The right's darling, Tucker, calls disabled vet moron & coward.

deegw

This has been referenced in other threads, it deserves its own.

The Democratic senator and Iraq war veteran Tammy Duckworth, who won the Purple Heart medal after losing her legs during combat operations in 2004 as a helicopter pilot, has been targeted in an apparent smear campaign from leading Fox News host Tucker Carlson, who labeled her a “coward” during a segment on his show on Tuesday evening.

The host argued Duckworth “hates the country”, labeled her a “moron” and “a fraud”.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/jul/08/tucker-carlson-tammy-duckworth-fox-news-attack

SaveComment57Like1
Comments (57)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Nana H

A purple heart vetran who lost both legs in combat is a coward who hates America? No doubt the bobble heads are bobbling. Tell me again who the haters are?

13 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw(07)

It is hard to believe that he can get away with making such a statement.

This is similar to Trump on McCain

10 Likes Save    
batyabeth

get away with it? His boss gets away with such statements all the time and it endears him to his supporters, so why shouldn't tucker do the same? It's how they roll, and never mind the dissconnnect of calling a veteran a coward. The logic isn't there, but no matter. They really don't care if it stands up to logic, or scrutiny of fact, or even truth. They just get away with it because their listeners and donators and supporters lap it up, then go that final step off the cliff and believe it.

8 Likes Save    
clearwaters

Tammy is a strong contender for VP. Of course, the feeble minded have to tear her down. They can't meet her on an even basis intellectualy. Sixth-grade name calling is their only defense.

14 Likes Save    
vedabeeps

Now we know where “they hate America” comes from- just parroting Fox again.

8 Likes Save    
deegw

There are stupid and immature outliers on both sides who say outrageous things. Trump and Carlson are not outliers. If you are a supporter and keep mum when they bully and lie and name call, you are supporting it.

10 Likes Save    
Lulu Smith

it's impossible to run or say anything against Duckworth. if she leans back she'll crush her wings and her halo will tip.

Save    
jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

Tucker Carson is a despicable person. It has to make republicans very uncomfortable that he is disparaging Duckworth in this manner.

8 Likes Save    
sheesh(5b)

Give it a try, lulu. What don't you like about her?

2 Likes Save    
deegw

Lulu Smith

it's impossible to run or say anything against Duckworth. if she leans back she'll crush her wings and her halo will tip.

-----------

Really? I think it's entirely possible for a mature adults to disagree without resorting to name-calling. YMMV

15 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

19 Likes Save    
Toby

In the past when Fox commentators said stuff like this, they went on a "planned" vacation. Will Fox have the integrity to send Carlson on vacation or is he too big of a Fox personality?

2 Likes Save    
Gizmo

Lulu Smith

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

In other words....you got nothing but insults.

Just think when Trump leans back, he has to move his tail, his hooves leave indents in the floor, his claws scratch the desk... and you can't enter the Oval Office w/o a gas-mask because of the smell of sulfur.

16 Likes Save    
Lulu Smith

"Just think when Trump leans back, he has to move his tail, his hooves leave indents in the floor, his claws scratch the desk... and you can't enter the Oval Office w/o a gas-mask because of the smell of sulfur."

1 Like Save    
deegw

Toby, it's all about ad revenue. He's losing sponsors but people are watching. I wonder if more sponsors will depart after this latest hate-filled rant.

1 Like Save    
Nana H

It' s hard to imagine so many cling to this hateful persons every word. Evidently some even "pvr" him for fear they will miss a word. Empty heads needing a daily refill ?

3 Likes Save    
elvis

I cringe when the talking heads do that sort of thing, I definitely disapprove of that behavior in any of them.

14 Likes Save    
Olychick

I was thinking she'd be ONE woman (or man) who could be considered for office that wouldn't be the victim of a rw name calling, baseless smear campaign. I mean the "patriots" love the veterans, right? And a wounded vet who is now serving her country in another capacity. And a smart, articulate person; like what could they possibly insult?

The deplorability is really beyond the pale.

20 Likes Save    
Gizmo

Lulu Smith

"Just
think when Trump leans back, he has to move his tail, his hooves leave
indents in the floor, his claws scratch the desk... and you can't enter
the Oval Office w/o a gas-mask because of the smell of sulfur."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Trump's just write themselves.

Difference, I've posted my objections to & about Trump in other posts or threads for quite awhile....you just replied to the one about Duckworth with an insult and have offered nothing,

#No cred!

3 Likes Save    
graywings123(7)

Tucker Carlson's comments about Tammy DUckworth made him sound thirsty.

(Google it in the urban dictionary if you don't get it.)

Save    
dandyfopp

Save    
Lulu Smith

It' s hard to imagine so many cling to this hateful persons every word. Evidently some even "pvr" him for fear they will miss a word. Empty heads needing a daily refill

The deplorability is really beyond the pale.

