SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
abcdlatham

Yet another “where to end the backsplash” question.

abcdlatham
3 years ago

Trying to figure out how far up to take our backsplash. The sink wall has a large window with a sill the same granite as the counters and no uppers. We are planning on a simple subway tile with matching grout (although probably a longer format - maybe 3x9 or 4x12) - we want the granite to remain the star. I see three possibilities - do the whole wall, tile up on the whole wall to just over the location of the light switch - probably about 14 inches, or just tile underneath the window. My concern on tiling the whole wall is there is so much light bouncing around - I don’t want it to end up looking like a bathroom wall - and I wonder if the other two possibilities would look silly or unfinished. We are no where near deciding on colors, but I will include a picture of some samples. The sample on the left is the 3x9 size. I have looked at photos on Houzz but have a hard time visualizing how things will work in our space. Using the granite as a splash either under the sink or along the whole wall at the level of the sill is a no go for DH so it will be some sort of tile. Would love to see pictures if anyone has done tiling that stops part way up the wall or just under the sink. Thanks for the help!

Comments (5)