Five more days until Trump approves his healthcare plan

deegw

Has anyone seen any updates? /s

-------------------------------------------

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/hospital-management-administration/trump-says-he-ll-sign-healthcare-plan-in-coming-weeks.html

President Donald Trump said he plans to approve a healthcare plan "within two weeks," in an interview that aired July 19 on "Fox News Sunday."

"We're signing a healthcare plan within two weeks, a full and complete healthcare plan," President Trump said. "We're going to sign an immigration plan, a healthcare plan, and various other plans. Nobody will have done what I'm doing in the next four weeks."

SaveComment80Like1
Comments (80)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ohiomom

Bwahahahahahhahaha ... you got jokes.

3 Likes Save    
sheesh(5b)

"...Nobody will have done what I'm doing in the next four weeks." Trump

That scares the daylights out of me.

13 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Of course, we can be sure that Trump didn't contribute much to any of those plans, much less draft them himself. Doubt if he has even read the drafts drawn up by the RNC--and his signature will probably be auto-signed.

These written out plans are just a tactic the Trumplicans are using to have an excuse to not have to debate Biden. Good excuse along with the pandemic. Playing clown at a rally is different than seriously debating on a public stage. Trump just looks foolish in that latter setting--he is just too inarticulate and incoherent! But his "plans" (written by staff) won't be.

Kate

7 Likes Save    
maifleur03

The plans are probably only for the convention and nothing more than that. Release now to gin up his base knowing that they mean absolutely nothing if not presented to Congress.

6 Likes Save    
Kitchenwitch111

There are no plans coming from Trump. He was just “teasing” for upcoming episodes of the Trump show. Fake as always.

10 Likes Save    
Toby

Does he mean the prescription drug plan memo that he signed? That's about all the GOP is willing to improve so it may be their idea of a "healthcare plan". But the drug companies are pushing back and cancelled their meeting with Trump.

2 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Two weeks from everything in Donnie land.. going on 4 years.

9 Likes Save    
bfox254

They'll eventually unveil some beautiful pie in the sky healthcare plan to replace Obamacare that will provide better, cheaper coverage for all, knowing that it will never materialize. If it didn't happen in his first 4 years, why would it happen in a second term? It will just be some talking point used at the convention and in the debates. It's been a long time since he's mentioned getting rid of Obamacare.

3 Likes Save    
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,others)(8a)

I came here to say what sheesh did.

“Nobody will have done what I'm doing in the next four weeks” sounds ominous, bigly. Especially given the manner of the federal involvement in the events in Portland.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

Four years and now all of a sudden he has a plan? More EO’s that will go nowhere? The GOP has never had a plan except to eradicate Obamacare. Who does Trump think he is fooling? Certainly not rational thinking Americans.

6 Likes Save    
HU-274840647

Just for balance remember that Biden said that he would veto any Medicare for all plans should he become president. In spite of the havoc caused by Covid-19 we are still lurching towards a system that favors corporations over people whether it’s Biden or Trump.

2 Likes Save    
blfenton

"The decision by the Supreme Court on DACA allows me to do things on immigration, on health care, on other things that we've never done before," President Trump said. "You're going to find it to be a very exciting two weeks

from the OP link. Can he sign a full and complete healthcare plan into existence with an EO?

I googled trumps new and complete healthcare plan and guess what? Nothing came up.

1 Like Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

“Nobody will have done what I'm doing in the next four weeks”

The same could be said for his last 4 months, nobody is that stupid.

Trumpcare - Take 2 aspirin and call me during the mourning..... Survival of the fittest is all the gop has to offer.

7 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Perhaps an idea of what TrumpCare holds in store- this topic seems to have triggered someone and has disappeared. 😂😂

Trump’s New Favorite COVID Doctor Believes in Alien DNA, Demon Sperm, and Hydroxychloroquine

The president is pushing the coronavirus theories of a Houston doctor who also says sexual visitations by demons and alien DNA are at the root of Americans’ common health concerns.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella-immanuel-trumps-new-covid-doctor-believes-in-alien-dna-demon-sperm-and-hydroxychloroquine

1 Like Save    
ohiomom

"nobody is that stupid"

Trump's new favorite covid doctor believes in alien dna, demon sperm and hydroxychloroquine.

......now what was that you said vgkg?

Bwahahahahahahhahahaha

5 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Donnie actually retweeted this insane garbage.. and someone had the sense to delete it for him.

Can't scrub it from the archive though.

http://www.trumptwitterarchive.com/archive

2 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

^^^ She tops donald's old favorite doc...

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

She is licensed to practice medicine in Texas.

