SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
terrekeel

1980's Brick Ranch - Exterior Facelift

Terre JoJo
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I can't believe we are doing it.....but.....we are selling our 2600 sf craftsman and moving around the corner to a 1500 sf 1980's ranch. Hello downsizing! Majority of the budget is consumed by the interior update and back porch addition. Painting the brick is not a option...at least, not now. I have a few ideas for a facelift and would appreciate advise/opinions.

• Remove tiny porch columns and railing. Replace with three cedar (stained) columns.
  • Replace storm door with a cedar (stained) storm door.
  • Definitely remove shutters from window under porch (wrong size)
  • I'm not sure about removing all shutters. I don't think the existing shutters are the correct size. But I am concerned that removing them would make the home too plain.
  • I would like to add cedar window boxes...I think. :)
  • Shingles are dark grey. I really need help with paint colors for trim. I am considering removing the window muntins and painting the window sills black (inside and out) and trimming with a creamy white. Yikes! Make me nervous!! The windows are all wood and in excellent condition.
  • If I keep the shutters, what color? Charcoal, Dark Blue/Navy, Olive Green?
  • Of course, the landscaping will be redone.

I really need some advise on exterior color choices and some of my ideas. I love this little ranch. She is so adorable! My style is mostly transitional - nothing too trendy.

Comment