Seems some have found the egress!

Annie Deighnaugh

A group of former George W. Bush administration officials has pledged to "engage and mobilize disenchanted GOP voters" through a new super PAC formed to elect Joe Biden to the White House.

The group — 43 Alumni for Biden, a reference to Bush, the 43rd president — described its formation as an effort to restore "the principles of unity, tolerance and compassion to the greatest elected office in the world."

"For four years, we have watched with grave concern as the party we loved has morphed into a cult of personality that little resembles the party of Lincoln and Reagan," said Karen Kirksey, the group's director.

"We endorse Joe Biden not necessarily in full support of his political agenda but rather in full agreement with the urgent need to restore the soul of this nation. Once elected, we look forward to working in a bipartisan way through civil, spirited debate on the many important issues facing Americans today and for decades to come." https://www.npr.org/2020/07/01/886346437/hundreds-of-former-bush-officials-unite-to-endorse-joe-biden

This in addition to the Lincoln Project and Republican Voters Against Trump.

Welcome! Welcome one and all into the light!

SaveComment113Like21
Comments (113)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Annie Deighnaugh

Latest from the Lincoln Project

4 Likes Save    
zmith

This is an interesting development within the Republican Party. I wonder if the talk about trump stepping down is due to pressure from Party Elites like Bush. I’m cautiously optimistic. On one hand I don’t want trump to resign, but on the other hand, is that the only way to prevent a rigged reelection or the expected nastiness if he isn’t re-elected?

2 Likes Save    
althea_gw

What a bunch of b.s..

1 Like Save    
soupgirl53

I an sure the Biden campaign welcomes their support.

3 Likes Save    
paprikash

I am sure the Biden campaign needs their support.

1 Like Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Not really.

7 Likes Save    
miss lindsey (She/Her)(8a)

zsmith that’s kind of a funny thought—

They could play a Trump on him and just send out a Tweet announcing that he resigned. Maybe he would go along with it!

20 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Good one, Lindsey!

Kate : )

6 Likes Save    
maifleur03

If Trump would leave office it would be interesting to see who the Republican party would pick for the Presidential candidates. I have never been a person who voted for a party so it I considered the new candidate a viable contender and not a Trump follower I might vote for the candidate.

1 Like Save    
sheesh(5b)

Maifleur, seriously? A new candidate would still be Republican and all that goes along with that. Not my values at all.

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

A new Republican contender could be a Trumper and be able to keep it well hidden with rhetoric. A smoother more palatable version.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

trump definitely needs a new schtick...this one of blaming others -- which means he's done it himself -- is getting really, really old.

26 Likes Save    
maifleur03

Here is a clue. If there are still enough old style Republicans to force Trump out they may insist that a non-trumper be the parties candidate. The people who actually run the party receive a lot of benefits both monetarily and social from it. By selecting a non-trumper they can decide to keep their privilege while promising a trumper in the next election. Some will not care but others do consider what backing Trump will do to their reputations.

It will all depend on what Trump does within the next month.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Maybe trump can go golfing and just be unreachable until after 1/20/2021...

2 Likes Save    
Olychick

I can't imagine him bowing to republican pressure...he doesn't care about them or the party. They are not his friends, not that he has any. Wouldn't the r's just push pence into the slot? I don't know which is scarier.

1 Like Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

If there are still enough old style Republicans....

When those old style republicans allowed trump to remain in power, they became trump republicans. The entire party has been corrupted. This isn't a water under the bridge thing. Not even close.

9 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Too bad those Republicans now deserting the sinking ship didn't acknowledge the obvious warnings in 2015-2016.

They still have a lot of explaining to do.

4 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

My gop DH wishes trump would just step down so the party has a chance at naming someone rational. I suggested that William Weld tried to become a gop alternate, but the party wouldn't have it. Heck I'd consider voting for Weld.

2 Likes Save    
sableincal

I not only considered voting for Weld, I did vote for him. On one ballet I checked his name, on another I wrote him in. Don't recall which was which. I'll do the same in this election unless someone more worthy appears on the horizon. I believe that Weld would be an excellent president. He simply doesn't have enough backing to run a true campaign. Pity.

Save    
lurker111

It didn't help hillary. lol That group of globalists is exactly what we don't want. Same people on both sides. Clean out your party.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh
6 Likes Save    
sheesh(5b)

Russia Russia Russia. It's real.

