Useful Website - Every Political Leader on Every Issue

kadefol

POV and voting records for various issues, all compiled for each politician. Really useful to check all of Biden's potential VP picks.

Every Political Leader on Every Issue

SaveComment12Like3
Comments (12)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Joaniepoanie

Excellent—thank you.

Save     Thanked by kadefol
kadefol

You're welcome. :)

Save    
chisue

Bookmarked. Wow!

cattyles

Great source! Thanks, kadefol.

gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

How odd. Why is Duckworth the only one with more than a head shot? Yes, I know. But that really makes it an emphasis of her injuries being THE foremost point to be made about her. I don't know if it was the site's choice, or hers. But to me, that type of personal history information is a backdrop/personal character level of consideration, not the REASON I would, or would not, vote for someone. Pity pandering earns "icky"-tactics minus points.

kadefol

^^ Likely the site's choice, they compile public information and probably don't ask the candidates which photos to use. I don't think it's pity-pandering, pretty much everyone is aware of her injuries and she doesn't seem to get special treatment because of them nor does she seem to expect that.

Save    
sleeperblues(3-wisonsin)

Thank you, I bookmarked it too

gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

kadefol, For what reason would a site refuse to change the photo to one of a similar style as all of the others? Politicians do keep a watch on what photos are used online. I cannot think of any other reason a full photo would be used. Can you supply one?

kadefol

Why do you think they would refuse to change the photo? Perhaps no one has asked them to change it.

Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

CA Governor Newsom is not listed with current state elected leaders -- Jerry Brown is still listed as governor -- but he is listed as former SF Mayor and one-time gubernatorial candidate.

kadefol

Nancy, I clicked on “governors” on the header, and then on CA and Newsom is listed as gov. But if there’s an error on another page the website compilers would likely appreciate if you pointed it out to them.

Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

As I said, then that is the focus Duckworth must want to project. They would know which photo is on such a major site.

Reminds me of the type of behavior as someone that asked us for directions to a place in San Francisco. He felt the need to drop that he was a professor at Chapman University. To me he was a stranger that was going to be out of our lives in 2 minutes. Why the heck did he think that would be of import? Certainly not to me.

Wrong focus points for the situation, results in my being less than impressed.

Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Feel-Good Home The Pros and Cons of Making Your Bed Every Day
Houzz readers around the world share their preferences, while sleep and housekeeping experts weigh in with advice
Full Story
Contractor Tips Building Permits: 10 Critical Code Requirements for Every Project
In Part 3 of our series examining the building permit process, we highlight 10 code requirements you should never ignore
Full Story
Life The Polite House: How Can I Kindly Get Party Guests to Use Coasters?
Here’s how to handle the age-old entertaining conundrum to protect your furniture — and friendships
Full Story