Save    
blfenton

The problem is,” Carlson said, “there are many of us here who do like this country, we live here, we don’t want to destroy it. We have every right to fight to preserve our nation and our heritage and our culture.” - OP link

I don't get comment like this. Just because one wants to grow a society through acceptance of those who are different doesn't mean you want to destroy it. And what heritage and culture is he talking about - the one from 1776?

4 Likes Save    
Nana H

"The problem is,” Carlson said, “there are many of us here who do like this country, we live here, we don’t want to destroy it."

We hear that message repeated here daily. Tucker sure does have a devout following.

4 Likes Save    
Olychick

Yep, let's keep the white people in charge of everything! Not so difficult to interpret what he means.

Nice that you agree lulu that carlson is a hateful person who the deplorables cling to.

9 Likes Save    
kadefol

Tucker carlson gets paid for spewing hateful rhetoric and he has zero decency.

6 Likes Save    
Lulu Smith

"Nice that you agree lulu that carlson is a hateful person who the deplorables cling to."

You have no idea to whom I was referring and whose empty head needs refilling.

Save    
Iris GW

Colonists went to WAR in the 1770's against the King of England - what about all those people who just wanted to maintain the status quo then?

1 Like Save    
Joaniepoanie

Oh, were you referring to trump, lulu?

6 Likes Save    
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,others)(8a)

Lulu Smith

1 hour ago

It' s hard to imagine so many cling to this hateful persons every word. Evidently some even "pvr" him for fear they will miss a word. Empty heads needing a daily refill

———

What hateful person are you referring to Lulu?

I’m interested to hear your criticisms of Ms Duckworth too.

1 Like Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

tucker once again proving Jon Stewart was so right about him.

7 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

So, it was ok for Duckworth to go on CNN and claim that Trump was defending the confederacy in his Mt. Rushmore speech which was a total lie. But not ok for her to be called out for it because she is a wounded vet. You would fry Flynn in a minute though he spent 33 years defending this country. The hypocrisy is so rich.

Save    
Iris GW

He wasn't defending the confederacy in his speech, mrskjun?

Just the confederate flag, I guess. One is not a symbol for the other...?

10 Likes Save    
kadefol

mrskjun(9)

So, it was ok for Duckworth to go on CNN and claim that Trump was defending the confederacy in his Mt. Rushmore speech which was a total lie.

Trump was, and is, defending the confederacy. And his speech at Mount Rushmore was shameful. His supporters need to stop defending his bigotry.

7 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

“So, it was ok for Duckworth to go on CNN and claim that Trump was defending the confederacy in his Mt. Rushmore speech which was a total lie.”

Really? He’s ratcheted up his racist talk since 2016. The speech was as dark and ugly as his Inaugural speech. And he’s shown, in so many ways, he cares more about old statues and flags symbolic of our history of racism than he does the citizens of today.

7 Likes Save    
roobear

Not a fan of Duckworth, but am appreciative of her service. I don't understand her wanting to block promotions of military members as a threat or hostage for information from the Pentagon regarding Vindman's retirement. Why punish military members that have nothing to do with the Vindman situation?

Save    
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,others)(8a)

“So, it was ok for Duckworth to go on CNN and claim that Trump was defending the confederacy in his Mt. Rushmore speech which was a total lie. But not ok for her to be called out for it because she is a wounded vet.”

Yes, it was OK for her to go on any news program at all and provide her analysis of Donald’s speech. That is her First Amendment right.

It is perfectly OK for her to be refuted on that analysis using evidence from his speech and any other relevant documents/tweets/statements.

What is objectionable is name calling and character assassination.

12 Likes Save    
olychick

So the rw posters think it’s ok for carlson to call this woman a moron? I mean he really should be easily able to recognize a moron since he supports one in the wh, but Duckworth is not that.

1 Like Save    
Nana H

I hope Tucker pays a price for this one. Surely there is a red line for decency even at Fox. To call a purple heart, double amputee, veteran a coward is something every American should find unacceptable.

Don't like what she said as a Congressperson about Trump's speech, fine call her out for that but to call her a moron and a coward is truly deplorable.

12 Likes Save    
bfox254

For a skilled commentator or political analyst, it should be pretty easy to critique her comments or her positions without resorting to questioning her patriotism or love of country. Why when someone takes a position or makes a comment you don't agree with do they suddenly "hate America"? It's become an overused right wing sound bite. .

10 Likes Save    
lurker111

I think her decision to join the military speaks to her intelligence. I
don't know or care who she is, she sounds like your average
propagandist. I guess she has nothing else to offer.

1 Like Save    
abzzybee(9/10 S. Florida)

That's the best you got Lurker? Disparaging the military at large?

6 Likes Save    
deegw

I think her decision to join the military speaks to her intelligence. I
don't know or care who she is, she sounds like your average
propagandist. I guess she has nothing else to offer.