4 Likes Save    
barncatz

Whoah, annie - that VoteVets ad. The "pal around" line is excellent even though the whole thing makes me puke. RussiaRussiaRussian bounties and not.one.word.

3 Likes Save    
Kathy

Speaking of globalists. Trump siding with the dictators of the world is a global RWE movement. Gaslighting is Trump’s specialty.

4 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Worth looking back at this OP from 2017...and then think of all the things he's done for putin since...this guy has been working for the russians since day one.

https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/4671854/am-joy-on-trump-and-russia#n=146

5 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

So just off the top of my head, here are some of the things he's done for putin since the preceding post:

• put security for the US embassy in moscow into the hands of putin bud and former kgb guy
  • relinquished on some of the russian sanctions
  • pushing to get russia back in the g-7
  • pulling US troops out of germany
  • pulling back on funding for international organizations such as WHO and NATO
  • turned over all public announcements of his meetings with putin to russia and let's them announce them *all* first
  • took out the chief russian investigators in the FBI and other security agencies
  • gutted the state department making the US far less effective as a global leader and weakening US influence in the world
  • done nothing to block or stop russian interference in this election
  • sided with putin on the global stage over our own intelligence forces on russian interference in the US election
  • letting russia run rampant over syria including taking over US bases there
  • returned 2 "spy" operations in the US to russia after they were kicked out of them
  • opened the door for an oligarch to move is aluminum company into KY potentially compromising mc connell and his wife in the process
  • spread russian propaganda on things such as Ukraine, Poland and Montenegro
  • put a propagandist and conspiracy theory hawker in charge of the Voice of America, undercutting it as a voice for truth and freedom throughout the world
  • froze US aid to Ukraine for his personal political advantage with also benefited russia
  • for over a year refused to respond or even condemn the russian bounty to the taliban on US soldiers

....I'm sure there are more....

7 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Oh I missed a biggie! We had a highly placed informer in putin's inner sanctum who was completely unknown to putin but who was providing us with a lot of info including about what russia was doing to our election. trump outted him and so the CIA had to pull him out quickly before he was imprisoned and killed. Chalk a big favor up from trump to putin.

https://www.vox.com/2019/9/9/20856915/cnn-trump-russia-spy-putin-cia

5 Likes Save    
Kathy

Putin must really have something on Trump.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

He *owns* trump....not sure how or why, but I suspect he owes them lots of money and they have evidence of him laundering money for them.

3 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Welcome Chris Gibbs! He's found the egress!

3 Likes Save    
Iris GW

^^^ "No plan" ... yep.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Exactly...3 1/2 years, including 2 where gop controlled house and senate, and *no* replacement for obamacare. None. He only made a tweak which made it more expensive and covering fewer people...and of course, he's still in court trying to eliminate the whole thing....to be replaced with???

No plan.

4 Likes Save    
Iris GW

And what's our plan for immigration? Nothing except build a southern wall and hasn't done much of that.

Infrastructure? Nothing.

Trade? Mostly just tore things up.

4 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Welcome Paul Haney! He's found the egress!

4 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Welcome Katey Morse! She's found the egress!

3 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Welcome John Dudley and others! They've found the egress!

3 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

I love that an ex-trumper calls it a cult. Way to go Chris and Paul.

3 Likes Save    
Iris GW

Paul Haney: "Donald J Trump has broken my faith in the Republican party."

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Welcome Mayor Michael Taylor:

That’s Michael Taylor, mayor of Sterling Heights, Mich., pointing to his family in a tweet this week as reasons why he was preparing to cast his first-ever vote for a Democrat.

“I remember thinking this Trump thing is insane, but when it was down to him and Hillary, I kind of said, ‘Well, you are a Republican, and yeah he’s nuts, but maybe he’ll get better and you know he’s going to lower taxes,” he said. “I slowly talked myself into it. ‘He can’t seriously be this deranged once he gets in there,’ and he’s even more deranged now than I thought then. So, I take the blame.”

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/republican-mayor-and-former-trump-voter-explains-why-hes-about-to-cast-his-first-ever-vote-for-a-democrat-2020-03-10

No need to take the blame Mr. Taylor, just glad you've seen the light. Welcome!

3 Likes Save    
Iris GW

Wow.

