SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
ann_weitzel

Problems with ZLine range

Ann Weitzel
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We have a new ZLine 30" dual fuel range. It was installed late April 2020. The oven has not worked satisfactorily from the start. Customer service at ZLine suggested that I preheat the oven on the HIGH BAKE setting and then turn it down to LOW BAKE when I put the item in to bake. This did provide some resolution for a time, but it now seems to be back to the inaccuracy in temp we experienced at the beginning. It also is not an even bake - from front to back or side to side. The other concern is that even if their suggestion proves to be the "solution" ( turning it down to LOW BAKE when loading the oven ), that is not acceptable to me. I do alot of baking with my grandkids and often times it gets very busy here and we have forgotten to turn in down. I am so disappointed in ZLine at this point. In reading many other comments here on the houzz website, I am really concerned about what might be ahead with this product. We deliberately purchase ZLine because they are a small American manufacturer. Wondering if others have any thoughts on this or experiences with ZLine

Comments (253)

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    2 months ago

Hello @Paul Wolochow,

Thank you for reaching out to us and apologize for your experience. We have since reached out to a customer service supervisor who is looking into your case and will be reaching out to you. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• Tariq Salaita
    2 months ago

Zline ranges are a disaster, while they look good and are priced well, they are not good ranges. i just bought the RA36 dual range and there is super loud convection fan running when you turn on the stove regardless of what cycle you are using. I tried email Zline kitchen - no response yet. Going to dispute charge with my credit card directly for this defective product. Customer service is non existent.

• Related Discussions

Z-Line range hood

Q

Comments (18)
    Well, I received my Z-Line hood yesterday. Very impressed! It was packaged extremely well, strapped and shrikwrapped to a pallet, so absolutely no damage. I haven't installed it yet, but I did unpack and plug it in- Notes: - it comes with a metal transition piece from the hood to 8" round ducting (I'd read before that they were made out of plastic) - it comes with metal flex ducting to connect to the final run outside (Nice- I figured I'd have to purchase separately) - It runs pretty darn silently and strongly. On low- it's a whisper yet airflow enough to blow your hair back :). On high, it just sounds like a lot more air, no vibration or motor noise. - Very nice fit and finish. Seamless - Great size! 42W x 27 deep- will be great for my 36" high output range. - Less than a thousand bucks. I'm happy!
    ...See More

Thinking of buying Zline range and hood

Q

Comments (19)
    My wife and I completely remodeled our house last year during the pandemic. Our kitchen was the final piece to the puzzle. We did a ton of research on different appliances and the features offered. We were shocked at how pricey some of the kitchen appliances were so my friend told us to check out zline. Despite some of the mixed reviews we decided to give them a chance and we honestly love our kitchen appliances. Our range hood with Bluetooth speakers is the center piece our kitchen now. Our gas range also works very well. We have had no issues with our appliances and would recommend the company.
    ...See More

Mixing Metals in Kitchen - Zline Gas Range Gold vs. Champagne Bronze

Q

Comments (1)
    Hello, Mixing the champagne bronze accents with the gold accents is not very common. If your daughter would like, she could message us with her contact information and we will have a sales rep from one of our trusted retailers reach out to her and help her find exactly what she is looking for!
    ...See More

Zline 48 inch range not heating properly

Q

Comments (1)
    Hello Bernadette Giancarlo, We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and experience you have had with your ZLINE range. We would love to assist you and help resolve this issue as soon as possible. Please message us at contact@zlinekitchen.com to best reach our customer service team. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    ...See More
  • PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    2 months ago

Hello @MaryAnne,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we apologize for the inconvenience. Customer service and satisfaction are always one of our top priorities so we would love to help in any way that we can. Please message us at contact@zlinekitchen.com with your contact information so that we can further assist you! If you would rather message us on Facebook or Instagram, feel free to do so (@zlinekitchen). We look forward to hearing from you, thank you.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    2 months ago

Hello @Tariq Salaita,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we apologize for the inconvenience. With the RA model that you purchased, the fan will be constantly turning regardless of which mode you are on. The way that the convection fan works is that it helps circulate the heat for a more consistent cooking experience, and as well as it helps cut down cooking time. Please keep this in mind when you are using these modes so as to not overcook your food. Essentially the RA will have two fans; a cooling, and a convection fan, which is why there will be noise throughout the cooking process.

