SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homeingreece

Open Plan Living Space

homeingreece
3 years ago

We are in the floor planning process for our home. Currently the main living space comprising kitchen, dining and living room is slated to be 8.9m by 6.95m (29ft x 22.8 ft). Does anyone have any photos of spaces approximately that size so we can get some help deciding if it's big enough? Whole house is currently at 184sqm (1,980sft). This is a 3 person home.

Some notes:

- The rest of the plan has changed slightly so I don't want to waste people's time commenting on that. I will upload our final draft in a new post when we have it for feedback on the whole plan.

- The main room in question has had 1m added along the horizontal to make it 8.90m long.

- We have decided we want to swap the kitchen and dining rooms.

- The front door has also been removed from that back wall (the bottom of the plan) so that back wall is now doorless. The front door is now located where the word "screenshot" is conveniently located.

- I hate having the back of the sofa in the way of the hallway there. I think that is terrible design. It all looks cramped to me.

- There are 3 of us in this home.

- In the plan below you can see a rectangle in the top right with the lines across it. That is a closed in porch/veranda so there is some living space there too.

Comments (26)