US President doesn't even pretend to work anymore

THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Schedule June 30, 2020

SaveComment50Like2
Comments (50)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
queenmargo

What is sleepy Joe's itinerary? Take a swim in the indoor padded pool?

Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Off topic Deflection.

10 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

Well he just got up to date on February briefings, give him a break.

27 Likes Save     Thanked by THOR, Son of ODIN
maddie260

Joe Biden is not President. He can do anything he wants. I suggest that he do- he won’t get a break starting 1/21!

13 Likes Save    
jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

Joe Biden had a great press conference today. Sounded very presidential.

8 Likes Save    
terezosa / terriks

We're talking about Tub O Lard Trump's itinerary.

5 Likes Save    
deegw

He had to rest up because he worked so hard this weekend protecting the monuments. Super busy!

7 Likes Save    
paprikash

I saw some of Biden’s press conference — what a buffoon! I think he should scurry back to the basement

1 Like Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Off topic Deflection.

13 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Who could have imagined that the president's press secretary would ever state, "The President reads."

And NOBODY believes her.

21 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Schedule for Wednesday July 1, 2020

Save    
colleenoz

And let’s face it, a Happy Meal doesn’t take all that long to scarf down.

4 Likes Save    
arthurm2015(Micro-Climate, Zone 10b Sydney, Australia)

Wonder if I will get a non-partisan reply to this Question?

How many hours do you think that your President of any party should work per week, bearing in mind that most people realise that being President is an extremely difficult/stressed occupation.

2 Likes Save    
George Davis

I don't understand why people keep saying president when he doesn't think president but dictator.

5 Likes Save    
Iris GW

^^ just a courtesy term, George.

2 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

At this point I use the term 'president' with ironic overtones.

3 Likes Save    
deegw

They aren't even bothering to put the calendar filler "executive" time on his schedule. AKA watch TV and tweet

https://factba.se/topic/calendar

5 Likes Save     Thanked by THOR, Son of ODIN
Annie Deighnaugh

arthurm, I'll answer your question...up to you to figure out how partisan it is.

I think the job of president is one for a professional who does what is necessary to get the job done regardless of how long it takes or what day of the week it is. It is not an hourly position where one needs to log their hours. It is a salaried position...just like doctor. You do what is necessary to be successful. You don't not go to the war room because it's Sunday or because you planned on golfing.

11 Likes Save    
Kathy

Trump’s job is to destroy American institutions. He is on track eliminating and destroying them so perhaps today there is nothing to destroy. The military has been one of the more recent accomplishments. Race relations and healthcare are still being worked on. America can rise from his ashes and rise we will.

4 Likes Save    
Toby

He used to have a light schedule for the two days following a summit. Now he has a light schedule for three days after he plays a round of golf.

1 Like Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Trump is doing something in those empty hours.

2 Likes Save    
socks(10a)

Eating, tweeting, cheating, bleating, repeating...

When Kaleigh calls him "the president," I want to scream.

6 Likes Save    
Kathy

Nancy, you are right. There is no way Trump isn’t aligning his financial ducks while he is supposedly idol. He may not be conducting official presidential duties but you can bet he is arranging his financial gains.

3 Likes Save    
bfox254

Besides tweeting, he doesn't seem to be doing much of anything other than deciding on a new nickname for Biden and pretending to protect statues. He certainly isn't involved in any kind of pandemic response.

We no longer have a functioning president

Makes me wonder who actually is running the country. Jared?

6 Likes Save    
dadoes

"Annie Deighnaugh: I think the job of president is one for a professional who does what is
necessary to get the job done regardless of how long it takes or what
day of the week it is. It is not an hourly position where one needs to
log their hours.
"

That description fits how I see my job. I'm not a president of anything, just a bookkeeper & multiple dept mgr at the same business for 36 years. I carry the active-month paperwork home in a satchel, keep a copy of all the data on a thumbdrive, software and mail account on my home computer. Often work on tasks at home and via remote access, for years. I didn't have two consecutive days off for the first seven years, which was long before I had the responsibilities that I do now.

3 Likes Save    
socks(10a)

We no longer have a functioning president We never did.

I read people saying the needs to "step up and lead." No, that's not going to happen because he is completely uncapable. Pigs don't fly. And if he did change his manner of being president, you can bet it would make things worse.

6 Likes Save    
bleusblue2

dadoes -- would you consider running for office?

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Part of what is so concerning to me about all of this are the reports that after he retweeted his white power video and he was on the golf course, for 3 hrs his staff couldn't reach him. Do you mean to tell me that the man with the codes to the nukes was unreachable for hours? You mean all putin or un has to do is wait for trump to go golfing and then drop bombs on us at will without fear of retaliation????

How irresponsible can you get!

4 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

I doubt he was unreachable.

Another GOP lie.

Save    
socks(10a)

Secret Service would have been there. Oh please, I don't even want to think about his access to nuclear power.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

NBC News: The video remained on the president's Twitter page, where he has 82 million followers, for more than three hours because White House officials couldn't reach him to ask him to delete it, the two officials said. The president was at his golf club in Virginia and had put his phone down, the officials said.

Aides also tried unsuccessfully to reach deputy chief of staff Dan Scavino to ask him to delete the retweet, officials said.

Thor, if it's a lie, then I'm just not sure how that looks any better than taking 3 hrs to convince the pres that he should take it down?

1 Like Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

1) I doubt Mangolini is the only one with access to his Twitter acct. Some of 'his' posts use big words.

