KY Race - It will be McGrath v. McConnell

jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)(9b)

She won. I really liked Booker but I think he got in just a little too late. Oh well, Amy is a good fundraiser which is what will be necessary to beat McConnell. Link

SaveComment26Like1
Comments (26)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graywings123(7)

Good! The visual contrast is wonderfully exciting!

4 Likes Save    

I saw the headline on Vox but I don't see the official story in the NYT yet so I am not sure if it's official. Waiting for confirmation. Could be a Dewery beats Truman thing....lol.

From Vox: Despite election day in Kentucky being held on June 23, a crush of absentee ballots made it impossible to know statewide results until a full week later. Vox’s partner Decision Desk called the race on June 30, around 11:15 am. The week of delays could serve as a preview for the November general election, if it is close.

Save    
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,others)(8a)

I’m actually a little surprised she had any competition. Everything I’ve seen from her makes her look like the obvious choice.

2 Likes Save    
linaria_gw(zone 7 (about))

I had to look her up with 2 web searches, she seems amazing

and I think as graywings pointed out, the contrast could not be bigger to ol Mitch...

3 Likes Save    
Uptown Gal

I don't know anything about her, nor do I vote in Kentucky...but if I did, it

would be for her. ;)

Save    
Joaniepoanie

Will Kentucky finally give McConnell a well deserved boot? I don’t know, but I do know McConnell will employ every dirty trick in the book.

3 Likes Save    
Lars(Z11a (coastal L.A.) and Z9a (desert))

<Will Kentucky finally give McConnell a well deserved boot?>

I seriously doubt that. He's the most powerful politician they have.

Save    

Link

It's official. She won. She apparently is a powerhouse fundraiser so I have a feeling that the Grim Reaper is sharpening his scythe.

Lars: I think she really has a chance.

4 Likes Save    
Iris GW

It's time for Kentucky to move into the future and vote out an old man with old ideas about how Kentucky can stay in the olden days.

10 Likes Save    
barncatz

Booker is impressive. He'll be back.

A whole lot of people who've donated to McGrath don't vote anywhere near Kentucky. McConnell must go - I hope.

Save    

yes, this Booker seems amazing as well (hate to admit that - following the US politico circus from afar, I had mixed up Cory Booker with Charles Booker..., sorry)

still I really liked this ad for McGrath, I mean, ok, only being determined does not make you a good politician,

but, the determination or mule headedness it would take to trail blaze your own path to be the first woman as fighter pilot...

and then enter grim reaper Mitch, killer of all legislatives...

Save    
dandyfopp

Whatever IT is, Charles Booker has it.

We will be seeing him again without doubt.

GO AMY.

3 Likes Save    
steve2416

I like her add!

Save    

so, I found this,

he has a great way of narrating

and yes, hopefully he comes back in some way

1 Like Save    
Nana H

I wish her well. Would be fabulous to see an ouster of Mc Connell.

5 Likes Save    
bfox254

I don't know anything about Kentucky politics but I hope she has a chance. With this pandemic raging again, I think all politicians should be looking over their shoulders.

Just checked some statistics. About 17% of Kentucky's population lives below the poverty line. That puts Kentucky in the bottom 4 or 5 of all US states. Not a great look for Mitch. You'd think with being in the senate for so long he would have figured out a way to help improve the standard of living for its citizens.

3 Likes Save    
Ann

We have a primary in my state today. We'll learn who will face off against Cory Gardner, a Senate seat considered likely to flip to Dem.

Hickenlooper should win today but Romanoff has been picking up support lately, not unlike the way Booker did in Kentucky.

Save    
Kathsgrdn

I do vote in KY and after getting a text message about voting for her from her campaign, I told them I wasn't eligible to vote in the primary because I had changed my party too late in the year, I received multiple calls from them. Very annoying. I will still vote for her in the Fall.

2 Likes Save    
Joaniepoanie

I think Mitch is like Trump—-what’s in it for ME. Doubt he gives a fig about Kentucky other than doing the minimum to get reelected. He’s all about the power in being the Senate Majority Leader.

1 Like Save    
gsciencechick(8a NC/SC border)

It is incredible that McConnell has horrible approval ratings, yet keeps getting re-elected. I was no fan of McGrath and we supported Booker, but I will support her to win-. Booker picked up some key endorsements, and that really helped him. Hope he runs against Rand Paul in two years. He's another one who has to go.

5 Likes Save    
ImWithJoe

kentucky voters flipped a state senate seat today from red to blue for the first time since 2010 in a district trump took by 12%.

6 Likes Save    
Ann

Hickenlooper did win his primary in CO but got bruised along the way. I also think his dismal performance in the presidential primary hasn't helped him much. Dems certainly hope he'll win against Gardner, but they aren't quite as confident as they once were since Hickenlooper is making a number of blunders.

Interesting House primary win in a Utah district. Burgess Owens won that one yesterday and could easily lead to a GOP flip in the House.

Save    
soupgirl53

Ann, just to clarify, do you mean the Utah House or the US House of Representatives?

Save    
Ann

U.S. House, soupgirl. Utah's 4th district.

Save    
bfox254

I would love to see Project Lincoln flood Kentucky airwaves with McConnell ads.

Save    
Ann

Soupgirl, that was a Dem pickup in 2018, when Mia Love was defeated in a VERY close race. We'll see if Burgess can take that seat back.

Save