SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

FOTESS: AUGUST BOOK SWAP

sandlapper_rose
3 years ago

You must be a member of this group Friends of the Earth Simple Swaps (FOTESS) in order to participate. If you are interested in joining, check with me, Jeanne (sandlapper_rose) about the requirements.

We're keeping it simple this month. Other places may be different, but it is super hot here in South Carolina and not a time when I can do much outdoors, but it's perfect for reading!

Here's how we'll do this. You will sign up and will send a book to the partner you are matched with. Books can be new, but a gently used book is totally fine. Only include the book in your package – no seeds, cards, notes, etc. This allows us to use media rate which is so much less expensive when we mail. Be sure to request media rate when you send so you get this lower price.

You can post your preference on what you would like to receive: Novel, Gardening or Cookbook. Just list them as first, second, third. Once partners are assigned I have no problem with the sender and recipient discussing what she would be able to send, books the person may already have, etc. At least at my house, there are plenty to choose from! (You don't have to discuss --- it can simply be a surprise.)

Sign up by August 9. Mail by August 20. My experience with media mail recently is that it has been delivered within a week.

I was trying to think of a different types of games for this month and came up with a theme of books and crossword puzzles. Not quite sure how I will work with those and create games, but I'll give it a try.

Even if you don't join the swap, if you are a FOTESS member you can play the games and I hope every member will stop in for chatting and add some pictures if you like.

Comments (156)