Tucker Carlson-most successful quarter in the history of cable news

HU-885118952

Tucker Carlson beat Sean Hannity formost successful quarter of viewership in the history of cable news. This, despite repeated attempts from the Left and their astroturfed, angry soldiers and bots to cancel his program and shame advertisers into leaving.

While some advertisers have left, it has not hurt Carlson's ratings, nor his increasingly keen and highly-important takes on today's politics, sparing no side, and no one.

His opening monologues are must-see tv.

Forbes.com reports:
"Fox News Channel host Tucker Carlson closed out television’s second quarter with one for the record books: his Tucker Carlson Tonight finished the quarter as the highest-rated program in all of cable news for the first time since the show’s launch, delivering an average total audience of 4.331 million viewers. In the process, Carlson broke a record held by his colleague, Sean Hannity, for the highest-rated quarter of any cable news program—ever.It was a solid quarter for the network, which finished in first place across all of cable television for the first time in the network’s history, beating out all basic cable networks among total viewers and viewers 25-54, the demographic group most valued by national advertisers.Some of those advertisers announced during the quarter that they would pull advertising from Carlson’s show after remarks the host made about the Black Lives Matter movement, but FNC viewers did not follow suit, instead lifting Tucker Carlson Tonight to a record high, breaking a previous record set in the first quarter of 2020 by FNC’s Hannity."

SaveComment61Like2
Comments (61)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
HU-885118952

Tucker has for the time, stepped away from his role at "The Daily Caller" to focus on his show, and his decision has yielded Carlson a laser-beam focus, providing unvarnished truths on today's events.

2 Likes Save    
bleusblue2

Lord have mercy -- he's also top ranked among entertainers who've helped spread the virus by sticking with the Trump template -- tales of hoaxes, and time-to-open-up! Great guy!

6 Likes Save    
Gizmo

You would think such a popular show like his would be gaining sponsors...instead of losing them?

8 Likes Save    
studio10001

Huh. I thought he died.

1 Like Save    
Toby

Where are Fox viewers most likely to get their COVID information? Is there a straight news segment in the evening?

2 Likes Save    
Nana H

What is shocking to me is that there are that many Americans eager to swallow his bile .

9 Likes Save    
Gizmo

Toby

Where are Fox viewers most likely to get their COVID information? Is there a straight news segment in the evening?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My guess would be Brett Baier's show

1 Like Save    
Toby

Thanks, Gizmo. I looked at the schedule. Tucker beats Sean because the Fox-watching geezers are in bed by 9. Soon they'll have to bump the entire schedule back an hour.

5 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

No, the fact that Tucker beats out both CNN and MSDNC combined is because he will castigate both the left and the right. Very few shows on any of the cable networks are willing to do this.

7 Likes Save     Thanked by HU-885118952
Toby

Most people aren't watching news at 8 pm.

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

bleusblue2

Lord have mercy -- he's also top ranked among entertainers who've helped spread the virus by sticking with the Trump template -- tales of hoaxes, and time-to-open-up! Great guy!

Care to cite a few examples? Or are you just being a contrarian because all of your heroes on msdnc and cnn combines couldn't beat Tucker's ratings?

2 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

mrskjun, that is exactly why Tucker is resonating with so many millions. He is going after both sides and is making a lot of sense, when people need it the most.

5 Likes Save    
HU-885118952

I suspect most Trump haters wouldn't have the mental bandwidth to listen fully and engagingly in Tucker's monologues and interviews. He's smart, articulate and insightful, and he has superior relatability because his bottom line is common sense; what does and doesn't pass the sniff test. Tucker tells it like it is, not like you want to hear or see it.

And he's not afraid to say it, even when he knows the thuggish mob will come after him.

He's rising in viewership because people are hungry for honesty. When a lefty mayor can look you in the eye and tell you that an illegal, criminal, dangerous, unConstitutional occupation of a major American city-bound to end terribly-is the "summer of love", well, Tucker is going to draw people who are tired of being gaslighted day in and day out with lies, double standards and hypocrisy.

4 Likes Save    
Nana H

"Tucker tells it like it is, not like you want to hear or see it."

I would suggest that Tucker tells it how he thinks you and others want to hear it.....not like it is. He makes money off the devoted.

10 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

This is just backlash after anti-trumpers generated a lot of outcries against advertisers on his show. In reaction, trumpers have all moved over to Tucker's show to indicate their support of his support of Trump.

Kate

1 Like Save    
Gizmo

I still can remember yrs back when Tucker was on CNN's Crossfire(right vs left), and had Jon Stewart on as a guest

After listening to Tucker spew....John Stewart told him he was a d__k & an a____le!

Tucker was...and still is.

4 Likes Save    
bry911

From the same article...

"While Fox News posted year-over-year gains in prime time of 50%, CNN had the biggest jump, up 137%—and increasing 181% in the key demo. The rise, though huge, also reflects the deficit the network has been trying to make up in recent months."