2) The president is always reachable. Staff did not expect yet another racist post would be a big deal, and once it blew up they have to cover themselves for incompetence.

Save    
bfox254

He just finished a fox business interview (today) where he repeated that the virus is just going to disappear, he hopes. Just disappear, poof!

1 Like Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Any Grampa with a loving family would no longer have car keys, let alone nuclear codes.

10 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Nothing on his schedule today except private lunch with Pompeo. Last three days:

Mon—-private lunch with Pence

Tues—-intelligence briefing

Wed——private lunch with Pompeo

That’s it.

4 Likes Save    
cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)(zone 7, Northern VA)

"Makes me wonder who actually is running the country. Jared?"

Stephen Miller.

7 Likes Save    
bfox254

I'm starting to seriously think we can't last until January 2021.

He needs to go now.

3 Likes Save    
socks(10a)

I hear you, bfox. Things are getting too bad, just one blow-up after another. The country cannot take too many more disasters, yet there are months and months to go. It's a crisis of failed leadership without a timely remedy.

4 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

Not to mention he is a major threat to national security, always siding with putin against our own intelligence. Bounties just another “hoax.” How is such a tough guy the “victim” of so many hoaxes?

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

3 Likes Save    
ubro(2a)

How many hours do you think that your President of any party should work per week, bearing in mind that most people realise that being President is an extremely difficult/stressed occupation.

I will also answer, but for our PM.

When you take that job you take on a 24/7, 365 days a year on call position, like it or not. If serious issues happen Christmas morning, too bad, on your birthday, suck it up. If the country is battling a pandemic and burning with citizens unable to make ends meet, I guess you will have to have lunch at the office and work for weeks until things are under control, no sympathy from me.

6 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Fri, July 3

Per press pool:

At 9:52 AM today the President’s motorcade arrived at Trump National Golf course in Sterling, VA.

1 Like Save    
Nana H

Oh a game of golf followed by a Covid rally......tough life and all on the taxpayers dime.

5 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Not to mention increasing the wildfire potential on stolen Lakota lands.

2 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Did I see something that trump has spent a cumulative 365 days at mar-a-lago since he became president? In other words out of 3.5 years he's actually worked only 2.5? And still so much destruction to our country and our economy. Can you imagine if he actually but some effort into it???

5 Likes Save     Thanked by THOR, Son of ODIN
arthurm2015(Micro-Climate, Zone 10b Sydney, Australia)

So, just say I became loaded with Moular, migrated to the USA, had a political makeover and wished to become a member of Mar-a Lago golf club. Wonder how much that would cost per annum?

I think that there is a conflict of interest thingo applying to politicians here.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

It used to cost $100k to join mar-a-lago, but once trump became pres, he doubled it to $200k

Save    
mr1010

"Makes me wonder who actually is running the country. Jared?"

Stephen Miller.

---------------------------

I think Miller too. His extreme ugliness and mental pathology shows so often.

Why isn't this being covered more in the press?

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/07/trump-is-losing-2020-polls-racism-black-lives-matter.html

And Donald Trump concluded that the reason he is losing support to Joe Biden is that he hasn’t been nearly racist enough.

That last bit isn’t mere conjecture. On Wednesday, three Trump confidants told Axios that the president regrets heeding Jared Kushner’s advice to broaden his appeal by embracing milquetoast police and criminal-justice reforms; as one source summarized Trump’s thinking, he wants “no more of Jared’s woke [expletive deleted].”

This account of Trump’s private reasoning comports with his public actions in recent days. Just this week, the president has:

• Described New York’s plan to paint “Black Lives Matter” down Fifth Avenue as a plot to affix a “symbol of hate” onto the city’s “greatest street.”

• Threatened to end an Obama-era policy that bars local governments from accessing federal housing funds unless they make affirmative efforts to track and reduce racial segregation in their communities. Trump said that he was reviewing this regulation on behalf of the “great Americans who live in the Suburbs,” and lamented that the policy is “not fair to homeowners.”

• Vowed to veto the Defense Authorization Act unless an amendment requiring the renaming of U.S. military bases that presently honor Confederate generals is stripped from the bill. (In announcing this position, Trump made sure to note that the amendment was sponsored by “Elizabeth ‘Pocahontas’ Warren.”)

If one imagines Trump to be a rational political actor, it is difficult to make sense of these actions. According to Axios, Trump soured on Kushner’s calls for triangulation on criminal justice out of concern that indulging such reforms might be “seen as undercutting police” — as though anti-reform cops and Blue Lives Matter bumper-sticker owners were swing constituencies. George Floyd’s death has created plenty of political challenges for Trump. But one thing it absolutely hasn’t done is jeopardize the Republican Party’s grip on single-issue, “unshackle the police” voters.

When I read stuff like that, I think miller...he's been telling trump for years that these racist/xenophobic policies are winners.

Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Racism is the point for 36% of USians.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life Houzz Call: Show Us Your Nutty Home Fixes
If you've masterminded a solution — silly or ingenious — to a home issue, we want to know
Full Story
Life You Showed Us: 20 Nutty Home Fixes
We made the call for your Band-Aid solutions around the house, and you delivered. Here's how you are making what's broken work again
Full Story
Life Chasing Perfection? It Doesn’t Exist, These Designers Say
Popular U.K. interior designers and bloggers reveal things about their homes that will make you feel better about yours
Full Story