SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brianasplace

Last minute changes? Mudroom and Laundry

B Carey
3 years ago

Getting ready to start the house. Originally, I wanted a larger mudroom. We are building on a large hobby farm. My kids are 10,13,14. Now, I wonder if this space would be better for an office. I do plan to have a larger 10*16 building for my office. I've been going back and forth on this as I also think having a large space for drying snow clothes from sledding when I have grandkids will be nice. Not to mention having a good space for workboots/etc..maybe even add a dog wash station. I intend to have the space off the entry (on the way to the powder room) have a settee. Just wondering if I should utilize this space differently? I don't feel that I have much time still for the kids to use the mudroom..but for sure want to keep a hallway that does not go through the mudroom!

I am also wondering if I should close off my husband's closet..giving him a larger closet instead of a door directly to the laundry room? (This would also give me a larger laundry room.)

These are the only 2 spaces that I have been second guessing. We are building on 75 acres, so I don't intend to move anytime soon!

Entry on the left. As you can see, hallway is pretty wide, which isn't necessary, but would be nice.

I think I will love the space, just second guessing myself.

Closets:

Comments (8)