If you have already emailed contact@zlinekitchen.com, please send us your case number so we can be sure to look into the situation right away to get you a quick response. We look forward to hearing from you, thank you.

• HU-564571043
    last month

I too purchased a zline range, so VERY disappointed with the product as well as customer service. It was determined that my range needed to be replaced because of too many issues. So I paid over $1200 to uninstall and reinstall the Zline range only to find it has the SAME issues. I can't bake, as everything burns, I can't even make rice because the burner flames don't go low enough, the heat in the kitchen from the oven is beyond normal! DO NOT PURCHASE A ZLINE RANGE, PUT THE EXTRA MONEY INTO A BETTER PRODUCT. I AGREE, ZLINE DOESN'T CARE, IT TAKES DAYS TO GET A RESPONSE!

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    last month

Hello @HU-564571043,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we apologize for the inconvenience. Please message us at contact@zlinekitchen.com with your contact information so that we can further assist you! If you would rather message us on Facebook or Instagram, feel free to do so (@zlinekitchen). We would be more than happy to get you connected with a customer service representative.

• Kevin Gil
    last month

We have a problem with our convection oven. It has started making noise when the fan comes on. I assumed it was because the fan had grease on it so I removed the 4 screws that holds the plate over the fan, inspected the fan then removed the nut that holds the fan on and soaked the fan in de-greaser and replaced then ran the cleaning cycle. This did not fix the issue. I assume the motor is faulty. I sent them a message and they promptly told me I had voided the warranty and offered no other suggestions. We have a zline hood, double oven and drawer microwave....we had an issue with the light on the fan....they sent us a new module which we had to install with a screwdriver and make electrical connections. Somehow this is ok and removing 4 screws and a nut to try to fix an issue voids the warrantee. I asked them if it voided the warranty on the entire oven but I have not received a reply. Could there be an issue with the motor that possibly many people are having hence the "quick to void the warranty"?

if I did not touch the oven and contacted support and explained the issue would they have sent out someone to diagnose the issue? Think not.....I assume they would have sent me a new $5 fan for me to replace FIRST before going into possibly replacing the motor, which I told them sounded like it had a bad bearing....Heck, I am a pretty handy guy. I would have even taken out the stove and replaced the motor myself. Must say..the person that answered my customer service question must not be aware of how powerful reviews are......not sure management would make a bad call like this for something that could have been easily addressed.

BTW...in the manual you have to use a screwdriver to replace a light in the oven if it blows.....CAUTION....this might void the warranty.

Somebody had better make this right and quickly.

• Anne K
    last month
    last modified: last month

Our Z-Line oven door doesn't close properly. This is the third one they have given us. To their credit, they have replaced each one. The last one they just gave us. I think the problem is that the oven door seal is defective. I think that their supplier has provided them with a seal that gets very hard when it gets hot, primarily at the bottom. This results in the door not closing properly and therefore the oven not heating quickly (not quickly at all). I am going to buy a universal oven door seal and see if this makes things better. I will let you know!

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/kw-DtvRE5u8

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    last month

Hello Kevin Gil,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we are so sorry about this negative experience. Please contact us at contact@zlinekitchen.com and we would be more than happy to help resolve this issue. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you

• Merrie Darrah
    last month

I purchased a zline 36” dual fuel range less than a year ago. From day 1 I had problems. The zline emblem fell off the front of the range-they replaced it. The oven was slow to heat up and the burners ran hot. The oven cooks unevenly. I just kept using it even after some things burned while others came out half baked. I wanted to be positive about this range that I saved for (it cost $4000) & that wanted so badly BUT NOW THE OVEN WONT EVEN HEAT UP OVER 150 degrees. It’s only a few weeks until Thanksgiving! Now what?? I’m not a “fix it” person. Help!

