SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mmmunroe

Open concept – updated dining room to old-style living room.

mmmunroe
3 years ago

we are hoping to get some advice on how best to update our living room to be more of a cohesive space with our open floor plan dining room. Both spaces open onto each other with access from the main hallway. We recently updated our dining room to a medium gray with beige velvet parsons dining room chairs and around large dining table. The colour scheme is gray beige and black warmed by a walnut coloured hardwood floor. our living room is our next project and it is currently filled with items that we have had for some time. My hope is to reupholster the two Chippendale loveseats and to change out the area rug to introduce black and gray into the space. We are also thinking about putting panel moulding up but painting it out the same as the wall color. I’m even considering painting the fireplace a darker color, but not sure. We are completely open to any change that helps to bring the two spaces together. We would like to keep the coffee table but maybe changing the loveseats. The cabinets on either side of the fireplace could be painted although my husband doesn’t want to do that. I think there are too many patterns and not enough colou. Any ideas would be appreciated.
below we have included pictures of the dining room as it is now and pictures of the living room. The living room is 13 x 16‘.

Comments (6)