SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ann_weitzel

Problems with ZLine range

Ann Weitzel
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We have a new ZLine 30" dual fuel range. It was installed late April 2020. The oven has not worked satisfactorily from the start. Customer service at ZLine suggested that I preheat the oven on the HIGH BAKE setting and then turn it down to LOW BAKE when I put the item in to bake. This did provide some resolution for a time, but it now seems to be back to the inaccuracy in temp we experienced at the beginning. It also is not an even bake - from front to back or side to side. The other concern is that even if their suggestion proves to be the "solution" ( turning it down to LOW BAKE when loading the oven ), that is not acceptable to me. I do alot of baking with my grandkids and often times it gets very busy here and we have forgotten to turn in down. I am so disappointed in ZLine at this point. In reading many other comments here on the houzz website, I am really concerned about what might be ahead with this product. We deliberately purchase ZLine because they are a small American manufacturer. Wondering if others have any thoughts on this or experiences with ZLine

Comments (452)

• PRO
    Sink connections
    3 months ago

Do any of you have issues with the stainless panel below the doors on the 48” getting insanely hot? If I wipe it with a wet cold rag it dries in seconds.

• f00di8
    3 months ago

It’s been a few years with my Zline dual fuel range, but the problems began right away. I, too, bought it to support a small American company. It’s a beautiful (30”) range, cooks well, but the oven is so off! The company has given me a new porcelain top, 2 new controls (not a thermostat) for the oven, and a new blue preheating light, all in the space of less than 2 years. My frustration level has been at max every time I try to bake…the oven can be up to 100 degrees off. Our appliance guy, who is an expert with Zline and Bertazzoni stoves, has replaced these items, but the oven still is bakes too hot. Zline wouldn’t replace the appliance during the warranty period, but gave us half of our purchase price; wish I had held out for my full money back, so I could buy another range. My Zline rangehood is wonderful, and Zline helped tremendously to help design a solution for our ’strange’ vent design.

What a shame that so many of the exact same problem has been ex by so many people!

Why can’t this be fixed, especially since it’s not even digital!

• Related Discussions

Anyone have a ZLINE range?

Q

Comments (1056)
    purshased entire zline kitchen. hood was damaged on arrival. they replaced it. range went out after 1 year they replaced internals. now at 2 years built in microwave completly went out. but warrenty is only for two years i hope they still honar warrenty considering all the issues i had. fustrating. oven does not heat evenly, burns easy, range flames to high, hood is loud. and now i hear about corbon monixide recall. uhhh.
    ...See More

36" gas range: Zline or Kucht?

Q

Comments (17)
    We bought a 36" gas range from Kucht three years ago and it has needed repair every year since (starting immediately after installation). Kucht used to send a tech to make the repairs, but now asks you to make the repairs yourself with the guidance of their tech via video call if needed. Alternatively, you can wait several weeks for a tech to come to your home. Inconsistent temperature control is always the precursor to a part failure in our case. To be honest, I don't hate making the repairs - it's actually kind of intersting. And the range is still under the full, five-year warranty which was what drew me to Kucht in the first place. But I worry about the cost of maintaining the range after the warranty expires. I think we can assume that we'll continue to have issues and need to be prepared to pay for parts (and maybe labor) for the life of the range. All things considered, I wouldn't buy a Kucht next time around.
    ...See More

ZLine 30" Range Oven Size Question

Q

Comments (3)
    We purchased a 36 inch Zline range and promptly returned it. The cooling fan was so ridiculously loud you couldn’t hold a conversation in the kitchen with the oven on, the fan automatically comes on when the oven is in use, and the heat that comes out at the top of the door is just as ridiculous! The whole front of the range got super hot, the knobs, the door, everything. Hot as in burn yourself hot! We did some more research on gas ranges after we returned the Zline and we now have a 36 inch BlueStar open burner, all gas range and we love it. No cooling fan, the front of the range just gets slightly warm to the touch when the oven is in use and the open burners are fabulous. And yes, the BlueStar will fit a full sheet pan.
    ...See More

ZLine or Thor ranges and cooktops, any good?