1 Like Save    
deegw

Tomorrow is the day that Trump said he would reveal his healthcare plan. Has anyone seen any info about the news conference?

1 Like Save    
Nana H

He is golfing today and tomorrow...so maybe Monday?

1 Like Save    
sheesh(5b)

Te he

Save    
ohiomom

Someone will be along shortly to tell us what he really meant.

Wait for it ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................any minute now.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

5 Likes Save    
Kathy

Trump must have the record for cutting revenue while spending money on tax cuts for the rich.

3 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Two weeks from July 19 is tomorrow, August 2nd for that new healthcare plan. Since it’s a Sunday I’ll give him til Monday at 5. I’m assuming “Dr. Stella” will be heading up the new healthcare plan.

3 Likes Save    
bfox254

He'll sign some meaningless executive order and consider health care solved.

3 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Is the case still ongoing where they are actively trying to get the courts to throw out the ACA in its entirety?

Save    
Nana H

Oral arguments aren't going to be heard until after the election but Trump is still going forward with it. Biden should be making more of this. The decimation of the ACA with NO plan to replace....not even a plan to have a plan. Healthcare along with Covid should be front and center.

2 Likes Save    
Kitchenwitch111

Trump will probably say we will have to wait until the next season of the Trump Show for that beautiful better health care, but I’m hearing from many people that season 2 is going to be cancelled.

11 Likes Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

It's not just that those 'Dr.s' are quacks, but they've been funded by dark money PACs.

And ya think maybe we'll get a two-fer with Infrastructure Week...?

2 Likes Save    
bob_cville

I'm surprised he constructed this sentence using the future perfect tense, because I believe he is too dimwitted to know or understand it. If he phrased the sentence using the following more common parlance he would have been telling the truth:

“Nobody could do what I'm going to do in the next four weeks”

because he will have done none of what he promised he'd do, and doing nothing is something that could be accomplished by an empty chair.

It must have been caused by his reflexive need to lie even when the truth would serve him better that caused him to choose the more stilted future perfect tense constriction.

2 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

The trump/gop plan will be what it has always been - SOTF.

2 Likes Save    
kadefol

1 Like Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

Excellent Bob! He really is an empty chair.

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

9 Likes Save    
ohiomom

Well the weekend is over and I wait with bated breath for the new and improved health plan. On second thought, skip the bated breath part.

(^_^)

1 Like Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Trump had already stated that "Who knew heathcare could be so complicated", I guess he forgot. The least complicated part for trump is stringing along his supporters for 4 years with his imaginary plan, but it seems to work.

3 Likes Save    
ohiomom

Tweeter will stand in front of the cameras this week and tell the fan club that he overhauled the healthcare system and it is so much better now, it has never been bigger or better, no president has ever done what he has done.

And the bobbleheads will bobble at the lie.

Go ask Alice ....

2 Likes Save    
sheesh(5b)

.....I think she'll know, when logic and proportion......

And they bobble.

Save    
Uptown Gal

Just as soon as Mexico builds and pays for that wall, he will stand on it and

announce the Health Plan to beat President Obama's. Wow..time goes fast

when you are doing nothing, doesn't it?

Save    
Joaniepoanie

I gave him til 5 today since yesterday (the two week mark) was Sunday and he was golfing. He’s got a few hours. Will a healthcare plan be his “August surprise?” About as likely as alien DNA and demon sperm curing Covid.

Save    
Nana H

I wonder what goes through the minds of the Trump supporters when they hear him say on Fox that In two weeks he will be unveiling a new healthcare plan. Do they believe him, dismiss it as Trump being Trump....what is their expectations of their President? When he says he is going to do something do they believe it or just shrug it off? He said definitely and clearly there would be a healthcare plan and a Covid stratgey...doesn't that matter.

1 Like Save    
paprikash

Why not give him an extension at least until Bidense names his commanding VP. No matter what Trump proposes, the haters are going to hate it anyway.

Save    
Nana H

Glad to give him an extension...do you honestly believe he is going to propose anything?

2 Likes Save    
deegw

paprikash

Why not give him an extension at least until Biden names his commanding VP. No matter what Trump proposes, the haters are going to hate it anyway.

----

Trump promised a healthcare plan BEFORE the election. He had control of the executive branch, Senate and House for months. He has been in office 1,086 days.

Sure, let's wait until Biden announces a VP. Cause those two things are completely related. /s

13 Likes Save    
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,others)(8a)

Why in the world would the sitting President’s plans for the nation be dependent on a political adversary’s choice of running mate?

Especially when that sitting President is requesting the honour and responsibility of another term in office?!