‘He can’t seriously be this deranged once he gets in there,’ and he’s even more deranged now than I thought then. So, I take the blame.”

2 Likes Save    
terrene(5b MA)

Apparently, some members of the oldest generation are turning away from Trump, such as in Florida. Of course, the proof will be in the voting on 11/3/20.

In interviews with CNN's Jeff Zeleny, longtime Florida Republicans who voted for Donald Trump in 2016 admitted they have no intention of helping him stay in office when they vote in November.

With polls showing the president trailing in the all-important Sunshine State, where seniors preferred Trump over former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton by 21 points last election, the president now finds himself bleeding support from a demographic he desperately needs if he wants to stay in the Oval Office after the first of the year.

https://www.salon.com/2020/07/03/florida-trump-voters-lash-out-at-the-president-as-they-flee-the-gop-weve-got-to-get-a-new-guy_partner/

Save    
terrene(5b MA)

Speaking of which, my son had a couple of friends over this past weekend, and one mentioned that her Grandpa, an 85 year old lifelong Republican, was not going to vote for Trump in 2020. He won't vote for Biden either, so he is not going to vote at all.

I asked her what was it that made him come to that position. She said that she thinks all the lying that Trump does finally got to him.

2 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

^^^ His decoder ring broke on him? nyuk

2 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

terrene

It’s a shame grandpa won’t vote, isn’t it? I never got “I don’t like either candidate so I’m sitting home.” It’s that mentality that got us trump!

6 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Welcome DJ Laurentino!

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Welcome one and all!

It *is* OK to change your mind!

3 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

^^^ Good to hear the words "shame" and "guilt" coming from the mouths of 2016 trump voters. There's hope yet that the kool-aid is losing it's sweetness and flavor. These people are neither stupid nor deplorable, they were just taken in by a crooked con artist and now they see the light.

3 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Welcome Suzy! Welcome to the light!

3 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Welcome Monica, Marie, Scott, Albert, Eric and so many others. Welcome to the light!

https://rvat.org/#homePageStories

3 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

It’s so heartening to see so many people come to their senses.

4 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Welcome John Kasich into the light.

Former Republican Ohio Gov. John Kasich, an outspoken critic of President Donald Trump, is expected to speak on behalf of presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden at next month's Democratic National Convention, the Associated Press reported Monday. Source: USA Today

3 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

TX gop...some cracks letting the light in?

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Welcome Kelly! Welcome to the light. So glad you made it!

5 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

^^^ Kelly's Trumpvid-45 antibodies have kicked in! Heard immunity is right around the corner.

4 Likes Save    
chisue

Never forget that the GOP was happy to enable Trump. Until they have begun to see no *profit* in it.

4 Likes Save    
carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b(zone 9/10)

Can't recall who said it, but not voting for either party is not going to help anything - if you're truly opposed to this president, you need to vote him out.

10 Likes Save    
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23)

Reminds me so much of the religious fakers that, when it appears close to the time they will die, suddenly begin doing things they believe will "get them into heaven".

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute, which runs the 40th president’s library near Los Angeles, has demanded that President Trump and the Republican National Committee (RNC) quit raising campaign money by using Ronald Reagan’s name and likeness. Source: WaPo

4 Likes Save    
foodonastump

Can't recall who said it...

Coulda been anyone with half a brain. I’ve got no use for anyone who claims to oppose Trump’s presidency and then goes on to suggest they’ll abstain or vote third party.

3 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

4 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Welcome Steven G. Calabresi, co-founder of the Federalist Society.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/30/opinion/trump-delay-election-coronavirus.html?fbclid=IwAR2s22CaigOIRV7u6zHApKP-gVEpV3xoXFRxaRXTDJZcehxaZWhLQDkc_Bg

I have voted Republican in every presidential election since 1980, including voting for Donald Trump in 2016. I wrote op-eds and a law review article protesting what I believe was an unconstitutional investigation by Robert Mueller. I also wrote an op-ed opposing President Trump’s impeachment.

But I am frankly appalled by the president’s recent tweet seeking to postpone the November election. Until recently, I had taken as political hyperbole the Democrats’ assertion that President Trump is a fascist. But this latest tweet is fascistic and is itself grounds for the president’s immediate impeachment again by the House of Representatives and his removal from office by the Senate.

You've found the egress! Welcome to the light!