• Kevin Gil
    last month
    last modified: last month

So zline called me and again customer service was a let down. We purchased over $6,000 worth of zline appliances for our new house. The convection fan as in prior post was making noise....I removed the 4 screws that hold a plate over the fan. I removed the fan and soaked it to remove any grease that might have caused the fan to be unbalanced. When that did not work (still made the noise) I contacted them. They said I voided the warranty by removing the screws. If I were zline I would have sent a new fan (a $12 part) and if that did not fix the issue I would have sent a service person with a fan motor. The lady I spoke to insisted they would have sent someone first. Makes no sense....the service person would not have had the fan and had to order one....then they would need to come back and install.....then there would still be a chance it was the motor....rinse and repeat. I took out the fan again and noticed it was slightly bent....so I ordered one from repair clinic https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Fan-Blade/W10758272/3553783....I think this will fix the issue and if not the motor is $74....they would have spent 4 times that to send a service person out. This is why business fail....poor customer service and bad reviews....BTW we had a double oven before in our old house with double convection that was far better....the controls and timer feature on the zline is quirky. I will never purchase another zline product....we love to cook and the BlueStar we had before was far superior. We should have stuck with a known commodity.

Buy BlueStar. The hood is better, the stovetop is better and you can reconfigure the burners position and the burners have more even flame, The ovens are TOP NOTCH....not sure if they have a microwave drawer but Zlines is just a rebrand of the last one we had (I think Panasonic)...

Zline.... penny wise and dollar foolish.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    last month

Hello @Merrie Darrah,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we apologize for the inconvenience. Please message us at contact@zlinekitchen.com with your contact information so that we can further assist you! If you would rather message us on Facebook or Instagram, feel free to do so (@zlinekitchen). We would be more than happy to get you connected with a customer service representative.

Thank you.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    last month

Hello @Anne K,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we sincerely apologize for your experience. Please message us at contact@zlinekitchen.com with your contact information so that we can further assist you! Or if you would rather message us on Facebook or Instagram, feel free to do so (@zlinekitchen). We would be more than happy to get you connected with a customer service representative to resolve this issue!

Thank you.

• Merrie Darrah
    last month

I’ve contacted Zline by email and by phone…no answer on phone and just an email that says they’ll contact me soon. Well it’s been 3 days and nothing. I’ve sent pictures and all the information that they’ve requested. Crickets! Has anyone been in touch with a lawyer? Or the Better Business Bureau?

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    last month

Hello Merrie Darrah,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. We are experiencing higher than normal call volumes. However our customer service team is working diligently to get to each and every case. At this time, we have passed your information along to a customer service representative who will be reaching out to you soon.

Thank you!

• Shalon Smith
    29 days ago

Did you ever get your oven fixed? Same issues oven only 3 yrs old starting having issues at the 1 yr old mark we have been sent parts twice.

• Shalon Smith
    29 days ago

A lot of us on this thread have the same issues I am surprised we don’t have a class action it seems there is definitely a design flaw.

• Anne K
    29 days ago

No. They gave me two new ones and finally gave me my money back when the third one had the same problem.

• Merrie Darrah
    29 days ago

I heard from Zline and they are replacing my range. Fingers crossed that this one works. But I agree- why do so many have the same problem with our ranges? Hope they have resolved the issue with the new one. I’m curious…when Zline gave your money back what kind of range did you get?

