What happened to the old GardenWeb discussions?

Idietolive

I am so lost. I cannot find the old Small Home discussions from GardenWeb.

SaveComment10Like
Comments (10)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mama goose_gw zn6OH

Idietolive! It's good to see your name pop up. I use this link for Smaller Homes, although I rarely post there anymore. Seems like it changed when Houzz took over. I post sometimes, but read often, in The Kitchen Table forum.

Desertsteph posts on the KT, and maybe a few others, but not many of the old Smaller Homes group. Please come and join us there!

Save     Thanked by Idietolive
RedSun (Zone 6, NJ)

All the GardenWeb stuff is hidden away from the Houzz website. I guess they do not want any of the GW older users to find them....

Good way to kill GW. Why paying $$$ to buy it and hide it? Pretty foolish.

Save     Thanked by Idietolive
OldDutch

Seems to me that houzz is trying to force users to shop rather than just use the forums. Perhaps they thought that an independent Garden Web siphoned off customers. These forums aren't the same any more since the purchase and they don't seem to be getting any more user friendly.

Save    
gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)

Its still HERE...and still getting some recent discussions

Save    
RedSun (Zone 6, NJ)

It is here, but most of the members are long gone. Houzz wanted the GW members to jump on its interior decoration and contractor side. But no ones are interested.

The forum is totally hidden. A lot of the functions are missing, particularly trade list. It has been dying for years.....

I used to discuss garlic with OldDutch, Jack and other folks. Now most are gone now.

Save    
mama goose_gw zn6OH

Richard (Vero Beach, Florida) posted the old links in the Test forum recently:

Old GW links with gw url.

Although gardengal's link with the houzz url works, I prefer the format using the GW url. The list includes the missing Cooking and KT forum links.

RedSun and OldDutch, folks in the Cooking forum would probably be willing to discuss garlic--cooking and preserving, and maybe growing. I raise only elephant garlic and garlic chives, but not on a grand scale.

Save    
RedSun (Zone 6, NJ)

Well, when folks leave, they won't come back. Then it is domino effect. When folks find something else, they will never return. This has been so many years.

Save    
OldDutch

Red Sun, I am still around, but our formerly active allium discussion has gotten real quiet lately. The Minnesota garden topic is nearly dead, too.

Save    
RedSun (Zone 6, NJ)

Yes, I know. But it is ok. There are some other sites spread all over the places. Just some people are like Yahoo's Marissa Mayer. Destroy good things....

Save    
mama goose_gw zn6OH

Is anyone else unable to access the GW forums? I can get to discussions in my activity feed, and add comments (such as this one), but when I click on a forum, I get a 'No posts found' sign.

ETA, well, that was strange. For a while every forum had a "No posts found' sign, even using Houzz url, but it seems to be back to normal now.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular Houzz Tour: A Playful Home Drawn Up by 8-Year-Old Twins
Plans for this innovative tower home in Melbourne were going nowhere — until the homeowners’ twins came to the rescue
Full Story
Houzz Tours Houzz Tour: Mixing It Up in a Century-Old Edwardian
Different eras, patterns and textures mingle beautifully in a Canadian interior designer's home and 'design lab'
Full Story
Houzz Tours Houzz Tour: Modern Personality in an Old Atlanta Neighborhood
Artfully painted exteriors, soaring ceilings and stacked volumes make this home a decidedly different newcomer to the neighborhood
Full Story