3 Likes Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

^^^ Glad he ran out of mulligans. Resident trumpsters, what's your excuse?

1 Like Save    
HamiltonGardener

Question:

Even if Trump wins, if the House and Senate go Democrat, wouldn’t that effectively make him just a figurehead?

2 Likes Save    
Nana H

Would that it were true, HG ! In terms of legislation, he would pretty much be a lame duck but would still have the military and foreign policy under his control as well as his penchant for EO's. He would also still have Barr as his AG so basically the federal legal system would be in his control .

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Hamilton: Even if Trump wins, if the House and Senate go Democrat, wouldn’t that effectively make him just a figurehead?

No, it wouldn't because trump would still:

• have the power of executive orders
  • have veto power as it's unlikely the congress would be able to come together enough to override his veto without a 2/3 majority
  • be in charge of the regulatory bodies such as the EPA (environment), the FDA (drugs), use of federal lands and so on.
  • be naming appointees to various positions or leaving positions vacant so the senate doesn't even have the opportunity to confirm anyone. By the use of vacancies he has, for example, effectively gutted the FEC...the federal election commission which needs a quorum to vote to fine for election law violations...effectively shielding himself from any enforcement. He has also used vacancies to effectively gut the state department making the US less effective in the world ... to putin's delight I'm sure.
  • be in charge of the military, so by using his executive power, he has called federal agents out to attack citizens in Portland and now other cities as well. Or most recently, pulling troops out of Germany...also to putin's delight, I'm sure.
  • run the justice dept with his sycophant wm. barr who has shown no problem with gutting key districts of prosecutors of integrity who are investigating trump&co to be replaced with sycophants who are willing to protect the president's henchman while going after his political enemies
  • naming supreme court justices and federal bench positions...especially with poor Ginsburg doing everything she can to hang on until we get a democratic president to appoint her replacement

And perhaps the most critical difference in power is the speed with which the president can operate vs. that of the congress' and courts' ability to stop him from whatever illegal action he's chosen. He has made his career on doing illegal things and tying it up in court for years as a way of avoiding consequences, allowing him to operate with impunity for a long time.

1 Like Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

Even out of power trump will still be major security risk. During his lame duck period our intel agencies should feed him bogus info which he can then pass along to his pal putin. Let's make trump our useful idiot for a change.

6 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Welcome Tom, Pat, Paul, Shawn, Cheves and others. Welcome to the light. So glad you found the egress!

Plenty of room for more!!

3 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Excellent vgkg! Though they might have trouble getting to him if he flees criminal justice by hightailing it to moscow...

Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

^^^ trump could be the first prez ever to wear an ankle bracelet.

4 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Welcome Jennifer's Mom! Welcome to the light! So glad you found the egress!

7 Likes Save    
leona_2008

^^^Love, love, love!!!

3 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Welcome Mark, welcome to the light. So glad you found the egress!

3 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Thank you Miles Taylor for telling us what we need to hear from your first hand experience as Chief of Staff at DHS under trump. Spread the word as more need to hear that trump is a threat to national security.

Welcome, Miles Taylor, welcome into the light. So glad you found the egress! Maybe your words will show others the way.

3 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

This is big:

A group of more than 70 former national security officials spanning the last four Republican administrations endorsed presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joseph R. Biden, arguing that President Trump is “dangerously unfit” to serve another term.

Among the group’s members include former National Security Agency and Central Intelligence Director Gen. Michael Hayden, former Deputy Secretary of State and Director of National Intelligence Amb. John Negroponte, and former CIA and FBI Director William Webster.

Four former Trump administration officials also signed the statement including former Department of Homeland Security Chief of Staff Miles Taylor, former DHS Assistant Secretary Elizabeth Neumann, former General Counsel of the Peace Corps Robert Shanks and former General Counsel of DHS John Mitnick.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/aug/20/73-former-republican-national-security-officials-e/

Welcome! Welcome to the light, all 73 of you. Your service and your open honesty about the threat trump presents to national security is most appreciated! So glad you found the egress!

5 Likes Save    
cattyles

Woot!

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Welcome Gov. Phil Scott of VT. So pleased to have you.