Q

Comments (4)
    there is an on going discussion of ZLine now - and it aint good. Not much on Thor. I would see where service is available in your area for any of the units you are looking at. Everything breaks once in a while.and if service is 8 hours away there will be a problem. The Italian ranges seem to be in the same boat as well - be careful.
    ...See More
  • PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    3 months ago

Hello Sink connections, thank you for your inquiry. We sincerely apologize that this issue is occurring. The best way to contact our customer service team would either be to submit a case at zlinekitchen.com/contact or to give us a call at 614-777-5004. Please note, we are experiencing higher than normal call volumes, and submitting a case may be the quickest way to reach out team. Thank you.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    3 months ago
    last modified: 3 months ago

Hello f00di8, we wholeheartedly apologize for your experience with your range and understand the frustration this has caused. Please provide any case numbers you have from email communications with our customer service team. We want to ensure you were provided full assistance and address future inquiries more efficiently. We look forward to hearing from you.

• f00di8
    3 months ago

Case # 00226719 is the latest…replacing this thermostat is the second one…I am so distraught about my beautiful range! and i can”t even celebrate the oven like a Blue Star range or ours of that type…. i have burned cakes, overcooked meats, etc…..i want this to be over and done…i can’t bake my breads because they burn, even in a dutch oven…

WHY can’t this problem be solved….it’s not rocket science! PLEASE help me! Thanks…!

• f00di8
    3 months ago

I just was on the phone with Zline for many minutes, and when i got to position #1 , i was told to email the company….😭

• f00di8
    3 months ago

At this point I thunk a case action suit might be the only solution to this terribly irresponsible handling of hundreds of legitimate complaints, and the failure to resond or provided an effective solution to this gross negligence concerning the accepatance of a product that has been manufactured continuously with the same problem causing the same result!

• Desiree Gil
    3 months ago

They SUCK....Door spring broke on my double over. Sounded like a gun shot. New one is $400...they don't just sell the small part I need. I will not spend $400 to fix this piece of junk. I'd rather put it towards a new oven I can get parts for

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    3 months ago

Hello f00di8, thank you for providing your case number. We have reviewed your case extensively with our customer service team. In May 2022 we provided a partial refund and in August 2023, we provided a thermostat as a one-time customer courtesy as your manufacturer's warranty ended in May 2021. We are more than happy to provide contact information for service providers in your area to assist further. Please let us know if you have any questions.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    3 months ago

Hello Desiree Gil, we sincerely apologize for this occurrence. We were unable to locate any communication to our customer service team with your profile name alone. At your earliest convenience, please submit a contact form for us to provide assistance ordering a door at no cost: https://zlinekitchen.com/contact

• f00di8
    3 months ago

Zline, could you at least please tell me how to calibrate the oven! There is no reference anywhere for this kind of troubleshooting.

The thermostat obviously doesn’t work (it was never replaced, as Zline sent me a function switch RA-047B, which we paid a service call and fee to have it installed). I have another replacement of that part that you sent me, but why spend another couple of hundred dollars to install, which obviously did not solve the problem! So, the refund that we were given is depleting rapidly.

Trying to contact Zline is impossible; I can get through via telephone, placed in a queue for over 10 minutes or longer, but as I get up to number 1 in the queue, I am told to email you! No one is there anymore to answer the phone… I am frustrated because all of the seemingly beneficial solutions have not worked. The cheapest oven I have ever had worked better then this one. Can’t this company find it reasonable to help a customer rectify a problem that is obviously inherent in its product. Even though you refunded half of my purchase price, it still didn’t fix the problem. If I spend another chuck of change, $69.99 to be exact, for the real thermostat, according to the specs, and another $100 service call and more to install the real part that I might need, bingo, I’ve lost more money, added to several years of frustration and disappointment that my remodeled kitchen that I waited so long for has a beautiful range that doesn’t work properly.

Do these customer concerns ever reach the ears of Andrew Zuro?

