Ivanka’s Advice to Unemployed Americans: Find Something New

jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

In the midst of this economic crisis facing millions of Americans, enter Ivanka Trump with advice for the unemployed: Embrace the chaos, she urges, and “Find Something New.” The initiative comes as her most recent diamond-encrusted middle finger to American families since the pandemic hit.

The campaign’s website, which boasts ties with companies like Apple, reads like a choose-your-own-adventure where options like vague certificate and intensive programs are presented but with scant detail on how to pursue such paths, much less pay for some of them. Click on Apple, for example, and you’re simply rerouted to a page offering free beginner coding courses that surely won’t be enough to even land you an interview with the company. It’s the equivalent of directing someone to Indeed.com, wishing them good luck, and congratulating yourself for helping them in a meaningful way.

That isn’t to say that “Find Something New” will fail to inspire. For a growing number of Americans, it’s a reminder that they’ll have the chance to do exactly that come November.Link

SaveComment56Like3
Comments (56)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maifleur03

I have to disagree with the comment about Apple directing people to that beginner coding course. There are some people who think they have sufficient training in coding who may realize that their training is not enough. I have worked with some.

I do agree that she is showing the finger to the people who are unemployed.

Save    
deegw

The finger is not all she's showing.

4 Likes Save    

It's just the lack of awareness that I find stunning. How a rich, privileged woman can give advice to the unemployed as if her experience has any connection with their experience.

I am all for people educating themselves to get better jobs but wouldn't it be much better if there was some kind of government push to do this, backed up by funding to retrain people?

A website making suggestions is about as useful as someone's mother yelling at their unemployed kid to go out and get a job!

14 Likes Save    
Barbara Wilson

She should simply STHU. Yes the lack of awareness is stunning.

5 Likes Save    
nickel_kg(6)

What, the peasants have no bread? Let them eat cake.

How history repeats itself.

10 Likes Save    
lurker111

That isn’t to say that “Find Something New” will fail to inspire. For a
growing number of Americans, it’s a reminder that they’ll have the
chance to do exactly that come November

Old is new again? (really old)

Save    
Iris GW

Apparently this is a pushback against the thought that you need a degree.

Ivanka Trump defended herself via Twitter, responding to one critic: "I suggest that you visit http://FindSomethingNew.org. This initiative is about challenging the idea the traditional 2 and 4 yr college is the only option to acquire the skills needed to secure a job. This work has never been more urgent."

You sure don't need a degree to serve up burgers, coffee, and clean houses. I agree that people don't need college degrees for everything, but are you telling a person who had a job that needed a college degree that they can now try something lower?

2 Likes Save    
kadefol

Come November, she and daddio are going to have to find something new.

Also, this is rich coming from someone who has never held a job that wasn't paid for or provided by daddy, and has never had to worry about paying for anything.

15 Likes Save    
blfenton

I would rather listen to someone who doesn't have a 4-year degree and hasn't had everything handed to her on a silver spoon and because of who her daddy is. She hasn't had to work for a thing in her entire life.

Ivanka trump is truly a waste of time

10 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

All those coal mines and factories trump promised sure would come in handy now.

(Could there be any family more tone-deaf at every turn—-they might as well just wear signs that say “we want to lose”).

3 Likes Save    
HU-274840647

More stellar advice from an expert.

i suppose now I have to explain what the expertise is to you crats

2 Likes Save    
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,others)(8a)

Münchener Post

@MunichPost

Replying to

@IvankaTrump

I went to the site and was very excited to try something new but was disappointed when I couldn't find any information about how to be born rich and pretend to work.

9:55 AM · Jul 14, 2020·Twitter Web App

26 Likes Save    
texanjana(8)

I’ll explain the Trump family’s expertise-lying, fraud, cheating, exploitation...need I continue?

3 Likes Save    
llucy

My nieces visited last week and we speculated how CV19 will change things in the future. Re: employment: people find working at home is cheaper and easier than paying for office space and commuting. Employers may find they need fewer employees to keep their businesses going. Some businesses won't make it if they can't adapt to online marketing and/or making consumers feel safe at their in person sites. Manufacturing may see a resurgence, but with more automation, less human employees working side by side potentially infecting each other.

I am not an Ivanka fan.

One doesn't need to be to realize corona has impacted the entire world, and many, many people (most?) will be finding something new in the coming months and years.

1 Like Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

This has the air of Daddy Trump saying "people dont know this but------" That usually leaves us shaking our heads. Who knew? People are going to have to find something new to do.

1 Like Save    

When she was a young child, a lifelong friend asked her mom for something or other and was told “we don’t have the money for it.”

Friend innocently suggested her mom could “just write one of those paper things.”

This has the same air of naïveté and none of the childish charm.

1 Like Save    
HU-274840647

But she is cute, if I had no taste I would .’date’ her

2 Likes Save    
2 Likes Save    
blfenton

A comment meme from miss lindsey's link -

"Look Daddy, I'm Governmenting" - Ivanka

6 Likes Save    
olychick

Another from Miss Lindsey's link:

12 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

nickel_kg(6)

What, the peasants have no bread? Let them eat cake.

And she said it on Bastille Day no less!

7 Likes Save    
Gooster(9)

For a program that is developed by the Ad Council, you would think the marketeers would be a little less tone deaf with their naming and taglines. It's all a little "let them eat cake". There is nothing wrong with any of these programs, but the marketing campaign seems to have lacked some critical perspective. Having Ivanka jump in just made things worse.

