SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skaneatelesny

The best way to restain kitchen cabinets

C H
3 years ago

Most of the cabinets are in good shape and would do just fine with some Old English oil, but a few of the cabinets are worn around the nobs so the coloring is different (we will replace the nobs). Also, some of the cabinets are discolored with blotches and streakes that I can't seem to clean off. If i used Old English on it, it won't get rid them..it will just be shiny. The 1st picture is a cabinet I used Old English on...looks good but you can see where it is worn around where the knob was. I am not looking to spend a lot of money or a ton of time. Should I sand and re-stain those drawers that are less uniformed? If I do that, do you think they will turn out like the top cabinets (3rd picture?) which are in better shape? The 2nd picture is 1 of the bottom cabinets in not great shape... So....If is sand and restain the cabinets in less good shape (picture 2)...do you think I will get them to look more like picture 3? Or do I just deal with the imperfectiosn and use Old Enlish and replace nobs and move on??

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz