SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
isaac_dorio

Building a Waterfall Pond

Isaac Dorio
3 years ago

Hello!

So I'm kind of diving in head first with this DIY project.

We're building a relatively large pond. It's about 20 by 12 feet in a figure-8 shape, and is only about 2 feet deep. We've dug the hole by hand (I'll attach a photo) and have ordered liner, and the equipment. We're having trouble with the waterfall in the back. As you can see in the photo, I've built the back up significantly with the dirt that we dug up, but we're lost as to how to position it so that it doesn't erode or fall over. Besides that, we're also struggling to figure out what rocks to buy and how to position them for the nicest waterfall effect. Any advice or help on how we should do this? I'm thinking that tomorrow (July 14th) I'll go out and pull it down so it's not exactly ledges, but make it flush with the ground around it and more of a sloping hill upwards. For reference on our ground, soil, and elevation, I live in flat, sandy, south Florida.

If anyone could give some feedback on the pond in general, that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks so much!

(PS. We're also not interested in hiring a pro. This is our project for the summer while we have nothing to do 😁 I really want to finish this ourselves.)

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting