SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dianambates77

Does a quality mid-range wood window exist, or am I chasing a unicorn?

Diana
3 years ago

The windows in my house need replacement, and I'm looking for a quality mid-range wood window, preferably aluminum clad, do you have any suggestions? I've received quotes from Pella and Andersen (400 series), but they were significantly above my price range. I also have a quote from Sierra Pacific, but was surprised by how reasonable the quote was, and I'm wondering if these will be good quality. I spoke to a local window manufacturer who makes wood windows (at a similar price to Sierra Pacific) and he suggested that I "upgrade" to vinyl. I was told by several folks that Jeld Wen should be avoided so I haven't gotten a quote on that. I just can't seem to find any wood window products that are mid-range, does this even exist? Perhaps I should be looking at vinyl windows instead given my budget? I would much prefer the look of wood for my traditional home, but I also want a quality product. I would welcome any thoughts or advice, especially any feedback about Sierra Pacific. Thank you in advance.

Comment (1)