2 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Give him an extension? He’s had nearly four years and Repubs have had ten years! We all know they have nothing. So, what about Nana’s question? What do trumpers say to themselves when he makes promises and statements and we never hear another word about it?

Hysterical when you take stabs at Joe’s mental health—-your guy brought out a dr who believes in alien DNA and demon sperm and, having no symptoms of Covid, took hydroxychloroquine for two weeks. Not to mention his rambling incoherent speeches or pressers.

5 Likes Save    
Toby

The Trumpers who hate Obamacare say they're paying higher premiums. Doesn't it really irk them that Trump has let them pay those premiums for going on four years and has done nothing about it?

I guess his time is better used defending Confederate statues and getting rid of Tik Tok for embarrassing him in Tulsa. Priorities....

4 Likes Save    
HamiltonGardener

No healthcare plan details yet?

Save    
bleusblue2

Nana H

I wonder what goes through the minds of the Trump supporters when they hear him say on Fox that In two weeks he will be unveiling a new healthcare plan. Do they believe him, dismiss it as Trump being Trump....what is their expectations of their President? When he says he is going to do something do they believe it or just shrug it off? He said definitely and clearly there would be a healthcare plan and a Covid stratgey...doesn't that matter.

~~~~

Did any bell ring when he said he'd have a NATIONAL STRATEGY for Covid19 in two weeks (meaning yesterday)? What kind of presidential leadership is that? No National Strategy six months after the first shutdown? What has he been waiting for? Trump fans -- your idol is a liar.

1 Like Save    
Iris GW

The Trumpers who hate Obamacare say they're paying higher premiums. Doesn't it really irk them that Trump has let them pay those premiums for going on four years and has done nothing about it?

Yep. He doesn't really care.

Save    
jmm1837

I must admit to being utterly baffled. The country's in a Covid diaster and Trump is only now working on announcing a national strategy, but somehow that isn't ringing alarm bells? I guess Americans have very low expectations of their politicians.

1 Like Save    
Nana H

jmm...he is working on it, it's only been 6 months. Don't be so hard on him. Maybe before there are 200,000 dead?

ETA I'm still of the opinion that he will fire Pence for his incompetence relative to Covid, blame the whole thing on him and pick a new VP. Maybe Tucker or Hannity, they have been auditioning long and hard enough.

2 Likes Save    
Iris GW

#trumphasnoplan

2 Likes Save    
sheesh(5b)

Not all Americans, jmm. Most of us are furious!

4 Likes Save    
terezosa / terriks

I guess Americans have very low expectations of their politicians.

We have very low expectations of Trump.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

"We have very low expectations of Trump."

Learned. He broke the promises that relied on hard work.

1 Like Save    
dirtygert(5-NY)

You're going to have to hang on a little longer, deegw.

Just now: "We're going to be introducing a tremendous healthcare plan, hopefully, sometime prior to the end of the month. It's just about completed now."

Just for giggles, I'd like to see what they've got down right this minute. Wouldn't you?

5 Likes Save    
bfox254

He's now promising a healthcare plan by the end of August. Guess he was told it's a little too complicated to pull together in two weeks.

You know what will happen. They will slop together some plan that sounds too good to be true- and it will be. It will have no chance of passage through congress, even by republicans, but it will give him something to lie about as we get closer to the election.

1 Like Save    
Iris GW

^^ while we still remember that he's really only doing this because he's up for re-election. Same promise as last time.

2 Likes Save    
Ann

"Just now: "We're going to be introducing a tremendous healthcare plan, hopefully, sometime prior to the end of the month. It's just about completed now."

Yes, I heard that and he said an immigration plan in September. I recently read he met with Cipollone and John Yoo last Thursday. Since John Yoo was involved, I'm guessing these two things might have been the Thursday topic.

"Their meeting comes after Yoo wrote a piece for National Review in June asserting that the Supreme Court ruling that blocked Trump’s plans to end the Obama administration's Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program (DACA) could help the president institute future policies without congressional approval.

In the piece, Yoo said Chief Justice John Roberts’s ruling “makes it easy for presidents to violate the law, but reversing such violations difficult,” adding that the Administrative Procedure Act would need to be used to undo presidential actions.

Yoo told the Review-Journal that he spoke to Trump over the phone about his article and commented that the president “was really on top of things.”

During his “Fox News Sunday” interview last month, Trump said he intended to write his own immigration and health care plans in the next few weeks because of the Supreme Court ruling."

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/510202-trump-new-legal-guru-meet-at-white-house-report

1 Like Save    
deegw

It's progress that his healthcare plan promise has been acknowledged instead of the usual gaslighting.

