Trump calls BLM words a symbol of hate

Iris GW

From his tweet about NYC painting the words 'Black Lives Matter' on 5th Avenue:

Maybe our GREAT Police, who have been neutralized and scorned by a mayor who hates & disrespects them, won’t let this symbol of hate be affixed to New York’s greatest street.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1278324681477689349

Trump is determined to show America what he really is.

SaveComment98Like3
Comments (98)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,others)(8a)

The police can only enforce the law, not interpret it or create it.

So if the words/symbols are being painted with legal permission the police can do nothing under the law to stop it.

6 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

He is Joe's biggest asset.

8 Likes Save    

Speaking of affixing a symbol of hate to New York’s greatest street:

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."

4 Likes Save    
arcy_gw

How is that a surprise? Under those initials groups are destroying businesses and communities. It was hijacked by a hate group and they are using it as a battering ram. The sentiment was lost several bodies ago!!!

2 Likes Save    
HU-274840647

The biggest (yugest) cymbal of hate is the orange non genius.

8 Likes Save    
lurker111

It's all in your head. Trump is a great person.

1 Like Save    
Marigold

lurker111

The black power fist painted on the streets is a disgrace. Is Lennon still standing in Seattle?
Lurker, if you are referring to the statue of Vladimir, it has been removed. I don't think there was one of Paul there, as far as I am aware

2 Likes Save    
Iris GW

Under those initials groups are destroying businesses and communities.

While the destruction is going on during George Floyd protests, specific actions are not directly attributed to people associated with the BLM movement. In some cases, the crimes have been linked back to white supremacists and other hate groups looking to take advantage of the unrest.

8 Likes Save    
chisue

Ah, how hard it is to deprogram anyone in a Cult. How may will stick with our own version of Adolph until the bunker?

11 Likes Save    
Gizmo

Speaking of affixing a symbol of hate to New York’s greatest street:

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tks to the SCOTUS ruling today, he would also be held accountable for the shooting!

7 Likes Save    
foodonastump

This is what I was trying to argue on the BLM thread yesterday. Like it or not, for better or for worse, the phrase is tied to the movement and organization, and anyone who claims or appears to be acting or speaking in the name of same. You may personally separate the two, but that doesn’t mean others do.

2 Likes Save    
Iris GW

and organization

Is there a specific organization called BLM or Black Lives Matter, FOAS?

Save    
lurker111

Code name for George Soros.

3 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

How about GOP as a symbol of hate. For better or worse tied to ................?

4 Likes Save    
foodonastump

Is that a serious question? Have we moved from disassociating people from Black Lives Matter, to denying the group’s existence?

5 Likes Save    
Stars Inthesky

Another bad day for benedict donald, the two Supreme Court justices he appointed rule against him! And, the Black Lives Matter mural painted in his face in front of trump tower nyc, I love it!

7 Likes Save    
Toby

Didn't he just approve of the Confederate flag as freedom of speech? But painting BLM on a street is a symbol of hate and he wants it removed?

That old Confederate Cadet sure has it backwards!

12 Likes Save    
blfenton

I knew it was painted in front of his tower but had to research as to who painted it. Turns out New York City painted it. Authorized by Mayor de Blasio who even took a turn at painting some of it. I had to laugh.

9 Likes Save    
cattyles

FOAS, I don’t know what you mean either.

1 Like Save    
Iris GW

Have we moved from disassociating people from Black Lives Matter, to denying the group’s existence?

No, I'm just asking if there is an official group with a director/ceo/president?

It's a movement, for sure, I agree with that.

Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

FWIW, there apparently is a Black Lives Matter Foundation, which has nothing to do with the movement, and has been the beneficiary of funds donated by some mistaken people...

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/16/878852994/a-company-that-profits-off-of-the-black-lives-matter-movement

And the real BLM is not any one organization, just like women's liberation was not any one organization - it's a movement.

6 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

"The co-founder of Black Lives Matter names a convicted cop killer as one of her heroes, and the BLM national organization is fiscally sponsored through a leftist group whose board of directors includes a convicted terrorist. "

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/black-lives-matter-fundraising-handled-by-group-with-convicted-terrorist-on-its-board

4 Likes Save    
Iris GW

Who is their board of directors, mrskjun?

