SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_932599409

Seeking solution for weed & erosion control

Space Seed
3 years ago

Pictured here is the terminus of my property at the rear; a solemn, ugly strip of depleted powdery clay approximately 40 feet long at the curb, and just for giggles, measuring an average of 44% gradient. An overlooked, unwanted piece of the bundle of joy that is my home, this area could not be more useless to me if it tried: it takes a quick drive or 10 minute walk to reach and is only visible from the backyard if one walks up to the retaining wall above. Yet, it is my responsibility to maintain it and keep it clear of the seasonal onslaughts of aggressive weeds and fast growing trees. The barren land you see here represents many hours of work, and many cubic yards of waste. Besides being a fire hazard and an eyesore when neglected, it is an invitation to the city whenever they get revenue hungry to issue a citation. I am quite over it. I want to cover this land with something that stops the weeds without allowing erosion. I'm leaning towards tacking down strips of landscape fabric and covering with mulch, bark or gravel. The challenge here is the steep gradient. If anyone has tips on making that idea work, or has a completely different idea, I am all ears. Thank you in advance!

Comments (6)