Maybe it *is* the apocalypse

miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,others)(8a)

“Kanye West is an artist, producer, record label executive and fashion designer, but that’s apparently not enough for the multi-hyphenate. Now, the hip-hop powerhouse is looking to add another job to his ever-expanding resume: politician.

The rapper took to Twitter on America’s birthday (July 4) to officially announce he is running for the highest office in the land. The superstar began his message by writing, “We must now realize the promise of America by trusting God, unifying our vision and building our future,” and he quickly got straight to the point by stating quite plainly, “I am running for president of the United States!””

Source is Forbes, I’ll have to post the link in the comments as I cannot add it here.

SaveComment27Like
Comments (27)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Save    
Lars(Z11a (coastal L.A.) and Z9a (desert))

Thanks for the laugh.

7 Likes Save     Thanked by miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,others)

Well at least he’s created more wealth than he’s lost so he’s one up on the Donald there.

11 Likes Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

Everyone's gonna have some fun with this, I can tell...

1 Like Save     Thanked by miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,others)
maifleur03

Wondering who he would draw the most votes from. Somehow I do not think it is Trump.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,others)
blfenton

And he's only been married once and he actually does charity and philanthropy work that benefits others.

Izzy Mn(4)

I'm pretty sure Kanye is bipolar. But that's still better than being a sociopath/psychopath like what's in the White House now.

Anyone but Trump in 2020??

3 Likes Save     Thanked by miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,others)
jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

When I saw your headline, MissL, I thought it was going to be about the brain-eating bacteria that just infected someone in Florida.

Now that I think of it.......

3 Likes Save     Thanked by miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,others)

Oh gosh jerzeegirl I don’t even want to know...

Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

I thought this thread was going to comment on the increase in firecrackers since the pandemic stay-home orders.

My neighborhood has been firecracker happy since mid-May, and now sounds as if the apocalypse were indeed upon us.

No public fireworks this 4th of July in Los Angeles County due to Covid-19, and Venice seems determined to light enough firecrackers to make up for the entire loss in the county.

Nancy, my brother Kevin said Wthat he has been hearing fireworks in Westchester for the entire month of June. I was in Cathedral City (an we both are now), and so I missed it. I do hear fireworks tonight, but not all that much. Kevin said they kept him up at night.

Save     Thanked by miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,others)
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

Just firecrackers nancy? You are lucky. We are surrounded by people setting off fireworks, and the noise and lights have been going on for hours now. I expect them to continue off and on throughout the night since random booms have been happening until 2am for weeks now. Such considerate neighbors. /s

gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

Kanye? He is just an attention hound. I don't follow him, but I do recall him saying he is bipolar and prefers to not take his meds. Is it this year he is running, or 2024? If this, I guess it is fine if he wants to steal trump's votes. lol

Last night there were intermittent explosions until around 1:30 AM.

Usually they drop off between midnight to a little after 1:00 AM.

I have no idea when the explosions will end tonight. Those closest to me have stopped; the noise is now coming from west of me -- it's continuous.

People dropped a lot of money buying that many cherry bombs, M80s, etc.

Or else are making their own.

I take that back; explosions near me are still happening. Must have taken a beer break.

Just firecrackers

Fireworks as well, but the cherry bombs and M80s are noisier and really echo through the neighborhood.

gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

nancy, I don't know fireworks by name, but some of these shoot at least 40' feet in the air, occasionally with multiples (repeating) rockets, and are loud enough to have the vibrations felt while we are inside our house.

It's now 1:15 AM and no sign of slowing down with the firecrackers.

shoot at least 40' feet in the air

The lots are small in my area, originally designed for beach cottages, so maybe lack of space has spared us the firework geysers -- along with neighbors with at least some amount of sense.

Bookwoman(7a PA)
maifleur03

Currently this area is under an air advisory because of the amount of particles from last night that are still in the air. I kept wondering at the cost of the fireworks and how many of the people setting them off put their rent and other debts in abeyance. Their money, their debt and they can live with the consequences.

Back to the OP. I know people who would vote for him simply because they see him in videos. There are some that will vote for him simply because he is Black. Others because they perceive him as being younger than either of the two main candidates. Anyone is welcome to run for President as long as they are over 35 but I do wonder how much is his disease, building a base, arrogance, or to simply divert votes so that Trump will again win because of a repeat of last election.

sjerin

"I hope the entire country looks like this when Trump is sent packing."

What a great comment on that video tweet, Bookwoman!

It was pretty quiet in Palm Springs last night, and so I guess they canceled their annual fireworks.

Kevin told me that he found cardboard shells from fireworks in both our front and back yards in Westchester, and that was back in June.

A friend in Oakland told me yesterday that it has been very noisy there and might even rival Los Angeles.

Bookwoman, thank you for the link to the video.

Regarding fireworks/firecrackers -- Los Angeles is a city of scofflaws, just as with speed limits on our streets and freeways.

Things quieted down here around 2:30 this morning and I was able to fall asleep . . . only to be awakened at 3:30 by a nearby KABOOM.

KarenS, NYC

So let's see,

a Bipolar who doesn't take his meds for President (& seems to have a bit of a G_d complex)

w/ a wife who made her 'career' off a sex tape.

Gee wiz, talk about Presidential qualifications!

/s

Miss Lindsay: Definitely the apocalypse - Now a case of bubonic plague was discovered in Inner Mongolia. Who had buboinic plague on their bingo card?

lurker111

The bubonic plague still exists in America.

Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Kanye West is a planted distraction.

I wonder what SCOTUS rulings are about to come out.

Just saw this:

Kanye West's Yeezy company received between $2 to $5 million through the Paycheck Protection Program.
A rep for West did not immediately reply to a request for comment concerning the PPP loan.

His net worth is $1.3 billion.

Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Fun Houzz How to Survive an Epidemic of Walking Dead
Tips to use around the house and garden to prep for the zombie apocalypse
Full Story
Kitchen Storage Love Cookbooks? You’ll Like These Mini Kitchen Libraries
In cabinets, nooks and niches, new and dog-eared cookbooks keep their place in today’s digital world
Full Story
Farm Your Yard 14 Crazy Places to Grow Edibles
Some Houzzers may lack ground for gardening, but they’re never short on imagination
Full Story