Save    
Save    
paprikash

I disagree with these pissant mayors having public streets ugly painted just to irritate Trump.

5 Likes Save    
Iris GW

I've been there miss lindsey; I can't find their board of directors.

Save    
ubro(2a)

paprikash--or maybe they were painted to show support for Black lives, everything that pi$$es Trump off is not always done specifically to that end.

7 Likes Save    
deegw

paprikash

I disagree with these pissant mayors having public streets ugly painted just to irritate Trump.

-------

But it's a-okay for pissant Trump to bully others and ugly name-call just to irritate?

11 Likes Save    
paprikash

There may be those citizens who do not support BLM but do support black lives. It’s their street, too.

6 Likes Save    
bragu_DSM 5

I can't find their board of directors.

that's because names/posts/articles have been purged from the web in recent weeks because some were researching who they are.

you find something on the web, print it out; save a hard copy. It may easily be 'poofed' like other items have been on the net. Either print it, or screen shot the page and save it as a pdf file on your hard drive.

It is NOT the same BLM info page I saw several weeks ago ... and no, I did not save it.

1 Like Save    
Ann

I like this Ari Fleischer tweet from today:

"This is among the reasons our politics are so poisoned. If Joe Biden lived in a town with a GOP mayor, should that mayor paint MAGA on the street outside Biden's home? This is nasty, vindictive politics DeBlasio is practicing. It lowers all of us."

Burgess Owens sees the BLM organization as Marxism. Owens (a black man) feels the Dem party uses black people every election (the misery and pain of black people) to get power. Burgess went on to say that only 1 out of 6 protesters in the marches are black, and they are always placed at the front.

ETA: The source for the Burgess Owens' comments was Burgess speaking on Fox News (Martha MacCallum's show today, with Trace Gallagher filling in for Martha).

5 Likes Save    
foodonastump

Thanks, all, for helping me make my point. Perhaps the reason you can’t find too much definitive information is because it’s deliberately a loosely defined organization of various local activist groups. Watch CNN squirm around calling the the Minnesota BLM group a local group without known ties to the national group. But that acknowledges the existence of a national group. Which is perhaps simply a collaboration of local groups? Then isn’t a local group part of the national group? It goes in circles. I suspect this is all intentionally vague. I’m sure there are many fine people associated with the group, probably/hopefully more than bad apples, but this vast expanse of vagueness is exactly the problem with I have with de Blasio painting it on 5th Avenue. In my opinion the phrase “black lives matter” is itself an honorable one, but the associations sketchy enough to be one I’d avoid using.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/07/02/politics/fact-check-trump-pigs-blanket-black-lives-matter/index.html

4 Likes Save    
Iris GW

I see your point FOAS but I'm not sure what to do about it. The phrase has meaning beyond any specific group of people.

1 Like Save    
Iris GW

Burgess went on to say that only 1 out of 6 protesters in the marches are black, and they are always placed at the front.

Like the black folk at Trump rallies?

If black Americans make up 13% of the population, is that close to 1 out of 6 people? Sounds like the marches are a good representation of America, eh?

3 Likes Save    

“Burgess went on to say that only 1 out of 6 protesters in the marches are black, and they are always placed at the front.”

Wow.

The entire point of this movement is to allow Black voices to be heard and Black people to take the lead. That’s why you see them “placed” in the front of marches and holding the mic at rallies.

They are the leaders.

That’s not a problem.

2 Likes Save    
Ann

Does anyone here who is anti-Trump have an opinion about Ari's tweet? I really like the saying "Make America Great Again" but I might guess the term MAGA bugs anti-Trump people. Right? What would be your opinion if it were painted in huge letters in front of Biden's home?

I'm a person who thinks all lives matter and the term black lives matter has sort of bugged me from the start. Then, following all the riots and destruction, my opinion of BLM is that it is a version of a hate/destructive group, is deeply connected with ActBlue, Soros, etc.

I think Ari's tweet is spot on. I'd love to hear what anti-Trump people think of what Ari specifically wrote and I quoted. Does anyone besides me agree with his point?

3 Likes Save    
Toby

Burgess went on to say that only 1 out of 6 protesters in the marches are black, and they are always placed at the front.

