I'm completely inexperienced and broke, so when I needed to get a dryer, I did everything myself. Obvious problems aside, I didn't turn off the breaker or take really any safety precautions when I plugged my 3 prong cable into the wall. It wasn't installed (free standing) and the end that you attach to the dryer sparked. The pieces didn't weld together, but some damage was done. One of the corners is discolored black, and the small wires are melted together partially.
Is the whole thing ruined or can I fix it?