SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tammyandrob

Kitchen - Reno Dilemma

tammyandrob
3 years ago

We are renovating the entire main floor of our 1980’s 2 storey home. We have found that the original layout just didn’t work well for us from an efficiency standpoint as well as the rooms were small and the layout seemed disjointed.

I am really struggling with the kitchen, specifically where the range is. Should it be centred on the wall? I asked for an additional cabinet to be added so we could balance the range but it didn’t look right and used up a lot of precious counter space.

One of cabinets further down the wall is a Larder which will house our appliances. We do have a butler pantry and will have a lot of storage.

My questions are:

1. Does the original layout look ok with the range and range hood centered around the lower cabinets? Do the floating shelves on the far side help to add some balance?

2. Consider adding uppers that don’t go all the way down to the counter, eliminate one of the cabinets at the far end and keep just one as a larder? Would that look odd?

3. I am open to all ideas and wisdom from this amazing community! Thank you so much for your help!

Comments (11)