Does he think it should only be blacks at the marches? Did he support whites at Martin Luther King's marches?

Burgess Owens needs to toe the GOP party line since he's running for Congress in Utah's 4th Congressional District. A former NFL player and Superbowl champ, he said this last year:

“I’ll be honest with you, the white supremacists have not been our
greatest enemy. It’s been the black elitists, those in the black
community that call themselves friends of the black race that vote for
every single anti-black policy that comes through the pike that keeps us
poor, uneducated, hopeless, angry, and they get wealthier at the same
time.”

Save    
terezosa / terriks

Black Lives Matter is only anti-Trump if he makes it so. Or rather, Trump is anti-BLM by choice.

10 Likes Save    
haydayhayday

Ann:

"Does anyone here who is anti-Trump have an opinion about Ari's tweet? I really like the saying "Make America Great Again" but I might guess the term MAGA bugs anti-Trump people. Right? What would be your opinion if it were painted in huge letters in front of Biden's home?"

This is the text of the tweet:

"This is among the reasons our politics are so poisoned. If Joe Biden lived in a town with a GOP mayor, should that mayor paint MAGA on the street outside Biden’s home? This is nasty, vindictive politics DeBlasio is practicing. It lowers all of us."

(my bolding---hay)

This is the thread replies:

https://twitter.com/AriFleischer/status/1281249647927926784

Good read.

Hay

2 Likes Save    
Toby

Does Ari Fleischer speak up when Republicans "poison our politics"? If not, he could start by working on his own integrity.

2 Likes Save    
haydayhayday

Hay

4 Likes Save    
bfox254

Here's my opinion: Biden is not divisive or thin skinned. Painting MAGA on Biden's street wouldn't draw much of a reaction. He'd probably make a joke out of it.

Poor baby Trump brings it on himself. It's nasty vindictive politics because nasty and vindictive seems to be the only language Trump understands. Besides, he doesn't live in New York anymore, remember?

Republicans, and Trump in particular, have made nasty and divisive politics their trademark yet seem shocked when democrats return fire.

11 Likes Save    

As to the question of whether Make America Great Again “bugs” me:

No. It does not.

I’m baffled by it. I don’t understand what the creator believes “greatness” to be, when s/he feels America ceased to be “great,” or how we will know when America is “great again.” I even started a thread about it to try to ascertain how proponents of MAGA would answer those questions.

Apparently it has been achieved in the eyes of Donald because now we are being commanded to Keep America Great.

Personally I think if America remains at the state in which she finds herself at this moment she is not long for this world, as a leader in any case. The individual American will survive as always but the Ideal will be gone.

If someone got permission to paint MAGA or KAG outside Biden’s house then that person would be within the law to do so. I doubt it would get under Biden’s skin the way it has gotten under Donald’s.

Donald can’t even look the other way (turn the other cheek?) in his own self-service and instead is digging further into white supremacy because his only tactic is to be contrary. He is juvenile in the extreme.

6 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Has anyone told Ari Fleischer that Trump's permanent residence is now in Florida and not on Fifth Avenue in NYC?

3 Likes Save    
shaxhome (Frog Rock, Australia 9b)(Frog Rock, Australia 9b)

I've come up with a campaign slogan for Joe Biden. One which will resonate across the country, that is totally appropriate after the past 3+ years of wanton, disgraceful behaviour from a callous and destructive buffoon of a POTUS.

"Make America Great Again."

Quite catchy, doncha think?

10 Likes Save    
Ann

Hay, that was a very good read!

I like the idea of "Queue the resurfacing trucks."

2 Likes Save    

What makes “BLM” a symbol of hate in the eyes of Donald, and the Confederate flag not?

9 Likes Save    
cattyles

Shax, perfect!

Save    
jmm1837

I like hay's meme. Is he implying that the American Revolution is ending in tears? Or is the problem only with subsequent revolutions ?

1 Like Save    
docmom_gw(5)

I would like to respond to Ann’s question. I am about as anti-Trump as you can get. But, I do feel that the placement of the BLM painting is petty and an unnecessary attempt to rub the issue in Trump’s face. This is the kind of adolescent behavior that makes meaningful debate and finding common ground nearly impossible. We need to return to the practice of civil discourse on both sides.