1 Like Save    
dandyfopp

Still waiting for Donnie to do ANYthing to protect our soldiers from Russian bounties but he gets Vanky out pronto to pimp canned beans to protect GOYA from a boycott.

https://twitter.com/IvankaTrump/status/1283221019684110337

Save    
Kathy

Ivanka is endorsing Goya beans on Twitter. Hatch act.

4 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Samantha Bee should have never apologized for her feckless Ivanka comment.

4 Likes Save    
Lars(Z11a (coastal L.A.) and Z9a (desert))

I think "find something new" is good advice for coal miners and for lumberjacks who are upset that they are not allowed to cut down old-growth forests.

Save    
bragu_DSM 5

didn't' Joe say something like that?

learn to code

Save    
jlhug

You are unemployed because your employer shut down or is operating a less than full capacity because of Covid. Your unemployment including that additional $2,400 a month is running out. Do you proactively try to find something different to do to support yourself or wait until your old job returns which it may never do?

I agree that the workplace is going to change after Covid.

Save    

Why doesn't this family try to actually help people rather than trotting out their silly platitudes that are completed flat-footed in this time of COVID? For many the question is whether to risk their lives going to the jobs they have already.

5 Likes Save    
Iris GW

Do you proactively try to find something different to do to support yourself or wait until your old job returns which it may never do?

Do you think people aren't doing that? Are jobs just waiting out there for people right now? Instacart is hiring?

Look I'm all for people doing other things and thinking outside of the box but let's real about what's available right this moment.

3 Likes Save    
HU-274840647

Politically this is more of the same from the Trump brood, we are not to blame, you are.

Save    
HU-274840647

What does she know about looking for a job? Was she ever competing for ‘daddy’s favorite girl?’

Save    
deegw

I love how Ivanka is tweeting about beans wearing a gazillion dollar blouse.

3 Likes Save    
Kitchenwitch111

Working class whites voted for Trump because he was going to re-open the coal mines and factories. Obama offered them retraining and relocation assistance but they were not interested. They are still waiting for their old jobs to come back.

2 Likes Save    
jlhug

Iris, there are many companies looking for employees right now in my area. Some are entry level jobs and others are jobs with more responsibility.

Save    
HU-274840647

Gonna be a long wait

2 Likes Save    
Iris GW

jlhug, that's great and I hope people are able to take those jobs. I'm sure that many people are looking. I know that some people turned to working for delivery services during the peak of the shutdown when so many were needed. Clearly they were willing to do whatever they could to keep food on the table and bills paid.

1 Like Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Ivanka can't even make up a unique slogan, half Smuckers, half beans. Can you see Chelsea Clinton doing that? me neither.

2 Likes Save    

Ivanka is endorsing Goya beans on Twitter. Hatch act.

Maybe she thinks the Hatch act has something to do with chili peppers.

1 Like Save    

As to the beans, that’s simply “trolling the crats.” Haha see how funny, you’re all so pressed hahaha.

As to finding a job via Vankie’s little website, that ain’t it. But at least it doesn’t have a .gov domain.

Save    
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

How I wish Ivanka and her kin, would find something new.

5 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

12 Likes Save    
HU-274840647

Daddy is so proud of his little girl he has just tweeted a pic of himself with five GOYA products on his desk in the Oval.

Save    
Iris GW

^^ More Hatch Act violations?

3 Likes Save    
Marigold

"She holds a can of beans with the same familiarity that her father holds a Bible" Anna Navarro
I wonder if either one of them have ever even worked a can opener.

2 Likes Save    
Gizmo

You just know, Ivanka doesn't think her farts smell after eating the beans.

Trump probably thinks GOYA is a food brand that caters to Mexican gentiles.

Save    
dandyfopp

Donnie concerns himself with the important stuff.

Save    
Kathy

He can’t stand the thought he jinxed someone’s company. He thrives on controlling people and he can’t control consumers.

Save    
Marigold

I think he can't stand the criticism of his daughter, so he jumps on board with the product endorsement

Save    
Iris GW

^^ oooh! New game!

1 Like Save    

I think he saw that the pic of ivanka “triggered” “the left” and he wanted to join the fun.

1 Like Save    
Kitchenwitch111

Trump is just distracting from yesterday’s disastrous rose garden rambling

Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

If this were any other president they would think twice about promoting product. But trumps' just thumb their nose and know they will get away with it. Compared to the other illegal behavior this is small beans, pun intended. This is not a marketing job. This is not your lame reality show. But trump and family act as if it is.

Wonder how much they were paid for the endorsement in campaign contributions?

Trumps' can't hardly go few days without stepping in it.

1 Like Save    
blfenton

Why is trump even entertaining the owner of Goya products anyway? Is this a photo op to show his supposed support of the Hispanic community?

Save    
Izzy Mn(4)

Yep blfelton. It's really a three for one. He gets one on one praise and he gets to show how much he loves the Hispanic community by promoting beans and prove he is not a racist. Possibly Goya owner was also a campaign contributor.

Just brilliant, not.

1 Like Save    
1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Houzz Tours My Houzz: Online Finds Help Outfit This Couple’s First Home
East Vancouver homeowners turn to Craigslist to update their 1960s bungalow
Full Story
Tastemakers Book to Know: Design Advice in Greg Natale’s ‘The Tailored Interior’
The interior designer shares the 9 steps he uses to create cohesive, pleasing rooms
Full Story
Life Get the Family to Pitch In: A Mom’s Advice on Chores
Foster teamwork and a sense of ownership about housekeeping to lighten your load and even boost togetherness
Full Story
Pristine Acres is committed to offering the highest-quality, most professional landscape design/installation... Read More