We don’t need no stinking masks!

maddielee

45 landed in Tampa this afternoon (7/31/2020). Tampa, in Florida, a Covid hotspot. Here’s a photo with some Florida sheriffs....

SaveComment59Like
Comments (59)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maifleur03

Makes people wonder at the gross stupidity of the police department leaders. It also explains why so many police departments have problems following laws.

I hope they are around long enough to tell the next generation that a photo op is not as important as their health.

I have wondered since in the past no one who wore a face covering could be within a certain distance from the President or VP if that is the reason that they are allowed to go maskless near the President. I would think that even with instant testing there is no assurance that none of them do not have the virus so it is simply tossing a coin. He may become infected from one of them or not. Please let it be soon so he will know what the people who have contracted have gone through.

3 Likes Save    
olychick

More Darwin awards on the way.

3 Likes Save    
socks(10a)

Not defending these maroons, but at least they are outside. I wonder how many of those officers would have preferred to wear a mask but were told not to do it.

3 Likes Save    
loonlakelaborcamp(3 A/B)

And how many do you know have had or have not had Covid already? Can't condemn unless you know.

Save    
ImWithJoe

poor guy picking his nose.....jajaja

Save    
sleeperblues(3-wisonsin)

It looks likes he's adjusting his glasses. Doesn't Trump realize that all these anti-maskers that get sick and die are one less vote for him in November?

1 Like Save    
ImWithJoe

soooo many people showed up. dozens at least.

whitehouse official photo

10 Likes Save    
nickel_kg(6)

loon, I condemn them all. A- as persons of authority they have a responsibility to set a good example, and B- the jury is still out on how long a person's immunity lasts -- so it matters not if they've had the virus or not.

Bozo cowards like these men in uniforms are the reason our communities and economies are in shambles.

8 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

Photos above, oh dear.

1 Like Save    
elvis

maifleur03

...He may become infected from one of them or not. Please let it be soon ...

Well wishes, huh?

1 Like Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

From my point of view it would be good for all of us if Trump gets to experience the virus, sort of like Boris Johnson. He would know it is a bad thing to happen to you and so change his ways. Is that a bad thing? I dont want him to die, just suffer what others go through. Why is that a problem wish? He doesn't care if I get it and die. He does not care.

6 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

maifleur:

He may become infected from one of them or not. Please let it be soon so he will know what the people who have contracted have gone through.

:(

I hope you did not mean that.

BTW, how are you doing maifleur? I hope you're able to get out a bit.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Maybe read here more carefully.

Save    
olychick

In my county, the Sheriff is facing a recall petition because of his statements that he would not enforce the mask order issued by the governor (and out county health department). I'm not sure anyone ever expected to have LE actually criminally enforcing the order, but it seems the Sheriff is in no position to decide and announce what orders and laws he will recognize and enforce.

This is a man who, a few years ago, on vacation in Montana where there are no laws requiring helmets, had an accident on his motorcycle and suffered severe brain trauma - life threatening - because he wasn't wearing a helmet. Anyone in LE for any length of time is going to be exposed to death and injury from motorcycle accidents, and the wisdom of wearing a helmet when riding. But he didn't need no stinkin' helmet. And now he doesn't need no stinkin' mask. I don't think the brain injury was beneficial to his reasoning skills. https://www.theolympian.com/news/local/article244573147.html

1 Like Save    
NOWAY2Biden

Look at the picture inside the church of the John Lewis funeral. Hardly any masks there and definitely no social distancing in practice.

1 Like Save    
NOWAY2Biden

olychick

More Darwin awards on the way.

Does your statement hold true for those attending the John Lewis funeral unmasked and not social distanced? I truly hope none of those fine people get sick.

Save    
littleonefb(zone 5, MA)

Look at the picture inside the church of the John Lewis funeral. Hardly any masks there and definitely no social distancing in practice.

Could be you and I are looking at different funerals Noway2Biden.

Scroll through the pics from this link. looks like lots of masks in these pics, on everyone no less. even the honor guard wearing a black mask. Also see lots of social distancing inside the church as well

Looks like the only ones not wearing a mask where those speaking at the funeral.

.masks on at John Lewis Funeral

2 Likes Save    
olychick

Looks like a lot of masks and distancing to me.

1 Like Save    
NOWAY2Biden

olychick Here's one example of no social distancing at his service.

Very few masks and again, no social distancing.

