SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_182915742

Central Vac in new build vs Dyson

RW2020
3 years ago

We are in the planning stages with an architect on our next home. I've had central vac systems in my last 3 homes. And, at the time thought I loved them. However, I have never had one with the HAH (hide a hose or equivalent) feature. One thing I have not liked about our current CV is that even with the hose sock I has been rough on our base boards. In our current house and in our future house we will only have carpet in two of the 5 bedrooms. However, it will be about 5000 soft.

I'm so conflicted as to if I should put a central vac in at all or just purchase a few of the new V11 Dyson stick vacs and place them in closets around the house. About 2 years ago I purchased the Dyson V10 stick vac and I find myself rarely ever using the central vac we have today.

Has anyone else recently gone through a new build and opted out of a central vac after previously owning? Any regrets?

It's been 12 years since we built our current home. Is there some incredible new CV technology I should factor in?

I feel like the technology and ease of the new Dyson's are just So.Much.Easier than our central vac ever has been....Thoughts??

Comments (21)