• HU-164725303
    27 days ago

My Zline gas range has been a problem for me from the very beginning and started with the cooling fan. There is nothing more annoying than a fan that whistles. I will NEVER buy another Zline product. Now my Zline range hood vent is spitting back grease onto the kitchen walls. Filters were replaced but that did not solve the problem. The whole system, range and range hood, is substandard compared to other convection ovens and range hoods priced at what I paid. Performance and quality are above par but sadly the units create problems that the "problem-solving" section of the manuals don't address. Will not recommend Zline brand.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    26 days ago

Hello HU-164725303,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we are so sorry to hear about this negative experience. Please contact us at contact@zlinekitchen.com and we would be more than happy to help resolve this issue. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you

• uncleshim
    21 days ago

Hello all Fellow in Disgust with Zline Products.. We were sent another Range by Fedex only to inspect it to find a Forklift through the back of it... Return to sender. Contact Zline about issue.. Wait for another Range to be sent to replace original. Finally comes from Fedex.. Told the same driver he may have to pick up 2 as they probably have the same issue.. lol We boxed up the old one as Zline told us to return, still waiting on return shipping label. Had new stove installed. Guess What? Same stuff.. We have to Turn on the Oven to have the Burners Ignite on the Stove Top. The Oven still takes 22+ min to heat up, Fans are rattling. The side trim panels have not fallen off at least. I don't understand how this company is staying in business with even return Shipping and Refunds from all of us. If this even goes to a Class Action Suit. I bet they will bail with bankruptcy, and we will still have our Beautiful $3k+ Hunk-a Stainless Failures. On a Happy Note.. I Wish You All A Happy and Safe Holiday.

• Shalon Smith
    21 days ago

Zline keeps sending me the same parts!! So now I have to pay someone to put this crap in only for it not to work! The customer service rep did not want to send me a new oven just kept saying it’s a curtesy to get free parts. It’s definitely a class action issue!

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    19 days ago

Hello uncleshim,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we sincerely apologize for your experience. Please message us at contact@zlinekitchen.com with your contact information so that we can further assist you and help resolve any issues you may be experiencing. We would be more than happy to get you connected with a customer service representative.

Thank you for your cooperation.

• Kevin Gil
    19 days ago

Copy....Paste....NEXT!

• Merrie Darrah
    18 days ago

Still waiting on Zline to call me or email me…I’d take a carrier pigeon at this point!! As with others in this conversation my Zline never worked adequately but finally quit working completely in October…sent pics to Zline at their request only to find out it was not repairable!! Ok Zline it’s been over 3 weeks…you have yet to follow up with the information I need to get this returned & refunded to where I purchased it (NO WAY DO I WANT ANOTHER ZLINE) Where is everyone at Zline?? They say they respond in 24hours…I’ve been sending emails for 5 days…NOTHING.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    18 days ago

Hello @Merrie Darrah,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we sincerely apologize for your experience. We are currently having a customer service representative look into your case.

Thank you.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    18 days ago

Hello @Shalon Smith,

Thank you for reaching out and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We are experiencing higher-than-normal call volumes. However, our customer service team is working diligently to get to each and every case. At this time, we have passed your information along to a customer service representative who will be reaching out to you soon.

Thank you for your patience!

• Bernadette Giancarlo
    18 days ago

I thought I had lost my baking skills and couldn't figure out how my ovens worked for months now. Finally, my husband picked up an oven thermometer and sure enough, my oven only gets to 270 when it is set for 350. Definitely explains why I ruined 5 cakes trying to bake my son's wedding cake. My smaller oven is less off than my large oven. My hood had lighting issues and they sent out a new part immediately for that. I didn't see any bad reviews for the products before I purchased them. But it seems to be more common the more popular they become.

