'Nobody likes me,' Trump complains, as even his allies fade

kadefol

About time too!!

Lamenting his plunging popularity this week, a self-pitying President Donald Trump wondered how it all went wrong.

"Nobody likes me," he said, confounded at how his administration's health experts could be receiving accolades while he is accused of ignoring and denying the raging public health crisis.

"It can only be my personality," Trump said, "that's all."

That's one answer.

In a week that saw a devastating global pandemic worsen, a record economic meltdown confirmed and an all-out bid to stoke racial tensions for political gain deepen, Trump is finding himself more and more the odd man out: absent and detached from the leadership of either party, locked in antique cultural battles and increasingly unpopular among voters.

By Friday, the President's blunt assessment of his own popularity seemed to have manifested in a litany of other ways:

• Even his staunchest Republican allies flatly rejected his suggestion that November's voting be delayed, some actually laughing at what, by most accounts, was a serious (if toothless) proposal from the President to undermine the election.
  • The nation's civic leadership, including three of Trump's four living predecessors, gathered without him in Atlanta to honor the late Rep. John Lewis, making the sitting president's absence conspicuous if unsurprising.
  • Stimulus talks on Capitol Hill have proceeded almost entirely without his participation, and have been notable mainly for the disarray they have exposed among Republicans, many of whom were unpleasantly surprised to learn the President's demand for a new FBI building was included in the final proposal.
  • In a closed door hearing on Friday, intelligence officials working in Trump's own administration discounted the possibility of foreign countries mass-producing fake ballots to interfere in the November elections -- a claim Trump seemed to be making simultaneously from the Cabinet Room.
  • And the concerted push by Trump to delegitimize mail-in ballots is raising alarm bells among Republican operatives, who are worried the President's demand for in-person voting will mainly serve to dampen turnout among his own supporters.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/01/politics/donald-trump-allies-election/index.html

SaveComment24Like1
Comments (24)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
roy4me

Reminds me of the song from years ago.

Nobody loves me.

Everybody hates me.

I think I will go out and eat worms.

Maybe Trump should try it.

5 Likes Save     Thanked by kadefol
ohiomom

.....that is really a sad sad tale.

He probly' needs a binky

(^_^)

matthias_lang

3 Likes Save     Thanked by kadefol
steve2416

Finally he gets it - I haven't liked him since the late 60's.

11 Likes Save     Thanked by kadefol
HU-274840647

It is well deserved though, right?

Lars(Z11a (coastal L.A.) and Z9a (desert))

Even this is a lie, as there are people who are as bad as he is who still like him.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by kadefol
maifleur03

Be careful since every time he has done something like this he has lashed out at the most defenseless. I have wondered it it was done to bring the people who have not paid attention to make remarks so that they can be attacked and if possible destroyed. If they have too powerful connections they will not be touched. Mocking him happened right before he started caging children. After he did that the mocking stopped until now.

Save     Thanked by kadefol
DawnInCal

Awwww, that's sad.

Anyone ever notice that he has dead eyes? His kids do too. I attribute that to having no joy in life - no matter how much they have (money, power, fame, whatever) it's not bringing them happiness thus the dead eyes.

8 Likes Save     Thanked by kadefol
cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)(zone 7, Northern VA)

I wonder if anyone, even those he thinks of as friends, really likes him. Even his wife said that they wouldn't be together if he weren't rich and she weren't beautiful. I just cannot feel sorry for him.

Dawn, yes, dead eyes with a bit of a reptilian quality thrown in there in his case.

1 Like Save     Thanked by kadefol
George Davis

These allies are all falling to their fainting couches but their not doing anything to stop him. No, they have their sensitivities. They wouldn't be seen doing those bad things being done. But they enjoy trump doing them.

nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

I've never liked Trump, so no change in my opinion.

9 Likes Save     Thanked by kadefol
Joaniepoanie

“Nobody likes me“———-finally he tells the truth !!!

2 Likes Save     Thanked by kadefol
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,others)(8a)
petalique

We have a few, true. But they don’t really know him.

kadefol

So he’s aware that the majority don’t like him, but he still insists if he loses the election it’s because it was “rigged”.

8 Likes Save    
HamiltonGardener

Anyone ever notice that he has dead eyes? His kids do too.

That’s an outright lie.. That’s fake news. I have the proof.

vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

This is what trump wants to be....

vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

...But this is what he is.....

queenmargo

Save    
kadefol

1 Like Save    
paprikash

1 Like Save    
queenmargo

Save    
kadefol

4 Likes Save    
olychick

No one likes him? Because there is not one redeeming quality to like.

Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Working With Pros 7 Tips for Making Contractors Your Allies
For a contractor as vested as you are in your home project's success, follow these time-tested techniques from a professional designer
Full Story
Transitional Homes Houzz Tour: Smart New Look for a Once-Faded Beauty
Homeowners fall in love with a 1939 Colonial Revival house in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and bring it back to life
Full Story
Most Popular Decorating 101: How Much Is This Going to Cost Me?
Learn what you might spend on DIY decorating, plus where it’s good to splurge or scrimp
Full Story