• Kevin Gil
    3 months ago

Door at no cost? Come on, it's been out of stock forever....and I am out of warranty. Even when it was in warranty you took me out of warranty because I tried to see if the fan was loose. Zline is a horrible company with no service and no parts available unless you deal with Zline....BTW I have never owned an oven where the enamel is flaking off in an areas that gets no wear like Zline....even the cheapest oven we had in our office. A company is only as goos as their service after the sale.

----

Hello Desiree Gil, we sincerely apologize for this occurrence. We were unable to locate any communication to our customer service team with your profile name alone. At your earliest convenience, please submit a contact form for us to provide assistance ordering a door at no cost: https://zlinekitchen.com/contact

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    3 months ago

Hello Kevin Gil, we realize the door is currently out of stock. We have located your previous case in our system and will send an email if you wish to proceed to receive a door once they are back in stock.

• Kevin Gil
    3 months ago

A new door would defiantly temper my criticism...

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    3 months ago

Hello f00di8, we would like to express a sincere apology for waiting on hold for this extended amount of time. We acknowledge that this is not an acceptable standard of service to provide, and are addressing the immediate need to improve this experience for all our customers. Unfortunately, we discovered a technical issue with our phone system that resulted in customers not being able to reach our team despite long hold times. We have connected with our customer service department to follow up via email. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

• f00di8
    3 months ago

Thanks for the feedback, and I sincerely hope this helps others. I know it is not my experience with your customer service department. There has always been a live someone to help me!

PS I found out that I’m getting a gift of a thermostat! Hopefully, this will fix the problem I’ve been agonizing over fir several years; if not, it’s back to the drawing board. But for now, many thanks!

• Laila Keller
    3 months ago

Here is a picture of my beautiful brand new cabinets burned from the Zline oven i just replaced a few months ago. Zline told me i have to go through my insurance to access it before they will do anything. I had completely remodeled my kitchen when i installed the Zline. No ovens where there before it!! BEWARE of the extreme heat.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    3 months ago

Hello Laila Keller, we have notified our customer service department, and are looking into your case now. They will reach out with further updates as soon as possible. Please let us know if you have any questions in the meantime.

• Jean Lang
    3 months ago

My dual fuel 30” range has had issues since the beginning. It was installed in late September, 2021. I was told to preheat in high bake then turn it to low bake. This really didn’t do much, it is still heating uneven and hot. It’s extremely frustrating because I’ve wasted so much time and money on food I had to throw away. Seems my issue is very common and nothing has been done to rectify it.

• f00di8
    3 months ago

Same problem, Jean! awaiting a new thermostat…

Yesterday i preheated the oven to 400 degrees, and slighted backed up the temp to 375, as Ido when cooking at 350 ( works sometimes, not all the time!), but after preheating as directed, the oven thermometer that is hanging in thd middle of the oven read 500 degrees!!!!

The new thermostat that Zlind is giving me is my last outlay of money to my appliance expert; I hope it works or i will havd to pursue my quest for justified satisfaction…

PS As you probably have read, the other actions on which i spent lots of money, did didn’t.

• rkirsch6
    3 months ago

We purchased the Zline all gas range in 2019. There was a recall on this RG30 model due to carbon monoxide leaks in this model. They offered a replacement which we accepted last month. The replacement was not the RG30 but a SGR30. When this range was delivered on Saturday it not only didn't look the same at all but more importantly the dimensions were not the same. Our contractor had measured for this slide-in very carefully to fit the RG30 between our cabinets. The installer for new model clearly could see the new model was too wide. I contacted the company this morning requesting a monetary refund and request for them to pick up the one they just delivered. Customer Service responded that they would not only not pick up the range but would not refund our money even after agreeing that the replacement dimensions were not the same to which that had neglected to tell us when we agreed to accept the replacement. I am astounded at their attiude knowing there is an ongoing lawsuit regarding the carbon monoxide leaks. So I’m stuck with no range, an unusable range sitting in the middle of my kitchen, no refund to purchase a replacement and so much anger that I’m in this position today with this company. Their attitude regarding this whole situation is unbelievable considering they are being sued.