Unfortunately, I have not seen Trump himself exhibit the least interest in, or even the ability to, listen to what anyone else has to say about anything. And that includes those he has gathered around him as potential advisors. Leaders have immense influence over the attitudes and behaviors of their followers, and Trump is not leading his people to a place where productive communication is encouraged.

Martha

6 Likes Save    
Marigold

Very well said, Martha

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Well said, Ann. A solid pro-Trump type statement

"Does anyone here who is anti-Trump have an opinion about Ari's tweet? I really like the saying "Make America Great Again" but I might guess the term MAGA bugs anti-Trump people. Right? What would be your opinion if it were painted in huge letters in front of Biden's home?

I'm a person who thinks all lives matter and the term black lives matter has sort of bugged me from the start. Then, following all the riots and destruction, my opinion of BLM is that it is a version of a hate/destructive group, is deeply connected with ActBlue, Soros, etc."

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

MAGA amuses me.

Biden should start using it.

Things that last start to make sense. We really need to bring up our country's role in the world. It's flame has greatly diminished over the last few years.

Save    
Stan Areted

BLM is a symbol of unfettered hate, murder, arson and destruction, now.

The left doesn't get to define everything, get used to it.

Save    
foodonastump

Biden can’t use it, it’s trademarked.

Save    
Save    
jmm1837

"The left doesn't get to define everything, get used to it."

Neither does the right. Live with it.

2 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

We love it!

See, we're tolerant.

3 Likes Save    
heri_cles

Even a moron like Trump can look at the fact that blacks only make up about 12-13% of the population and come up with a campaign strategy.

That strategy includes breaking off as many Hispanics from supporting the Democratic ticket as possible.

Save    
foodonastump

It's been trade marked?

Yes, “Make America Great Again” has been trademarked.

And even if it weren’t, and even if we hadn’t been hearing for four years that it’s a bad slogan, it would be a bad choice because everyone associates it with Trump. In other words even if people thought the words were wonderful, there would be no way of getting away from its association with Trump, so it would be a bad choice.

1 Like Save    
roy4me

I am so old that when I see BLM, I immediately think "Bureau of Land Management.

8 Likes Save    
terezosa / terriks

"I am so old that when I see BLM, I immediately think "Bureau of Land Management."

I think of that often, as there is a BLM office that I drive by regularly.

4 Likes Save    
lurker111

Marigold

Lurker,
if you are referring to the statue of Vladimir, it has been removed. I
don't think there was one of Paul there, as far as I am aware

When was it removed? It was there 2 weeks ago. Goes to show how crazy the left really is.

https://caldronpool.com/seattles-statue-of-washington-destroyed-statue-of-lenin-untouched/

Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Does anyone here who is anti-Trump have an opinion about Ari's tweet? I really like the saying "Make America Great Again" but I might guess the term MAGA bugs anti-Trump people. Right?

Go ahead and paint maga on all of the streets in America, it will only remind people that he hasn't and never will.

6 Likes Save    
HU-274840647

A lot of the streets around here would need serious repair before you paint a line down the middle, but I understand the nearby ‘fort’ is state of the art. Militarize America Gung-ho America.

1 Like Save    
HU-274840647

Did Trump ever wonder what was being protested and if there was an alternative way of dealing with it than whacking it. In the Godfather every problem was ‘solved’ by whacking someone, surely we have a better offer than that.

2 Likes Save    
bfox254

MAGA has sort of lost its luster, Look around at the state of the nation. Compare it to 3 1/2 years ago. Those red caps look silly now.

3 Likes Save    
Nana H

Trump may want to rethink he tactics on race relations. A new ABC poll finds that 67 % of Americans disapprove of Trump's handling of race relations. It is heartening to see the majority of Americans don't like his approach.

When you add this to the Covid issue , I swear he is deliberately trying to blow this election. He is even slipping on favourability on the economy. RCP average shows him below 50% approval.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/broad-disapproval-trumps-handling-coronavirus-race-relations-poll/story?id=71704889

Save    
barncatz

Black Lives Matter means what it says. It's not a complex phrase. Trump makes everything a competition.