• jack Mathis
    17 days ago

Hi Bernadette, Bake? oh my you are brave! When you can actually turn it on, get the door to shut and no flames in the back from the poor heating element harness design, you might be able to heat a frozen pizza. But even then you'd have to watch carefully as the hot spots will burn the crap out of one side. I have acutally been able to cook bacon by using the broiler. Pretty excited about that but bake??? I'm afraid that be asking a lot from a zline. I can't use the word oven becasue that would be an indication that you can actually cook in that thing. I guess it could be worse and my fan could be loud an annoying. haven't had that issue yet thank goodness! I understand why no one answers the phone, could you imagine being the customer support personel for a company selling these things?

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    17 days ago

Hello Bernadette Giancarlo,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and experience you have had with your ZLINE range. We would love to assist you and help resolve this issue as soon as possible. Please message us at contact@zlinekitchen.com to best reach our customer service team.

We are looking forward to hearing from you!

• J Burney
    16 days ago

I am also having issues with figuring out how to bake evenly. I purchased a 48" double range and am so frustrated. My oven racks also slide forward. Is anyone else having that issue? They don't lock in place and hit the oven door.

• Ryan Taylor
    16 days ago

Wanted to thank everyone for posting this and sorry for your bad experiences. We were ready to pull the trigger on $14k worth of ZLine products in our kitchen remodel but will be pausing and evaluating other options. Viking tier is out of budget so I guess it's Thor or more research!

• Kevin Gil
    16 days ago

Check out BlueStar

• Shalon Smith
    16 days ago

We should all take to social media FB or Twitter and blast Zline unbelievable everyone has the same issues!

• HU-316138846
    16 days ago

I too fell victim to the ZLINE ovens not working and lack of customer support. New ZLINES just installed last week.

My ovens were installed and the controls did not work, Oven heats up but never registers on control panel, doesn't stop heating up when it hits set temp.

I called ZLINE support that day and I did get someone. I thought great. She told me that before she can open a case I needed to have my electrician come back out and verify it was hooked up correctly. HE came out the next day and verified appropriate hook up. Cost another $240 since the problem wasn't his doing.

I called ZLINE back only to be put on hold for 5 minutes then told to submit an email as no representatives available. I kept trying to call back with same response. I sent the email and was told I would be contacted the next business day. 2 days - no contact. Tried calling Customer Service again, can't reach a human.

Very disappointing right before Thanksgiving dinner party which will now likely be cancelled.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    16 days ago

Hello @J Burney,

Thank you for reaching out to us, and we are so sorry to hear about your experience. We would love to help resolve any issues you're experiencing. If you would like please email contact@zlinekitchen.com for the best assistance. Or if you would like, send us a DM on Facebook or Instagram (@zlinekitchen) with your contact information and order number.

We look forward to hearing from you!

• janice101
    15 days ago

My daughter did a complete kitchen remodel in 2021 and went with a Zline beautiful double oven gas range. She hates it. Oven doesn’t cook properly. The whole high bake then turn to low bake to actually bake is ridiculous. I ordered her oven temperatures gauges and sure enough, had to set the oven temp to 425 to get it to 350. There are hot spots too, left side burns. Such a shame all these problems with this line. Would never recommend to anyone.

• S P
    12 days ago

I, too am having problems with the gas oven (converted to propane) on my new Z-line 36” range. It look almost an hour to bake a cake that should have been done in 28 minutes and again this week, I was baking a pie crust that should have been done in 18 minutes, but took about 40 minutes instead. A SMALL chicken took over 2 hours to bake at 375 degrees. When baking a pizza, the back was burned and the front was not browned at all. I have learned that whatever I’m baking must be pushed all the way to the back of the oven, but that’s not possible when cooking larger items such as large roasts and pizzas. The front of these items extend all the way to the “cool-spot” near the oven door. The broiler burners are set so far back the I can’t even brown toast evenly without pushing it to the far back of the oven. I’m so frustrated! I was absolutely in love with my new range until I started trying to use the oven . The cooktop is wonderful and the range looks amazing, but baking?…forget it! I’m very concerned about trying to bake a brisket for Thanksgiving in a few days.
    I am also very upset about the oven “cooling fan”. What purpose does it serve? It gets unbearably hot in my kitchen and I nearly burn up trying to cook on the cooktop if I am also using the oven.
    Also, I can’t figure out the convection button which just says “fan” under it. Is the convection feature on when the button is depressed or when the button is popped out? Through trial and error, I think convection is activated when the button is depressed, but it shouldn’t be this complicated.
    HELP!!!!