• Jean Lang
    3 months ago

These comments definitely prove that I’m not alone in this. Unbelievable😕

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    3 months ago

Hello Jean Lang, we want to sincerely apologize for this experience. We were unable to locate a case under your profile name alone. Please provide any case numbers you have here or send us a direct message on one of our other social channels so we can assure you are properly assisted.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    3 months ago

Hello rkirsch6, on December 2nd, 2023, we sent an email to you offering the SGR30 and requesting confirmation that it is the unit you would like to receive. We also included a link to the new model which included the dimensions. We received your confirmation by email on December 3rd, 2023. As the manufacturer, we have provided you with the resolution you requested. Since this request has been processed and fulfilled, we will not be able to change your selected option to a return for a refund.

We understand that you may have had different expectations regarding the exchange. Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide any additional resolution or replacement beyond what we have already provided, as we have fulfilled our responsibility as the manufacturer by providing you with a comparable model.

• f00di8
    2 months ago

We received our replacement thermostat and are awaiting our appliance expert to install it. Hopefully, this last effort to fix this range will work. However, as my husband is an auto mechanic, he is curious as to where the thermostat is located in this oven; we cannot find anything on the internet specific to this issue. Where is it, please…

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

Hello f00di8, the thermostat will be located on the top left behind the burner knobs. Please note we highly recommend a certified technician install this part. If your technician has any questions, please let us know.

• f00di8
    2 months ago

Thanks for that information! Yes, we have an appointment scheduled…

• N C
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

I will join all the others saying this is the worst brand ever! We have a 36" dual fuel range and the oven has never been right since we bought it 3 years ago. The convection setting does not heat even remotely close to temp. I can preheat for an hour at 400 and a lasagna will never get fully baked after almost two hours. I have to use the the high heat setting to get anything actually cooked, but the heating is so uneven that I have to constantly turn anything in the oven because anything towards the back burns. Want to bake cookies? Forget it! Cake? No way! Thank God I kept my old 30" GE and installed in the basement after our remodel to use for the Thanksgiving turkey. I'm sure this hunk of overpriced junk would ruin that too.

• Jean Lang
    2 months ago

It’s so disappointing

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    2 months ago

Hello Jean Lang, we want to sincerely apologize for this experience. We were unable to locate a case under your profile name alone. Please provide any case numbers you have here or send us a direct message on one of our other social channels so we can assure you are properly assisted.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    2 months ago

Hello N C, want to assist with these issues, please fill out a contact form here: https://zlinekitchen.com/contact. If you have already done so, please provide your case number for us to ensure you are being provided the best service.

• J Burney
    2 months ago

@Z Line Kitchen and Bath Your customer service was great last year when you replaced my RA48 due to the oven not preheating. The new range has worked very well for a year, but now the oven is not preheating like the last one. I sent an email and the Case Number is 00696326. Can you please have someone reach out to me for resolution?

• J Burney
    last month

@ZLINE Kitchen and Bath please respond to my above case.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    last month

Hello J Burney, thank you for bringing this to our attention and providing your case number. We will have our representatives proceed with assistance.

• William Faucett
    last month

I have a 48 inch dual fuel range. Lower elements in both ranges have gone out. stove is 4.5 years old. I’ve never had an appliance with this poor level of quality. Customer service said it was my problem, not their problem.

• Bonnie Goodyesr
    24 days ago

My Zline 48 inch duel fuel was purchased in the fall of 2021 . I have noticed from the beginning that the oven bakes more in the back than in the front . I thought at first it was something that would work itself out . It now appears to have gotten a lot worst. Can you please advise .

• f00di8
    24 days ago

Can’t believe that Zline is not addressing this OVEN problem!

We finally got Zline to send us s new thermostat….another $100 for a service call from our appliance guru…

Although your problem is different than mine, this might help overall and for others: He explained in detail about this type of basic system ( actually it is outdated by today’s standards for a range of this caliber in my opinion!).

i have to let the oven, preheat on high bake, for 3 cycles (the blue light goes on and off, and you hear a click at the end of each cycle. Then, turn the setting to low bake and time it. I use the lowest amount of time, then watch from there and check….