Republican Gov. Phil Scott of Vermont said Friday he will not be voting for President Trump in the 2020 White House race and would consider backing former Vice President Joe Biden, the Democratic Party’s nominee.

https://thehill.com/homenews/podcasts/513171-vermont-gop-governor-says-he-wont-vote-for-trump-would-consider-backing?fbclid=IwAR3BvTfixpv1N5w9M32KyOfK4obHwoB7q4x1I3iWmJtUDRGFu9hQLOv7_tI

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Welcome Jeff Flake! So glad you found your way to the egress. Welcome to the light!

NBC News

WASHINGTON — More than two-dozen former Republican members of Congress, including ex-Sen. Jeff Flake of Arizona, endorsed Joe Biden for president on Monday, hours ahead of the Republican National Convention....

Among the list of Republicans supporting Biden are Flake, former Sens. John Warner of Virginia and Gordon Humphrey of New Hampshire, and former Reps. Charlie Dent of Pennsylvania and Ray LaHood of Illinois, who also served as transportation secretary under former President Barack Obama....

Flake has spoken out against Trump since he served in the Senate, where he said that his fellow Republicans should push back against the president.

The announcement comes ahead of the GOP convention Monday and on the heels of the Democratic National Convention last week, where several Republicans endorsed Biden and delivered speeches explaining why. They included former Ohio Gov. John Kasich, former New Jersey Gov. Christine Todd Whitman, former eBay and Hewlett Packard CEO Meg Whitman and former Rep. Susan Molinari of New York, who is among those on the list the Biden campaign released Monday.

2 Likes Save    
Toby

Jeff Flake was never "in" so he didn't have to find his way out. Too bad he had to give up his Senate seat. I do wonder what will become of Republicans like him. I suppose they will go on voting for GOP candidates as long as they aren't Trumpian, and when they are, they'll vote Dem. But maybe non-Trumpian candidates are a thing of the past, leaving them no choice but to vote Dem.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Welcome Elizabeth Neumann. Welcome to the light. Delighted to have you. And thank you for the courage to share your voice.

1 Like Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

^^^ Good for her! She knows that America isn't more great than it was 4 years ago.

Save    
dandyfopp

It is heartening but its so very sad that it took them this long to stand up and speak out.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Welcome MommaT's Mom! Glad to have you!

3 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Welcome into the light Arnold! Glad to have you.

5 Likes Save    
foodonastump

Trying to decide on some merch. Wish the orange man shirt was blue based.

https://store.rvatpac.org/

2 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Still looks good though. And the yard sign.

Save    
foodonastump

Yeah. But on second thought orange man bad originated as anti-anti Trump so it could be misinterpreted. Prob go for face mask.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Neighbors of ours had a Biden sign in their yard which someone stole. They replaced it with a home made sign that said, "You may steal our sign, but you can't steal our vote."

6 Likes Save    
cattyles

I like the yard sign. I wish I lived around civilized people and could have one. Oh well, they can’t steal my vote either. ✊🏻

2 Likes Save    
Iris GW

Oh, Annie, that is priceless!

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Welcome to the light Cindy McCain! So glad you found the egress! I hope you bring many friends with you.

4 Likes Save    
sheesh(5b)

So happy she found it!

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Welcome former GOP reps! So glad you have found your way to the egress!

Former Reps. Charles Djou (R-HI), an Afghanistan war veteran, and Mickey Edwards (R-OK), a former chair of the American Conservative Union who served in Congress for 16 years until vacating his seat in 1993, have become the latest GOP supporters of Biden. Source: TPM

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson endorses Biden/Harris.

Welcome and please bring all your WWE friends with you!

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Welcome Marc Racicot, former Gov of Montana and former chair of the RNC, so glad you found the egress!

“I was embarrassed, that’s why I shut [the debate] off,” said Marc Racicot, the former Montana governor and chairman of the Republican National Committee under former President George W. Bush. “I thought it was a degradation.”

Alluding to Mr. Trump’s remarks about the Proud Boys, Mr. Racicot said the president offered comfort to racists that betrayed the moral leadership responsibilities of his office.

He said he knew he could not support Mr. Trump but had recently decided to vote for Mr. Biden.

“It gnawed at my conscience,” Mr. Racicot said, adding of the president: “I’ve concluded that he’s dangerous to the existence of the republic as we know it.” Source NYT

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

I'm sure there are other GOP members out there who also have gnawing consciences...do stop your suffering and step into the light. Room for plenty more.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Glad to see even more are seeing the light! Right this way boys and girls to the egress! Keep 'em coming!

