Was he a 1 person transfer, or 2?
Maybe it would behoove you to lay off his family, and to place the blame where it belongs

5 Likes Save    
maifleur03

Each patient with mild dementia is different. Mild dementia is not just having a brain that just does not function slightly from the way it did. Without knowing what the man was doing at home no one should condemn the woman because she placed him in the home. The way some have posted it is like she placed him so he could have the virus.

2 Likes Save    
palisades_

It disturbs me that somehow the wife became a villain for agreeing to a nursing home. There are so many factors that we just don't know. Is she healthy? Was he able to mobilize? Was he a 1 person transfer, or 2?.......

Each patient with mild dementia is different. Mild dementia is not just having a brain that just does not function slightly from the way it did. Without knowing what the man was doing at home .......

Even for those reasons, during this pandemic, would you (as guardians) put your loved ones in a NH, given their well known infectious rates, very low survival chance, extremely high risk that healthcare professionals must take all necessary precautions to enter and work in there?

2 Likes Save    
mr1010

It's well known that NHs are a petri dish right now but even in normal times, not all NHs provide good care or are disease free.

I've noticed that there are 2 camps in families. Some believe that ill or rehabbing family should be taken care of by family in the home. So you need to hire help or visiting nurses,or neighbors, or other family, you get it done. That's life.

Others want no part of tending ill or rehabbing family. Ship them off to NH and if they have adequate insurance and/or money, the patient may never leave. The NH

becomes their permanent home. Just visit a NH and hear the stories.

1 Like Save    
nickel_kg(6)

Such broad brushes. I've had elderly relatives in various facilities over the past decade or so, my with own dad and my MIL still in care homes. Do some of ya'll even know there's a range of quality out there? You have to do due diligence but they are not all horror stories.

Save    
HamiltonGardener

I think, and this may just be our system, that it’s important to note the difference between a nursing home and a retirement home.

A nursing home is generally for those who require more advanced care than can generally be provided at home... more “end of life care” situations.

I’m not sure it’s fair to judge.

2 Likes Save    
bleusblue2

The article says there were only three cases in her area. I don't have the source right now. I would let it pass and assume she did her best. And THEN I'd concentrate on why America is in such a mess.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Home Tech Wi-Fi: What It Is and How to Make It Work Better in Your House
As more devices rely on this technology in the home, it’s good to be prepared
Full Story
Materials Woodipedia: Is It Cherry or Is It Alder?
Learn the differences between these two wood types, as well as costs, sustainability and a caution about finishing
Full Story
Furniture Is It a Gyroscope or Sculpture? Nope, It’s a Chair
With an inner ring that rotates 360 degrees, this student-designed seat is positioned to turn some heads
Full Story