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    11 days ago

Hello @janice101,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we are so sorry to hear about this negative experience. Please contact us at contact@zlinekitchen.com and we would be more than happy to help resolve this issue for your daughter. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    11 days ago

Hello @S P,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we apologize for the inconvenience. Please message us at contact@zlinekitchen.com with your contact information so that we can further assist you. If you would rather message us on Facebook or Instagram, feel free to do so (@zlinekitchen). We would be more than happy to get you connected with a customer service representative.

Thank you.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    11 days ago

Hello @Brian Corcoran,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we sincerely apologize for your experience. Please message us at contact@zlinekitchen.com with your contact information so that we can further assist you and help resolve any issues you may be experiencing. We would be more than happy to get you connected with a customer service representative.

Thank you for your cooperation.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    10 days ago

Hello @HU-316138846,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we sincerely apologize for your experience. Please message us at contact@zlinekitchen.com with your contact information so that we can further assist you. Or if you would rather message us on Facebook or Instagram, feel free to do so (@zlinekitchen). We would be more than happy to get you connected with a customer service representative to resolve this issue!

Thank you.

• S P
    9 days ago

UPDATE FROM EARLIER POST: I was concerned about ruining my very expensive Thanksgiving brisket, so I used an oven thermometer last night to check the oven’s accuracy. It’s a full 50 degrees off. That explains why it took 40 minutes to bake a cake that should have taken about 28 minutes. As far as cool spots and uneven browning…I have no idea how to fix that.
    In order to bake the brisket at 325 degrees, I have the oven set to 375 degrees. In about 8 hours, I guess I’ll know whether or not my adjustments worked.
    Other issues:

1. There is no serial number on the product tag. I can’t find a serial number at all.
    2. The safety certification is from a Canadian organization, which makes me wonder if maybe it was manufactured for the Canadian market. Maybe that’s why there’s no serial number.
    3. I also can’t calibrate the burners because there is no hole in the post and no tiny screwdriver was in the package, so I’m researching other options. I read that the calibration screw is BEHIND the post and I must remove the post and plate in order to access it. I haven’t tried that yet.
    4. There is a calibration option for the ovens on other brands of ranges, so I’m hoping to find out whether or not I can calibrate the oven on my Z-line. That would help a lot.

This is a brand new range, purchased on September 19, 2022. My 20 year old GE range was so reliable…not as beautiful, but dependable. Maybe I should have kept it. UGH!

• Joan Ruff
    8 days ago

Problems . Uneven . Now . . Frustrating !

• J Burney
    8 days ago

@ZLINE Kitchen and Bath I sent an email a week ago and have not heard back

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    5 days ago

Hello @S P,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we apologize for the inconvenience. Please message us on Facebook or Instagram (@zlinekitchen), so we can best assist you with your range. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    5 days ago

Hello @Joan Ruff,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we sincerely apologize for your experience. Please message us at contact@zlinekitchen.com with your contact information so that we can further assist you and help resolve the issues you are experiencing. We would be more than happy to get you connected with a customer service representative.

Thank you.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    5 days ago

Hello @J Burney,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we apologize for the inconvenience. We are currently experiencing higher-than-normal case volumes. However, our customer service team is working diligently to get to each and every case. If you would rather message us on Facebook or Instagram, feel free to do so (@zlinekitchen). We would be more than happy to get you connected with a customer service representative.

Thank you.

• alotnac
    2 hours ago

I had a serious issue with the heating element catching fire and burned out on thanksgiving last week! Range is only a few years old, not happy!