---

Viewership is up during the pandemic and lockdown. This is not to question the popularity but just to add some perspective.

4 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Wait....I thought Trumpers here don’t watch watch Fox. At least that’s what they’re always claiming.

3 Likes Save    
lurker111

I don't watch FOX. I've made it clear how I feel about Tucker. Can't stand him. I still record Levin, but that's about it. I quit watching Hannity about a month ago.

Save    
maifleur03

This reminds me of my aunts who were in their teens and early twenties oohing and aahhing over the latest movie star magazine.

2 Likes Save    
olliesmom

Not true, Joaniepoanie. I watch Fox most of the time, but other news as well, just to compare. Fox is almost always the one that ends up being accurate. I listen to Michael Smerconish every day on Sirius radio. Mostly, for me, in between Fox and Smerconish, I feel like I get a good idea of the true news.

4 Likes Save    
lurker111

I think Tucker and Hannity both have great shows, I just don't like their personalities.

1 Like Save    
HU-885118952

FOX is head and shoulders above their competitors when it comes to verifying news stories.

lurker, Hannity is way too repetitive and rarely brings fresh perspective.

3 Likes Save    
heri_cles

I concur with Jon Stewart's assessment.

6 Likes Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Gee, I'm remembering all the times Fox substituted FAKE photos of large crowds supposedly attending some Trump events (presumably to buttress Trump's false claims to record-breaking crowds).

Turned out the crowd shots were easily and quickly identified as being from non-Trump events.

That is the cable TV you trust so completely?

Kate

3 Likes Save    
Toby

The staleness and repetitiveness must be why he and Trump are kindred spirits.

1 Like Save    
deegw

Tucker? The guy who defends statutory rape? Congrats. /s

Key words - Carlson defends Warren Jeffs

Choose your search engine and source

2 Likes Save    
althea_gw

Maybe Carlson finally took Jon Stewart's advice. I think this is Carlson's latest monologue where he apologizes for all of the mindless "junk food" he's fed his audience.

Carlson shows up surprisingly often on my Twitter feed, defending Glenn Greenwald for example. Having Saager Enjeti highlight him isn't surprising. Saager is the one righty I follow.

Here's Twitter link to a clip of the monologue.

https://twitter.com/esaagar/status/1278364812150530050

Save    
Joaniepoanie

Msnbc just showed a clip of Fox “news” hosts all poo-pooing wearing a mask and the lockdowns just a few weeks ago. Today, they’re all singing a different tune. Yeah....great and “accurate” news channel. They, along with Trump, absolutely contributed to the surge in cases, making mask wearing and reopening political.

4 Likes Save    
heri_cles

Laura Ingraham is a joke.

2 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

And apparently scummy Hannity is dating Ainsley Earhardt, the dim bulb who thought the Dream Act was a program allowing Mexican kids to come here for college.

1 Like Save    
Iris GW

Fox is almost always the one that ends up being accurate.

That's hilarious. Let me guess, you don't think Trump lies either, olliesmom? Ever?

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

What's the word on Fox about campaign fund raising?

Save    
Gooster(9)

Fox is almost always the one that ends up being accurate.

>>> not according to the non-partisan watchdogs, which rates Fox News broadcast as the most biased of the mainstream broadcasters. They are rated poorly for both accuracy and bias. (Interestingly, they are rated below OAN on both metrics)

https://www.adfontesmedia.com/interactive-media-bias-chart/

And you have to remember, Carlson, Ingraham and others are not news reporters. They are opinion hosts, not a source of news and information.

3 Likes Save    
Nana H

"Fox is almost always the one that ends up being accurate."

........because they repeat what Trump says so of course they are accurate. Accurate in repeating his lies.

1 Like Save    
Ann

Joanie, like Olliesmom, I also watch Fox most of the time. Regarding Tucker, some of his openings have been just incredible lately! So good that I now record them if I won't be home, just in case I'm gone for one of the many he hits out of the park lately. As mrskjun said, he's perfectly willing to castigate either side, including Trump, Haley, and many members of Congress. He's simply blasted Mike Braun in recent days!!! Very fair criticisms too.

1 Like Save    
olliesmom

"And you have to remember, Carlson, Ingraham and others are not news reporters. They are opinion hosts, not a source of news and information."

And, you have to remember, reporters aren't even reporters anymore. Especially CNN's so-called "reporters".

How many on HT listen to CNN? C'mon. Don't be embarrassed.

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Maybe Tucker is preparing for his post-Trump career.

1 Like Save    
lurker111

The left is sounding pretty ridiculous, again.

1 Like Save    
Ann
1 Like Save    
elvis

It's very funny, Mrs! ;D

Save    
terezosa / terriks

Most people aren't watching news at 8 pm.

Tucker doesn't do the news

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

Tucker is considering a run for President since he is so popular.

Save    
Ann

I haven't heard Tucker say he's considering a run but the article I linked from today makes it sound like some are thinking he should.