This has worked for me with the new thermostat.

These ovens cannot be recalibrated via pulling off the knob and turn the screw with a thin screwdriver, like you can adjust the burners…again, this prob should be addressed by Zline, whom I believed to be more responsible than this, and if I had purchased it from Lowes and NOT directly from Zline, I would have been better off , and I would have returned it…

anyway, I can bake for now! And will never be sympathetic towards a small company again to try to help THEM by buying a product ghat had brought me to TEARS several times….

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    21 days ago

Hello William Faucett, as you have purchased an extended warranty through a separate company, your claim for service reimbursement will need to be filled with them. Please let us know if you have any questions.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    21 days ago

Hello Bonnie Goodyesr, thank you for reaching out. We have noted that you have reached out to our customer service department. We will send you an email to proceed with assistance. If your contact information has changed please feel free to give us a call at 1 (614) 777-5004.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    21 days ago

Hello f00di8, thank you for sharing your concerns, we will be sure to share this with our product development team. Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

• William Faucett
    21 days ago

This is Mr. Faucett. My range and extended warranty were both purchased directly from ZLine through your Range Hood Store. i believe you have a financial relat with the warranty company - New Leaf., warranty or not, there is No reason for two oven elements and a control switch to go put at 4 years. obviously inferior products.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    20 days ago

Hello William Faucett, we sincerely apologize for this occurrence and understand the frustration that this causes. Please note as the manufacturer we work closely with retailers, however, we do not sell directly to customers. We recommend reaching out to The Range Hood Store directly as they may be able to better assist your reimbursement inquiry. https://therangehoodstore.com/pages/contact-us

• Anthony Martin
    13 days ago

oven poorly make . bottom grade APPLIANCE. LOOK GOOD ONLY.

• Anthony Martin
    13 days ago

small American manufacturer NOPE CHINESE COMPANY

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    11 days ago

Hello Anthony Martin, we are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction. We were unable to locate a case in our system under your name. If you are in need of assistance please fill out a contact form here: https://zlinekitchen.com/contact or call 1 (614) 777-5004. We look forward to hearing from you.

• f00di8
    8 days ago
    last modified: 8 days ago

Well, out of the blue, my beautiful Zline island range stopped working, which had happened a few years ago, not too long after we got it!

Anyway, I checked all the appropriate toggles and plugs, but nothing would help. So, as I did the previous time, I let it be; sure enough, a few hours later, it worked…BUT it wouldn’t turn off!!! After pressing the buttons in no order numerous times, it did.

Next morning (today), it didn’t work again, until I pressed the buttons randomly, bith for the lights and fan.

Is ’planned obsolescence’ built into these Zline products! So frustrated, AGAIN! I also wonder if this company’s owner knows or cares what has been happening to its countless consumers?

• HU-475075409
    8 days ago

No, but a legal support plan should be purchased with any ZLine product. You may want a good lawyer especially if they poison you and your family with carbon monoxide then refuse to cover any of the bills!

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    8 days ago

Hello f00di8, we will notify our customer service team of this occurrence to provide assistance.

• PRO
    ZLINE Kitchen and Bath
    8 days ago

Hello HU-475075409, we want to assure you we take the safty of our customer's very seriously. If you are in need of assistance, please do not hesistate to reach out to our customer service team here: https://zlinekitchen.com/contact.

• HU-475075409
    8 days ago

ZLine Kitchen and Bath,

If you took your customer's safety seriously, you would not have produced about 30,000 ovens that posed a "Serious Risk of Injury or Death from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning" then failed at repairing some of those (not sure how many "some" is) then did an abyssmal job of notifying your customers. Lord only knows how many people were injured by your horrific actions and inaction. I believe that I was hospitalized twice because of your company!

Then, when I reached out to your insurance company to get reimbursed for my costs. I was forwarded over to individuals who didn't ever get back to me... so now I have a lawyer. I encourage EVERY one of your customers who have been harmed by your acts to do the same. Shame on you. I hope that you sleep well at night knowing how many people you have hurt.