3 Likes Save    
foodonastump

I just tried to add this to Kate’s thread but looks like it’s been deleted.

With NYC in crisis, de Blasio wastes time on stupid stunt baiting Trump

By Post Editorial Board

With the MTA fearing it will have to shut down whole subway lines, New York City itself facing tens of billions in red ink in the years ahead, shootings and homicides soaring, the city’s housing market collapsing and an ongoing pandemic that threatens to make Gotham suddenly a far less desirable place to live, Mayor Bill de Blasio took the time Thursday to … help paint a giant Black Lives Matter mural on the street outside Trump Tower.

What a fumbling fraud.

The stunt was somewhat original when DC Mayor Muriel Bowser did it near the White House a few weeks back. Copying it outside the president’s headquarters here is just a sad “me, too!”

It pretends to be an in-your-face to The Man — but de Blasio is The Man, too, occupying one of the most powerful elected offices in America. The only conceivable point here is to passive-aggressively accuse President Trump of racism.

The mayor is simultaneously (he says) still hoping for a bailout to the tune of several billion from the federal government led by the guy he’s so publicly insulting. But that’s almost the least of it.

Black lives are being ended daily now in this city, thanks to the crime wave. De Blasio plainly has no clue how to stop it, or at least no will to take the lead in reversing the tide.

And for his featured co-star in his painting stunt, he opts to invite the Rev. Al Sharpton — a lifelong purveyor of racial division who himself stands silent about the murder mayhem in the city’s black neighborhoods.

Most pathetic of all, none of this will win the mayor points with the people he’s desperate to please: They’re still mad at him for not defunding the NYPD, and even (mildly) defending it in the face of the recent riots.

It’s no wonder de Blasio is now heckled from the left and right: New Yorkers across the spectrum see that his every move is nothing more than a self-serving stunt.

2 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

Thanks for sharing that editorial, FOAS.

I've heard there are calls to recall him, but haven't followed up on if that is happening.

Save    
Nana H

De Balsio is a jerk and that's not a new opinion of mine.

1 Like Save    
Ann

"Trump may want to rethink he tactics on race relations. A new ABC poll finds that 67 % of Americans disapprove of Trump's handling of race relations."

I've found polling to be lacking in general lately. Just today I was looking at RCP at swing states, one by one. While in many of these states, there were a number of polls from different pollsters throughout the month of June (about 5-7 polls in each state for June), July has virtually no activity so far and we're already to the 10th. I would have expected polling to be picking up rather than slowing down.

Save    
Nana H

I'm not sure anymore what the RCP criteria is for including polls but there are several battleground State polls in July on 538 and they are not weighted like their average approval polls are.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Food (and others who were wondering)--I deleted my own thread about de Blasio painting BLM in front of Trump Towers because someone else already had a thread on that topic posted earlier. I saw no point in duplicating it.

Kate

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

FOAS - thanks - I thought it was BLM that you were referring to.

Guess left to hoping that Trump Supporters paint it then. That will be interesting.

Save    
HU-274840647

Can you do that Kate? There was a thread about black privilege that has disappeared is that what happened to it?

Save    
Stars Inthesky

That long editorial that was quoted is from the new york post, a rag of a right wing paper, suitable for lining the kitty litter box

Save    
foodonastump

Yes it is, SITS, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Save    
haydayhayday

Stars:

"That long editorial that was quoted is from the new york post, a rag of a right wing paper, suitable for lining the kitty litter box"

Now that you got that out of the way, is there anything you disagree with about the opinion, itself?

I'd love to hear how anyone imagines this is going to be doing one bit of good.

For anyone who cares about "good".

Show me.

Hay

1 Like Save    
haydayhayday

Ann:

"Does anyone here who is anti-Trump have an opinion about Ari's tweet? "

I think part of the reason you don't hear too much from that group...the largest group on this forum.....is that, even if you hate Trump, it's hard to defend what de Blassio did when this is all you got:

dee:

"But it's a-okay for pissant Trump to bully others and ugly name-call just to irritate?"

Toby:

"Does Ari Fleischer speak up when Republicans "poison our politics"? If not, he could start by working on his own integrity."