--------------------------------

I know lots of stupid helicopter pilots with a family history of serving in the military and have a MA in international affairs and a Ph.D. Don't you? /s

7 Likes Save    
Stars Inthesky

tucker carlson is a sniveling excuse for a man, go crawl back under your rock

1 Like Save    
graywings123(7)

He's a Trump wanna-be. He thinks he can emulate Trump and be his successor, but it's not going to work.

Save    
terrene(5b MA)

What an amazing woman. If I lost both my legs I'd probably give up.

She can clearly hold her own, as she put Trump in his place.

In January 2018, following a federal government shut down after the Senate could not agree on a funding bill, Duckworth responded to President Trump's accusations that the Democrats were putting "unlawful immigrants" ahead of the military:

"I spent my entire adult life looking out for the well-being, the training, the equipping of the troops for whom I was responsible. Sadly, this is something that the current occupant of the Oval Office does not seem to care to do — and I will not be lectured about what our military needs by a five-deferment draft dodger. And I have a message for Cadet Bone Spurs: If you cared about our military, you'd stop baiting Kim Jong Un into a war that could put 85,000 American troops, and millions of innocent civilians, in danger."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tammy_Duckworth

Save    
lurker111

That's the best you got Lurker? Disparaging the military at large?

I'm 100% anti-war. I always have been. Would you like to read the words to one of my songs?

I know lots of stupid helicopter pilots with a family history of serving in the military

I knew one. She died in a training exercise...So they say.

1 Like Save    
bleusblue2

Lulu Smith

~~~

What would be a fair criticism of Duckworth? How about this -- coward and hates America. Why would you even enter this topic with a statement like that -- her "halo" her "wings" -- Don't answer that!

1 Like Save    
bleusblue2

Nana H

I hope Tucker pays a price for this one. Surely there is a red line for decency even at Fox. To call a purple heart, double amputee, veteran a coward is something every American should find unacceptable.

~~~

(my bolding) Can anybody here say that they find it acceptable. Why does it fall to the "left" here on this forum to be unanimously opposed to call a veteran "anti American" and a "coward." ???? Why is it ONLY the left on this forum that says, unanimously, it is unacceptable to call a veteran "anti American" and a "coward"?

4 Likes Save    
Nana H

bleusblue, I have come to understand that most of the core Trump supporters like this type of talk as it lines up with their own personal values. It's exactly why Tucker talks the way he does. They love it!

I also believe there are some who think this was wrong but feel that admitting it would somehow give the liberals a win. Quite silly in my view.

In all fairness though Elvis did come out against these hateful comments.

2 Likes Save    
Moxie(Z4 St. Paul, MN)

Mr. Carlson never served in the military, so his insults to a disable vereran are especially egregious. I do wish someone would put a parachute on him and drop him over Iraq or Afganistan so that he could get a more realistic perspective on the word "coward." (I come from a military family. I have no tolerance for the likes Mr. Carlson.)

5 Likes Save    
bleusblue2

Nana H

bleusblue, I have come to understand that most of the core Trump supporters like this type of talk as it lines up with their own personal values. It's exactly why Tucker talks the way he does. They love it!

I also believe there are some who think this was wrong but feel that admitting it would somehow give the liberals a win. Quite silly in my view.

In all fairness though Elvis did come out against these hateful comments.

~~~~

That's true -- and it should be unanimous.

Save    
Nana H

"and it should be unanimous"

Never, ever going to be . His base are not offended by this type of language they love it!

Save    
Gizmo

View what D-bag Tucker is doing is taking a page out of Karl Rove's playbook-- attacking the person's strengths:

Tactic #2: Attack Your Opponent’s Strengths According to conventional wisdom, the first objective of a political campaign is tocall attention to the weaknesses of your opponent. However, Rove’s tactic of attacking an opponent’s strengths forces his opponent to back away from the very qualities that makes
him/her an attractive candidate. To illustrate, during the 2004presidential race, John Kerry, a decorated military hero, opposed Bush, who faced serious questions about his own military record.Consequently, Bush’s surrogates (see Tactic # 11) raised questions about Kerry’s status as a war hero, so that his service in Viet Nam diverted attention from the issues Kerry wanted to raise.

https://crazyusaelections.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/karl-rove.pdf

Save    
chisue

How will we ever deprogram these Trump Cultists? How did they develop in our nation in the first place -- even before Betsy De Vos?

2 Likes Save    
blfenton

The head writer for Tucker Carlson, Blake Neff, just resigned. He had been making racist remarks on an online forum

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/10/media/tucker-carlson-writer-blake-neff/index.html

Save    
deegw

The head writer for Carlson is a grotesque racist pig? Shocking. /s

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Pets So You're Thinking About Getting a Dog
Prepare yourself for the realities of training, cost and the impact that lovable pooch might have on your house
Full Story
Decluttering 9 Exit Strategies for Your Clutter
How to efficiently — and regularly — rid your home of the things you don’t want
Full Story