Biden now holds a 14-percentage-point lead against the president, with 53% of registered voters backing the Democratic nominee and 39% supporting Trump. The poll shows a 6-point jump for Biden from a Sept. 20 NBC/WSJ poll. Biden's biggest lead in the poll previously was in July at 11 points.

The biggest declines for Trump were among seniors and suburban women, who are now backing Biden 62%-35% and 58%-33%, respectively. NBC/WSJ poll

This poll was post debate debacle.

3 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

And yet another...coming from one who worked closely with trump for years so has first hand info of what he speaks:

Welcome Gen.Kelley....welcome into the light. You are most welcome!

5 Likes Save    
miss lindsey (She/Her)(8a)

Annie, seeing you welcome people into the light is the bright spot of every day for me :-)

3 Likes Save    
Nana H

No doubt General Kelly will be dismissed as a disgruntled employee. It's amazing that every single person who speaks against him, every moderator in debates, every interviewer outside of Fox has a bone to pick, is flawed in some way.

His supporters excuse him for everything. It's mind-boggling how he has managed to manipulate and control so many. The Covid issue is perhaps the most flabbergasting one. As I heard Biden say yesterday " Covid isn't turning the corner, Trump is going 'round the bend."

3 Likes Save    
Iris GW

Biden will be coming into a mess but he's worked through an inherited mess before.

2 Likes Save    
Toby

Kelly has been in the light for a long, long time. The issue I have with him is he won't speak publicly so others can see the light.

3 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

MSNBC interviewed a guy today waiting in line in Durham. A lifelong R, he’s voting for Biden because Trump has done nothing about Covid and because of how he reacted to the George Floyd murder. I suspect there are many more just like him.

2 Likes Save    
Nana H

Heard a funny commentary today.....not saying it is true because I know we have some mask wearing , basement dwelling, Trump supporters here, but when asked if the long line ups were voting for Biden or Trump.....he said "I'm going by the count of how many are wearing masks and by far the majority are! Biden landslide! "

1 Like Save    
Iris GW

I have driven a lot in the last week (small vacation with a 1-way 5-hour drive, much of it through small towns) and the amount of Trump signs is remarkably small. Some yards have every GOP candidate except Trump. And before you say it, I really don't believe that people are not posting them in fear of retaliation. I think they either don't support Trump or don't want others to know they do ....

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Welcome Mark Fellers! Welcome into the light. Room for many more!

6 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Repeating this from the history thread:

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

5 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

^^^^^^Like the Whitmer kidnappers.

5 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Don't want to lose sight of Steele's step into the light:

1 Like Save    
terezosa / terriks

Steele has been anti Trump for a long time.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Better late than never, though it will always be on you that you didn't do more when you could've.

1 Like Save    
ubro(2a)

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

I would like to add a small change to this wonderful thought

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you condone or commit atrocities.

The inability to speak out against wrong is sometimes as damaging as the wrong itself. Staying silent often means either you accept the behaviour or you are more worried about your own selfish needs and decide to ignore it.

3 Likes Save    
Iris GW

A granddaughter of the Rev. Billy Graham, Jerushah Duford is a committed evangelical Christian who describes herself as “pro-life.”

For most of her life, she voted Republican. Yet this year, she is voting for Joe Biden and is encouraging fellow Christians to distance themselves from a president who she says is trying “to hijack our faith for votes.”

“The Jesus we serve promotes kindness, dignity, humility, and this president doesn’t represent our faith,” Duford said.

She made clear to me that she is not speaking for her grandfather, the famous evangelist who died in 2018. But she added: “I think he would be sad. I think his greatest desire had nothing to do with policies but to introduce people to a loving Jesus, and the division this administration has caused I believe has hurt this effort.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/21/opinion/evangelicals-election-biden.html

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

While I still can, I'll add a welcome to Eric who has found the egress!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Landscape Design Try Slow Gardening for Some Unexpected Benefits
Why set your garden on the fast track? Here's how to relax and enjoy it in an entirely new way
Full Story
Pattern Fit to be Tiled: Get Some Pattern on the Floor for Excitement Underfoot
Get all the visual delight of a rug with more durability by treating your floors to a pattern done up in tile
Full Story
Our creative project designs and detailed costing budgets, listing many alternatives and options, allow each... Read More