Stars:

"That long editorial that was quoted is from the new york post, a rag of a right wing paper, suitable for lining the kitty litter box"

Miss Lindsey:

"Speaking of affixing a symbol of hate to New York’s greatest street:

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters.""

Hay

1 Like Save    
jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

I just saw this:

Some members of the central park five were also said to have helped paint the mural, NBC New York reporter Myles N Miller reported.

3 Likes Save    
haydayhayday

When your best defense is that Trump is worse, you've lost the debate.

Hay

2 Likes Save    
lurker111

Did Trump ever wonder what was being protested and if there was an alternative way of dealing with it than whacking it.

Is that a question? :^)

Save    
Stars Inthesky

Food, thanks for agreeing with me that the new york post is a rag.

To Hay, since I don’t read right wing trash I won’t read that editorial

Save    
Stars Inthesky

There was also a father of a ny man who was killed by police at the painting of the BLM mural. He was overcome by emotion and stated that this mural is for all those unjustly killed.

2 Likes Save    
haydayhayday

Stars:

"To Hay, since I don’t read right wing trash I won’t read that editorial"

Fine with me.

Now I know.

Hay

2 Likes Save    
Stars Inthesky

I didn’t think there was any confusion. I told you the ny post was best used in the cat’s litter box!

Save    
haydayhayday

Enjoy yourself, Stars.

Have fun.

Bye.

Hay

1 Like Save    
lurker111

NY Post is too liberal for me. I agree, it's trash.

Save    
HU-274840647

So the answer to y question is no 111?

Save    

I neither know no care how de Blasio spends his time in office. He’s not my elected representative. If his constituents don’t like this move they’ll hold him accountable.

Yeah New York is a big city and has influence but that doesn’t mean I have to care what its mayor does on a Friday night.

Save    
lurker111

So the answer to y question is no 111?

Did Trump ever wonder what was being protested and if there was an alternative way of dealing with it than whacking it???

Gosh, I just don't know. I'm so lost on all of this. BLM protests are supposed to be about police brutality against black people in democrat cities, but they scream obscenities against our president, like he has anything to do with it, and even strongly spoke out and acted against it. I'm almost as confused as the left is, at this point. I don't know what they're destroying their cities for.

3 Likes Save    
haydayhayday

Good bye, NYC?

People are leaving NYC.

I see it firsthand.

Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there

"A scared, angry little man who never got a break. Now he has everything he's ever wanted – and he's going to have to live with it for eternity – in The Twilight Zone."

It's all yours.

Goodbye Broadway. Goodbye Fifth Avenue.

Hello, Detroit.

Hello, Chicago.

Hay

2 Likes Save    
jmm1837

Sitting here watching the Aussie news on de Blasio and the BLM sign, my reaction was that his behavior was petty and shallow. I have no issue with criticism of it. But what di Blasio does or doesn't do is less significant than what the President does: di Blasio is a bit player, while Trump is the lead actor. The US has a long standing history of racial division, and Trump is inflaming it rather than trying to heal it. The argument isn't about comparing Trump with di Blasio, it's about comparing what Trump is doing with what he should be doing if he wants to narrow that divide.

5 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

People that don't live on this country with black and whites have no idea about racism here, they only know what they hear from the media, confirming their own bias and what they want to believe.

Come live in Atlanta, Georgia, Memphis, Tennessee, Jackson Mississippi for a year each. Watch people interact, watch behavior, watch how people treat one another the same--of all races. You'll have to look a long time for evidence to back up the lies.

2 Likes Save    
jmm1837

"You'll have to look a long time for evidence to back up the lies."

Actually, all I have to do is look at some of the comments on HT.

2 Likes Save    
Stan Areted

"I see dead people.

They only see what they want to see.

They don't know they're dead.

They're everywhere."

--M. Night Shyamalan 1999 The Sixth Sense

Yep.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular Three Magic Words for a Clean Home and a Better Life
Not a natural tidying and organizing whiz? Take hope in one short phrase that can change your life forever
Full Story
Holidays Houzz Call: Share Your Personal Holiday Traditions
What winter rituals mean the most to you and yours? Post your stories and pictures
Full Story
Housekeeping Three More Magic Words to Help the Housekeeping Get Done
As a follow-up to "How about now?" these three words can help you check more chores off your list
Full Story