Meanwhile, these are the rules for the rest of us:

Save    
littleonefb(zone 5, MA)

and you can tell who is and isn't wearing a mask by looking at their backs? Considering many of those pictured where wearing black masks, those would blend in with the picture and be very difficult to see. Those wearing a white mask, well some of them are visible in your second photo, And I do see quite a bit of social distancing as well.

Maybe it's just that some of us have better vision than others, or just refuse to see what is in front of them.

3 Likes Save    
ohiomom

Love the pic above of the guy sitting alone by the fan .... this group chose not to wear a mask and those officers have families that they will go home to at night.

As far as the funeral, I saw nothing but masks ... if not social distancing.

How bout you (generic you) start going into stores/restaurants/bars without shoes/shirt ... hells bells walk around all day long in public that way.

No no no ... some just gotta be whiney about wearing a mask.

Throw some cheese their way to go with that whine.

Funeral Pics: MASKS

3 Likes Save    
Nana H

The recommendations are to wear a mask when unable to socially distance. There is no requirement to do both although many do. The family was seated together and they were all wearing masks from what I saw. Non family members were seated socially distanced from each other, and from the family, most wearing masks as well. State guidelines for the numbers allowed at the gathering were adhered to.

The only thing that caught my attention for not being masked and/or socially distanced was the singers behind the speaker's podium. They seemed too close to each other to me but hard to judge from a camera shot.

In the picture above the sheriff's and the "crowd" were neither socially distanced nor masked.

3 Likes Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

Our state is in freefall right now, it seems. Some counties and cities like mine are trying to implement and enforce safety guidelines, but it's not like there are borders between us and the rest of the state.

And we have what looks like a hurricane heading our way.

Heard a pretty good analogy about this ad hoc cluster approach to the pandemic. It's as if, after Pearl Harbor, FDR had said, "This is Hawaii's problem."

3 Likes Save    
Kitchenwitch111

The Trumpers see no masks worn at John Lewis's funeral when everyone there was wearing one except for those speaking. Same with the protesters. They truly live in an alternate reality.

9 Likes Save    
terezosa / terriks

And now this Pennsylvania legislator is complaining that people are being mean to the "unmasked community."

🙄🙄🙄

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/1608740416981/pa-legislator-says-the-unmasked-community-faces-harassment-because-people-were-mean-to-him-online

1 Like Save    
maddielee

Thank you for that link @ohiomom those are beautiful photos.

1 Like Save    
Nana H

Ok...for the technically challenged...how do you embed a picture from the web?

Save    
Bunny

Nana, right click on the picture, save it to your desktop, then upload it as you would any other photo.

Save    
Nana H

10 Likes Save    
Nana H

Thanks Bunny....thought this was too funny not to share !

1 Like Save    
elvis

As far as the funeral, I saw nothing but masks ... if not social distancing.

John Lewis's funeral when everyone there was wearing one except for those speaking.

Maybe it's just that some of us have better vision than others, or just refuse to see what is in front of them.

How about that woman in the first row? Her skin is brown, her mask is white...and dangling under her chin area.

Save    
Nana H

Elvis, it looks to me, although a small image and the background is blurred, that her mask is flesh coloured and over her face. The white is a necklace.

ETA Yes. while the pic is blurred, she is definitely wearing a mask.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2020/jul/31/obama-bush-and-clinton-speak-at-funeral-for-congressman-john-lewis-video

5 Likes Save    

Agreed, Nana - anyone who watched the service could clearly see everyone wearing masks and appropriately spaced.

Anyway - 1 person seated in a pew vs. 9-10 law enforcement officials and the president of the United States presenting an official public announcement?

Great example of grasping at false equivalency.

3 Likes Save    
barncatz

I'm assuming, as someone else mentioned, that many of the funeral attendees were there with another household member e.g. a spouse. You wouldn't socially distance then.

3 Likes Save    
Nana H

What are you talking about? All protocols were adhered to . Apparently Trump supporters don't even know what they are.

5 Likes Save    
cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)(zone 7, Northern VA)

Nana, the RW is just continuing their divisive mendacity and accusations with no grounding in the truth.

ETA: and heaven forbid that a former president telling the truth be admired. Sheesh.

8 Likes Save    
cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)(zone 7, Northern VA)

Also, Stan, I find your comment, "...a corpse that was dragged all over the country and back..." to be highly offensive. John Lewis' casket traveled to places that were honoring him. The only corpses I know of that have been dragged anywhere are those of Black men like James Byrd Jr. who were killed by racist white men. Your comment is appalling and a dog whistle although I suspect you would never admit it.