2 Likes Save    
sheesh(5b)

Yes but what about the health care plan he was going to reveal today?

1 Like Save    
Joaniepoanie

Seriously—-do trumpers not see through this bull and desperate grasping at straws? All of a sudden he’s talking health and immigration plans right before the election? What’s their excuse for him barely mentioning these in nearly four years—-save his immigration “plan” of ripping children from their parents most never to be reunited.

1 Like Save    
Ann

Bfox, I think he's just looking into EOs. He and everyone know a healthcare or immigration bill would never pass through Congress. I think this is all about the Roberts' ruling on DACA, and DACA in general certainly added a new twist to governing and to that governance sticking. Exactly the points Yoo made in National Review.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/06/how-the-supreme-courts-daca-decision-harms-the-constitution-the-presidency-congress-and-the-country/

Save    
socks(10a)

As for immigration, apparently the Netflix series Immigration Nation out today is more damning than the books published about trump.

1 Like Save    
Ann

JP, the answer to your question is the recent Roberts' decision. We didn't have that SCOTUS precedent until now. But, we do now which is exactly the point of Yoo and, I suspect, the topic of the last Thursday meeting. Prior to that decision, Trump was under the impression he needed Congress. Obama and Roberts have demonstrated he doesn't.

Save    
Iris GW

He probably is thinking that if he's going to lose then he might as take some other folks down with him (DACA folks, people who need affordable healthcare, you know ... ordinary folks).

2 Likes Save    
bfox254

He will say and do anything between now and the election to win. I expect we'll see a lot of toothless executive orders.

3 Likes Save    
deegw

Don't forget, Trump and his party had full control of the house and senate for the first TWO YEARS of his presidency.

5 Likes Save    
Toby

I would love to see Trump try to end DACA with an EO "violation". 74% of all Americans support giving legal status to DACA recipients. 54% of Republicans support it. 88% of Hispanics support it, including 86% of U.S. born Hispanics. (Pew Research Center, 6/17/20)

This type of heartless political move that tears apart families is similar to what he did when he separated immigrant and asylum-seeking families. It's one of the reasons that suburban women voters gave the House to the Dems in 2018.

1 Like Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

Just for giggles, I'd like to see what they've got down right this minute. Wouldn't you?

Probably a title and a tag line, with four typos. :)

4 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Not only sudden talk on health and immigration, lies and yammering on about mail in ballots (even though that’s how his family votes), tweeting about how big his crowds were in Tampa last week when there were probably 100 people there. Still talking about hydroxychloroquine. He’s throwing out everything he possibly can—desperate and pathetic and embarrassing. Do trumpers really believe all his nonsense?

2 Likes Save    
Nana H

They don' t believe it but it doesn't matter to them. They don't give a fig about healthcare beyond what they have. They are 100% bought into him and his values...he is who they are, they are who he is. It's that simple.

1 Like Save    
Joaniepoanie

But he doesn’t have any values.....oh wait.

2 Likes Save    
Ann

Toby, I've no clue what Trump's EO on immigration will look like but I think you might be on the wrong track with DACA. I think Trump has long wanted to give the DACA group amnesty and marry that with merit based legal immigration. Very much like his proposal years ago. Of course, the Dems didn't agree to that sensible plan.

Save    
Iris GW

Of course, the Dems didn't agree to that sensible plan.

I won't bother researching because it won't change your mind no matter what I say but there was no doubt some poison pill in it that Dems found impossible to swallow. So your phrase 'sensible plan' is a subjective one.

Save    
Toby

As I'm sure Ann is aware, the "sensible plan" involved using the DACA recipients as a bargaining chip for money for the wall. Dems had made it clear from the beginning that they would not approve money for the stupid wall. Didn't Trump even agree to a clean DACA bill with Chuck and Nancy that December?

1 Like Save    
barncatz

"Torture Memo" Guy's (Yoo) brilliant legal analysis strikes again.

Save    
Kathy

Trump said he was for DACA but after Stephen Miller talked him out of it he reneged on his agreement with Pelosi & Schumer.

Save    
bfox254

If Trump truly wants to give the DACA group amnesty then he should just stop fighting Obama's executive order in the courts. Problem solved.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Laundry Rooms 7-Day Plan: Get a Spotless, Beautifully Organized Laundry Room
Get your laundry area in shape to make washday more pleasant and convenient
Full Story
Organizing 7-Day Plan: Get a Spotless, Beautifully Organized Home Office
Start your workday with a smile in a home office that’s neat, clean and special to you
Full Story
Housekeeping 7-Day Plan: Get a Spotless, Beautifully Organized Living Room
A task a day sends messes away. Take a week to get your living room in shape
Full Story