SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_583410390

Can you paint adjoining rooms two different shades of white?

HU-583410390
3 years ago

I am preparing to paint my entire living/dining/kitchen area. I have an open floor plan where the kitchen faces into the dining/living with a cased opening + peninsula. I want an all-white look, and my final contenders are BM Simply White and Cloud White. Initially, I wanted to pick one for the whole space, but while the kitchen would look great with the brightness of Simply White, the living room has an earthy red brick fireplace that looks much better with Cloud White. Because each room is visible from the other and are separated by only a cased opening and kitchen peninsula, would it be a mistake to paint the kitchen in Simply White and the living room in Cloud White? Within each room, I am planning to use the same color in semi-gloss for cabinets and trim and eggshell on walls. So essentially the kitchen would have semi-gloss Simply White cabinets and trim and Simply White eggshell walls, and the living room would have semi-gloss Cloud white trim and Cloud White eggshell walls. Is this a bad idea?

Comments (3)