SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amanda_search28

Crate and Barrel Axis II sectional in Douglas Ice color

amanda_search28
3 years ago

After researching sectionals, I’m leaning toward this couch in Douglas Ice. Does anyone have experience with this color or would be willing to send a photo? Having trouble purchasing without seeing in full.

thanks!!

Comments (153)

• Amy G
    last year
    last modified: last year

@Maura Birenbaum i love your set up would you mind sharing what rug you have under the couch?

• Maura Birenbaum
    last year

Hi Amy, Here is the link to the rug. It is not thick or very expensive so you would want a thicker rug pad underneath but the rug itself is pretty and holding up well! Good luck!

https://www.wayfair.com/rugs/pdp/breakwater-bay-lorelai-transitional-geometric-area-rug-in-blue-w005405381.html?piid=1813243995

• Related Discussions

Crate and Barrel Axis ii Sectional Owners - Feedback Requested Please!

Q

Comments (56)
    I’m also considering the axis reversible chaise. I’ve called several C&B stores to ask about it and they argued with me saying that it doesn’t come with a reversible chaise. Wish the employees were familiar with their products.
    ...See More

Crate & Barrel icon vs vail fabrics

Q

Comments (42)
    The Ethan Allen Spencer collection is 20% off right now. I think their fabrics are much nicer (even quick ship choices). I prefer the taller frame for back cushions, 6" wide track arm (not too big or small), mortise and tenon joinery construction, cushion choices, back cushion has a 3-channel jacket to keep fibers from shifting and that the bottom foam cushions are wrapped with 3 layers. I worried the very thick cushions of the Gather would breakdown and be hard to replace because of their unusual dimensions.
    ...See More

Crate and Barrel - Douglas vs. Taft Fabric

Q

Comments (24)
    Thank you, it seems texture hides scratches if they don't go nuts and shred the whole thing. I have some velvet samples. I tried to shred both the velvet and the Douglas samples with needle nose tweezers. The Douglas was holding up better to my tests, does Crate and barrel have different qualities of velvet? I have seen more than one person saying that cats aren't interest in scratching velvet. Maybe that's the secret to cat proof furniture since it would seem that NOTHING can hold up to their claws if they decide it's a scratching post.
    ...See More

Crate & Barrel Axis II couch- Douglas ice vs Douglas Nickel?

Q

Comments (12)
    What color did you go with? We just received the Douglas Nickel and I think it's looks like a dirty gray in our space and I'm not sure how I feel. I do have a sample of the Ice but afraid it's too light and too much like the sofa color in our other room. I saw the Ice in the store and it's really light. do you have a picture of the finished room?
    ...See More
  • Amy G
    last year

@Maura Birenbaum thanks so much! do you also recall where you purchased the pillows & blankets?

• Liz Curry
    last year

This thread seems to mostly be ideas of how to style couches in Douglas Ice. Does anyone have any pictures of how they’ve styled Douglas Nickel? We have a sectional in that color with white walls and I need some serious help on how to warm it up, what colors to use for pillows, rug, accents and maybe even a new wall color. Thanks Thanks!

• siddhu kantipudi
    last year

I am just replying as we are thinking of buying Axis 2. Can someone share their Fabric feedback as we are thinking to go with Icon white?. Really worried about maintenance but wanted something lighther beige color.

• Maura Birenbaum
    last year

@Amy G - I am so sorry I am just seeing this! Pillows were Home Goods and the blanket was Target!

• siddhu kantipudi
    last year

Sorry, asking again. How is Icon white Chennile Fabrice maintenance.

• Amy G
    last year

Can anyone share how long it took to acrually receive your order? Mine has been dalayed and I am reading horror stories

• Shannon Capocci
    last year

Mine said 25-35 weeks at time of order. While it got pushed out a few times after the 25 mark it arrived right in time for 35 weeks. 2 different deliveries within 2 weeks. So I think 33 and 35 weeks. Worth the wait v happy with it.

• chrissyk0127
    last year

Our order was placed on new years eve and we were told 8 months. It was almost to the day in August. Pretty accurate

• anniebythesea
    last year

Hi, I would love to get a sample of Douglas Ice as well. I would gladly pay for postage. I ordered online and apparently it's out of stock and my local store doesn't have it either. I really wanted the Lace, but I think I am dreaming going with a white couch. Can anyone who has it describe the color for me?

Thank you so much.

• Alejandra Flores
    last year

Annie, I no longer work for Crate & Barrel, but I recommend calling the Dallas/Knox store and ask if they have any and request to have it mailed to you.

• anniebythesea
    last year

Thank you!

