SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linda_yeshmcmaster

WeatherGard vs Wallside? Recommondations for windows in Ann Arbor, MI?

We are trying to decide who to use for replacement vinyl windows in the Ann Arbor, MI area.
Wallside estimate was $10,000 and WeatherGard was $17,000. The three things that WeatherGard offered that has us considering them is their frame was thicker and had more chambers, the tracks pop out for easy cleaning, and life-long warranty. While we like everything we heard, we are not sure it's worth an additional $7,000.

Has anyone had experience with WeatherGard or Wallside?? Good or bad? Any other companies someone highly recommends? Please let me know! Thanks

Comments (4)

• millworkman
    3 years ago

"the tracks pop out for easy cleaning,"

What tracks are you referring to? What type windows, double hung, casement, slider, etc? Wrapping the exterior frame in aluminum? What glass package? What are their respective air infiltration and glass package specs? I am not familiar with either but their are a couple pros here from your area of the country who hopefully will pop in. I will say that neither brand are brands that I have ever heard any pros speak of with any regularity as being a quality window, doesn't mean they are not however. My gut says they both are a mediocre brand.

• Linda YeshMcMaster
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Based on price, I don't think they are mediocre. In this area, both are rated in top ten. (I don't buy windows often and so it could just be sticker shock. It does look like pricing is aligned with Anderson windows.) In Michigan, we do get some really high and real low temps so maybe we need a higher quality. I don't mind paying the money if it's for something that is needed. I just can't figure out what we really need in a window.

https://weathergard.com/ will show some of the details of the windows including their frame construction which to my limited knowledge seems to look more sturdy and makes sense. But $7000 worth of sense, I'm not sure.

Glass package is Cardinal LoE-366 https://www.cardinalcorp.com/products/coated-glass/loe-366/

Windows are mix of sliders and casement. The tracks in the sliders are removable for cleaning (which I thought was genius!)

They also offer life long warranty on the vinyl, glass seal, balancer, hardware, labor and screen repair.

• OhioWindoze
    3 years ago

I am familiar with your market and like the WeatherGard over the Wallside product If it comes down to the 2 of them. I dont particularly like the pocket sill but the Cardinal 366 glass makes up for it.

• Linda YeshMcMaster
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks @OhioWindoze. WeatherGard quality and warranty did seem better. Being familiar with the market is there someone you would recommend we should get a quote from that might offer good qualitybut lower price than WeatherGard?