9 Likes Save    
Nana H

I get the fact that there is great diversity on political issues and ideology but I sure don't get why some Americans want so desperately to support a politician that they choose him over public health. They claim to be in favour of public safety but apparently health isn't part of the saftey equation for them.

I think a couple are just pulling chains....but that isn't the point. For a country to be divided this way over a serious public health issue killing thousands and thousands is mind boggling to me.

I don't know for sure that masks prevent spread...but I do know most experts think so and that's about all we have so therefore I am willing to err on the side of caution if there is any chance lives will be saved...including mine!

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

Obama is criticized for not doing enough for blacks but if he speaks up for blacks he is accused of fomenting hate. Which is it?

4 Likes Save    
elvis

You're right about the blurry photo, nana. It's impossible to determine what's going on there.

Save    
abzzybee(9/10 S. Florida)

It's pointless to wear a mask and not simultaneously also keep a physical distance. Regardless of the recommendations. This virus is contagious respiratory virus and transmission is air borne as well via contaminated surfaces/fomites.

Save    
Save    
ubro(2a)

It's pointless to wear a mask and not simultaneously also keep a physical distance.

I disagree.

I do know that when I am out wearing a mask people seem to keep their distance from me. I guess they do not know if I am wearing it because I am infective, or I am afraid.

ETA --- NOWAY2Biden, that picture angle does not show that people wore masks, you do not have to keep 6 feet apart if you are masked.

Here is a better angle, some are 6 feet apart, you also do not have to keep 6 feet apart if you are family members, or members of a bubble. Either way, they were masked so the article you linked to is misleading.

1 Like Save    
ohiomom

If anyone bothered to click on Nana's link it is impossible not to see a flesh colored mask, unless half of this woman's face is missing?

Go ask Alice ....

1 Like Save    
elvis

I can see it now, ubro. Thanks.

2 Likes Save    
Barbara Wilson

So enlightening when the rw here show their true colors.

trump virus 🦠

1 Like Save    
Barbara Wilson

No way

i don’t know about you but when I attend a funeral I sit with my family members.

You don’t know who those people are and if they are with family, which is highly likely, there is no reason for social distancing from them. And everyone appears to be wearing a mask.

trump virus 🦠

1 Like Save    
ohiomom

Obama wore a mask, he removed it to speak and put it back on.

Save    
bob_cville

So NOWAY are you ready to concede that you were wrong yet?

Save    
Nana H

bob , I think the answer is likely NOWAY.

4 Likes Save    
olychick

So much rw concern over a funeral for a Black man; so little concern for the lives of Black people.

2 Likes Save    

And now this has come out - not sure if it's true, but the first photo, upper left, is real:

2 Likes Save    
Nana H

The man's ego is actually very frightening. Crowd size is his number one thing...that is so pathetic.

1 Like Save    
Marigold

Carol, Daniel Dale says the pics are not from the White House https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1289929398938869760
So hard to know what is real news and what is not, because it is completely believable

2 Likes Save    
NOWAY2Biden

bob_cville

Not anymore than the vast majority of the blinded peeps here.

Dem virus rampant

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Trump reality show. Sham of a businessman and sham of a President. Nobody likes him. BooHoo

1 Like Save    
olychick

The UN reality show is soon to be cancelled!

Save    
bob_cville

I meant specifically regarding your thoroughly disproven claim that:

> Look at the picture inside the church of the John Lewis funeral. Hardly
any masks there and definitely no social distancing in practice.

Every person in every picture except for the person at the podium IS wearing a mask. So your claim is incorrect. And false. And contradictory to facts.

Or are you going to hold fast to your unsupported belief and repeat it again and again despite clear evidence that it is not true?

Asking for a friend.

5 Likes Save    
Barbara Wilson

Don’t hold your breath Bob. They’ve got nothing but lies and false news. And like their great leader they deny and NEVER apologize.

trump virus 🦠

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular 5 Remodels That Make Good Resale Value Sense — and 5 That Don’t
Find out which projects offer the best return on your investment dollars
Full Story
Storage Hat Storage: Don’t Get Bent Out of Shape
From boxes to hooks, we look at ways to keep your lid on straight in time for summer hat season
Full Story
Housekeeping Don't Touch Another Stain Before You Read This
Even an innocent swipe with water may cause permanent damage. Here's what to know about how rugs and fabrics react
Full Story