If anyone has the Ice, can you possibly describe the color? Is it a very light gray? Trying to tell from pictures in postings above, but it is hard to tell.

• Jessica Finelli
    last year

It’s a very light greige - I love it - so far every stain comes out

• Melissa Williamson
    last year

This is douglas lace?

• Jessica Finelli
    last year

Yes Douglas ice

• hzelko
    last year

Has anyone purchased axis in icon pearl or taft pearl fabric ??

this is Douglas Ice on Axis in my local store…it’s light but definitely grey !

• HU-45298633
    10 months ago

hi does anyone have a douglas ice swatch they could mail me?? please

• Patron Patty
    10 months ago

You can call the 1-800 number. I just got a sample of the Douglas Ice in the Coral Gables/ Miami store

• HU-346769115
    9 months ago

Hi, I am trying to decide between the Barret and Axis, anyone compared those two? I like the firmness of Barret, but don't know how the Axis compares to it (don't have access to it to try it out). Any input/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

• Alejandra Flores
    9 months ago

Barret is definitely firmer, but also a smaller frame(great for smaller spaces).

I have Axis and love it!! Not too firm and. It too soft. I also love the Douglas fabric.

• Karen Sullivan Handy
    7 months ago

Our Axis sofas in Douglas Ice arrive

this week! For those of you with Douglas Ice would love to see photos and links to rugs and accent pillows. Thanks in advance!

• Heather Stutts
    6 months ago

When did you order? we ordered ours mid June and are coming up on our 8week mark. No word yet.

• Alejandra Flores
    6 months ago

Ours took 6 months but it was made to order and it was during COVID when there was a shortage of everything.

• Mary T
    6 months ago

@Jonathan cowan did you end up finding a swatch of the douglas lace?

• Jenny Porter
    6 months ago

These posts were so helpful! i just ordered my sectional today in douglace ice and its expected to arrive in 3 weeks! now on to find a rug and some coordinating wall art!

• anniebythesea
    6 months ago

I hope your purchase is smoother than mine. We ordered the Douglas Lace (white) and it arrived dirty and some of the legs were chipped. They left the couch with us and ordered another. When same delivery crew arrived two weeks ago with replacement, the guy checked it in the truck and it was stained, too. C&B at local store encouraging me to choose another color. Delivery guy said all of the white furniture they deliver is dirty before leaving warehouse. Ironically, store just changed their Axis floor model to Ice, but I truly prefer the white. I've always wanted a white couch. It is well made and incredibly comfortable. The issues seem to occur prior to arrival at customer's home. Has anyone else had this problem with Lace or is it just me?

Hubby is says just choose another color, LOL, but knows this is my dream couch. Our kids are in college and I feel like I deserve this after 20 years of non stop cleaning.

• andrealynn10
    5 months ago

Can anyone comment on how either the Douglas fabrics (ice or nickel) have done with stains? C&B worries me since they don’t offer any warranty plan!

• Shannon Capocci
    5 months ago

stains come right out. that was why we picked this fabric. amazing
    i tested everything on the samples even red wine and olive oil it all came out!

• HU-725734275
    4 months ago

hi @anniebythesea im debating between douglas lace and ice. can you share a pic of how the whole sofa looks like with douglas lace? thank you so much!

• Erika Tessitore
    3 months ago

@hu-725734275 were you able to get a photo with the douglas lace? I am comparing the ice to the lace.

• Cristin Stewart
    3 months ago

Has anyone seen or purchased Douglas Camel? Ice is beautiful but I want a warmer color and am scared Camel is too dark.

• Alejandra Flores
    3 months ago

I suggest getting swatches if you don’t have any.

• anniebythesea
    3 months ago

Hi, sorry for the delay. I do love the white, as I love to be able to decorate seasonly. I am still experimenting with pillows and throws. I will be honest, we do put throws on the couch before sitting on it to keep it clean. I know that sounds crazy, but I want it to remain clean and beautiful. I did buy the Hoover Cleanslate Portable Carpet & Upholstry Cleaner that works like a charm in the event of a stain. Coincidentally, we were at CB last night and they have the Axis Sectional on display in Douglas Ice. It is a light gray with beige, almost faint black undertones. My husband loves it and says that is what we should have bought, but I truly love the Douglas Lace. I did try a few different colored throw pillows on the Ice in the store a few months back and I am glad we went with the Lace.

• andrealynn10
    3 months ago

Help! What’s the best way to remove a small stain on the Douglas fabric? One of my kids had chocolate on their hand and now it’s on the armrest 🫣 distilled water with a drop of dawn dish soap and blot?

