SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dawn_miller9

want to recover furniture. What colors?

Dawn Miller
3 years ago

I’m moving into my first non-rental in 8 years! I have great furniture that I bought 8 years ago, but everyday kid wear and tear plus cats has left it needing a refresh. My new home has defined yet open spaces between kitchen and family and family and sunroom. The floors will be black hardwood throughout. Kitchen cabs (visible from family room) will be dix blue. Countertops white quartz with black and gray veining. Walls are coming as is in SW agreeable gray.

Pic 1: my current front room. Not redoing this, just an example of my style. It’s a rental so walls color not my choice.

Pics 2-3: the flow between rooms

Pic 4: furniture I want to recover. I love the green-y blue color of the arm chairs, but my old cats scratched it.

Pic 5: the couch for the sunroom. It’s Restoration Hardware and normally is in my bedroom’s sitting room, but it will be in the sunroom that opens to family room in new house. Not recovering. How do I make this room work with my more modern pieces?

Pic 6: what i envision the sunroom looking like.

Sooo...I’m hooked on using greeny blues, black, navy, light gray (and the random oatmeal RH sofa) with some neutral woods/leather. Too much?

What color for the family room sofa and chairs?

Comments (7)