SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoosier_nan

Catch up again on Wednesday

I've been so busy I haven't had time to post much or even look at posts. Hybridizing is in full swing and there are so many selects to evaluate. We were worried because we had only one intro last year and this year, but it looks like we might have several in 2022. I need to get stats and good pictures for all of these before they are lined out this fall and take a step backward.

Here are a few that I have gotten pictures of.

This is the first flower on Terrorsaur. We bought it late (November) and then I worried it would die over winter. It was slow getting started, but it looking pretty good now.

I know I have posted Una de Gato before, but the color is improving. (new last fall)

Crimson Stories (though not crimson) is one of our best parents.

Untangle My Emotions is getting overshadowed by a huge clump of Notify Ground Crew (which is a monster). I was so excited when this was sent as a bonus. It was, at the time, the newest variety we had. It was a tiny little fan and it took two years to bloom. It's a good grower but shorter than we like. It usually is a darker color than this.

Catching Fire is doing well this year. I almost got rid of it last year because it looked pretty bad at the beginning of the season. It's a semi-evergreen that takes its time getting going. It's giving us some pretty babies so it stays.

My Friend Mary Jane is one of the toothiest in the garden, but it's a terrible grower (or so it was in its last location). It has been moved now so maybe it will do better.

Sam Abel is one of our favorite Norris intros.

More to come . . .

Comments (15)