1 Like Save    
Ann

Tucker would be 55 years old in 2024. Nikki Haley 52. Now that age range would be a nice change:)

1 Like Save    
maddie260

I listen here and there to fox just for ducks. I have wondered why tucker has been so hard on Nikki Haley and other Republicans, but esp Haley. The article on tucker in Politco today was an eye-opener. He is sizing up the competition and clearing out the field. He is grooming people to accept him as potus material. WAKE UP.

Save    
elvis

Kathy

Tucker is considering a run for President since he is so popular.

maddie260

I listen here and there to fox just for ducks. I have wondered why tucker has been so hard on Nikki Haley and other Republicans, but esp Haley. The article on tucker in Politco today was an eye-opener. He is sizing up the competition and clearing out the field. He is grooming people to accept him as potus material. WAKE UP.

^^^It's obvious you two didn't open Ann's link from before you two posted.

Ann

Lol, kind of funny you said that Ziemia. This article is from 4 hours ago.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/tucker-carlson-in-2024-republicans-see-a-frontrunner/ar-BB16gXUX?ocid=msedgdhp

Save    
maddie260

I read that article; it is a rehash from politico's. Tucker has been relentless in his attacks on Nikki Haley. But, if you believe, and as some have claimed, do not believe in the R party, but in dt, have at it.

Save    
Kathy

He will run as a continuation of Trump. I don’t think Haley would play second fiddle to Tucker or Trump. .

Save    
Ann

After I read that article (and saw several others on the same topic last night - it seems to be a story that is really trending all the sudden), I googled all about Tucker. I think it might have been Wikipedia that says he's a registered Democrat. I'll see if I can locate that.

I think it pretty clear he'd switch parties if he decides to run. After all, Trump used to be a Dem too.

Save    
Kathy

Tucker a Democrat? He used to be a pundit with a bow tie. I remember him from way back. He was always ridiculous.

Save    
Ann

Yeah, it was Wikipedia:

"Carlson is a registered member of the Democratic Party in Washington D.C.[79] In 2017, Carlson said he registered for the Democratic Party to gain the right to vote in mayoral elections in the district and that he "always votes for the more corrupt candidate over the idealist."[80]"

Save    
Joaniepoanie

“he always votes for the more corrupt candidate over the idealist."[80]"

Yep——-It’s the Republican way——-corruption.

1 Like Save    
Ann

I understand registering to give yourself the most "voting" ability. I registered as an Independent so I could vote in the primary of my choosing, once my state dumped their old caucus system. We just had a primary this week where choice came into play for our upcoming Senate race. There was only one choice (Gardner) on the GOP ballot and there were two choices on the Dem ballot. I'm a conservative and hope Gardner keeps his seat, but there was no reason for me to vote that ballot this week, so I chose to vote the Dem ballot. I like having the option based on who or what is on each ballot.

2 Likes Save    
Nana H

I think Nikki Haley would have Tucker for lunch if they should go up against each other in a primary. Too bad , I'd love to see Tucker as the 2024 candidate instead of Haley.

Save    
Ann

Maddie, Tucker is really hard on Nikki and on many a Republican, including Trump when he disagrees with him! He will certainly not shy away from giving his perspectives and does not stick to any party line or clump himself with any person or group. As time goes on, he's grown bolder and bolder with telling it like he sees it. Antifa has come after his home (2018, I believe), advertisers have dropped him, and he's received harsh criticism - but he persists in delivering his not sugar coated views. His ratings are impressive. People are really wanting to hear what he has to say - me included.

1 Like Save    
Iris GW

Tucker ratings up = more misinformed people than ever!

1 Like Save    
Kathy

Antifa is an ideology not an organization. Tucker must lean towards fascism.

Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

John Oliver ( of HBO's "Last Week Tonight") has skewered Tucker quite a bit lately, you can google up his you tube bits if you like, beware of language which is more to the point of what Jon Stewart called tucker in the past.

Save    
lurker111

I watched Tucker last night just to see what all the fuss is about. Decent show. I really didn't pay attention, but I saw a girl complaining about the national parks being all white. She said she didn't feel like she fit in, and people were looking at her like she didn't belong. Her inferiority complex was out of this world. Nothing real, just her imagination. I think she was Hispanic.

Save    
Kathy

Was Tucker looking at her with his innocent awe struck look? He is hilarious.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Bathroom Design Key Measurements to Make the Most of Your Bathroom
Fit everything comfortably in a small or medium-size bath by knowing standard dimensions for fixtures and clearances
Full Story
Landscape Design Natural Swimming Pools: More Beauty, No Chemicals
Keep your skin and the environment healthy with a pool that cleans itself, naturally
Full Story
Small Homes Houzz Tour: Sustainable, Comfy Living in 196 Square Feet
Solar panels, ship-inspired features and minimal possessions make this tiny Washington home kind to the earth and cozy for the owners
Full Story
Specializing In custom flooring, cabinetry, and other Home Improvement services since 2010 serving homeowners and... Read More
Our goal is to make the design process approachable and inclusive to everyone. We help you realize your dream by... Read More