Please help with decorating this guest room/office

ad16

walls are Navaho white (SW). Carpet is deep forest green....curtains..green Desk is a light oak color , while headboard and chest are deeper pecan. With white. I would like a boho look....but not sure where to go with this? comforter is pale mint green...pillow accent with burnt orange....HELP. Having guests soon. The mirror is a wood frame that is in shades of alll colors in the room. Green beige and the whites.....but think its too high to hang over chest ?? Wanted to hang beside desk ? Thoughts on how to accent this room and make it comfy, please

SaveComment9Like
Comments (9)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jck910

A picture of the entire room in 1 photo would help.

1 Like Save    
claire larece
Save    
claire larece

In this mood board I gave you a patterned curtain to give the space a lighter look and a rattan headboard to accent the bed, blue throw pillows and wall to have that minimal bohemian vibe

Save     Thanked by ad16
ad16

The room measures approximately 12x13 I took a few additional photos, hopefully will help . The high top chairs are coming out ....THANKS!!!

Save    
acm

right off the bat, I have to say that the wall color and the bedspread color are at war. I'd find something simple, maybe a cream or a more overt olive color. and I think you need art over the headboard.

but for now, just hang the mirror over the chest and put out some towels. the guests are there to see *you* not to critique your decor! :))

1 Like Save    
Theresa Janssen

maybe consider moving mirror over the desk and use the desk as a place your guests can use for makeup, kinda a dressing area, needs a cute small bench to go under the desk and can be pulled out when needed. add a cute basket with some toiletries in it for guests. the rooms needs some lamps and art for some coziness. lamp on bedside table, tall dresser and perhaps the desk too. I would add a textural blanket at the end of the bed.

1 Like Save    
Theresa Janssen

I thought this was a very boho inspired stool that you could use as a jumping off point for other features in the room... new accent pillows, new duvet, art...

Save    
Theresa Janssen

some thoughts on table lamps that have that boho feeling

Save    
Theresa Janssen

some fun pillows to coordinate with stool and lamps

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Product Picks Guest Picks: Help Your Home Blossom With Floral Decor
Sprinkle hints of spring around your rooms with fabrics, wall coverings and more that recall nature's charms
Full Story
Product Picks Guest Picks: Hot Air Balloons Help Decor Soar
Flying onto wallpaper, pillows, lighting and more, hot air balloons lift rooms up, up and away
Full Story
Product Picks Guest Picks: 20 Decor Pieces to Pull a Room Together
Use these rugs, pillows, holders and other pieces to give your rooms a finished look
Full Story