• A N
    3 months ago

I've used water with Dawn. I purchased a bottle of clear Dawn just in case; don't know that it mattered at all. I think regular Dawn would do just as well.

I do have a few areas on our couch where there are stains that are very hard to see - kind of like a little shadow that is gray but one shade darker than the Ice. Can't get them off, which is disappointing, especially since I don't know where they came from!

I'd be interesed in hearing how well the chocolate comes out.

• A N
    3 months ago

@anniebythesea -- I also had a rocky delivery experience with C&B.

When we received our sectional couch (Ice), the delivery guy pointed out damage on the back of the corner piece. The back had rubbed against something and there was a small hole. I contacted C&B and it took MONTHS and many, many phone calls for them to fix it. After several months, they sent the replacement fabric and then, after about 6 more months and me calling multiple times, they sent a repair guy. He installed the fabric, which was - and still is - **wrinkled** and just in general, he didn't do a great job. When he was about to leave and I pointed out that it was wrinkled, he suggested I steam it (!!), which I am afraid to do because I may damage the fabric. The whole experience was pretty poor.

In the end I wished I hadn't even had it repaired; the hole was less noticeable than the wrinkles that, two years later, continue to be visible on the back piece. This was the first time I had purchased furniture from C&B. I like the couch, but C&B's customer service and follow up was awful.

We also purchased some wood chairs from C&B and had them replaced twice because they were delivered with paint chips. Finally just gave up and kept them. I chalked a lot of this up to Covid issues, but who knows.

• andrealynn10
    3 months ago

I have had a terrible delivery experience as well. I’ll spare the details but I won’t be ordering any crate and barrel furniture in the future. I don’t know it’s happening in the warehouse or with the delivery company but their furniture is getting damaged along the way and they’re just delivering it anyway like we won’t care, or notice.

• hzelko
    3 months ago

for stains i was told Folex works well but test first. also they say if using a little water use distilled, not tap water

• hzelko
    3 months ago

@andrealynn10 …thanks for sharing this i have heard this a few times ( i think i have decided to go with room and board metro deep sofa which is comparable pricing - they seem to have much better customer service and guarantee for life of sofa) … , have you tried posting on cb website? - i have seen others at least get a response online ( nit sure if they actually resolved the issue )

• andrealynn10
    3 months ago

They want to fix the issue but can’t. They keep saying they’ll just send me a new chair/sectional but every one that arrives is worse than the one before.

• J N
    2 months ago

I realize this post is old, but I thought it might be helpful to share…

If you are considering the Douglas ice color, please know that it definitely has a gray green undertone and It’s very difficult to coordinate with new neutrals that lean more taupe.

However, the quality of the fabric is great-someone in my family dripped dark paint on it but it all came out.

• J N
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

Keep in mind If you‘re considering the Douglas Ice color, it has a cool greenish undertone (as its name implies). While it is really beautiful, it can clash with a lot of the current neutrals such as beige and taupe. However, the quality of the fabric is great. Someone in my family dripped dark paint on it 🫣and we were able to get it out.

• racarpenter
    2 months ago

@j n can you post a photo of the Douglas ice?

• Anne Smith
    last month

@hzelko could you let us know how the metro and axis compare in comfort? I’m also debating between the two, but i cant get to a showroom to sit on a metro, only the axis.

• hzelko
    last month

@Anne Smith they are both comfortable to me (i had heard ery good things from axis owners) - for the 88" length the Metro deep is a little deeper - 43" vs 41"i think on axis overall and the "interior" depth from back cushioin to front edge of seat cushion is like 28/29" whereas i think it's more like 25 on axis. Metro seat cushions feel a little more "cushiony"/"springy" (but not soft) than axis which felt "firmer" - i think becausethe seat cushions on Metro (deep version only) are spring down (so coils in them) vs pure foam wrapped with down i . Also i think the back frame on Axis is taller and i think feels like it sits a bit more "upright" (the back of Metro feels more like C&B lounge sofa than Axis). Although the douglas fabric on Axis is very durable, the look was a little too "suedey" for me, and i couldn't use the ice or white color - I needed more of an ivory (so i would have gotten Icon pearl) . The ivory sumner fabric on the Metro is really nice (100% polypropylene)

• Anne Smith
    last month

@hzelko thank you so much for your thorough reply! So helpful. The uprightness may have sold me on the axis.

• Anne Smith
    last month

@Maura Birenbaum sorry this is a late post! The douglas ice sofa looks nice in your room. Could you share your wall color?

• Maura Birenbaum
    last month

Hi Anne, thank you. The wall color is Benjamin Moore Stonington Gray.

• Anne Smith
    last month

@Maura Birenbaum Thank you!