SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynn_dollar83

I'm battlin carpenter ants

Lynn Dollar
3 years ago

First I found them in my pile of wood for my smoker. Then I find I've got a colony in the eave of the house.

I hit both places with bait. I first tried some " Combat " which is fipronil on the wood pile and did not see much diff. I then found them in the eave of the house and that's when I got serious and ordered some Optigard, which is made by a company I knew of , Syngenta. That company also makes a roach bait that worked great for me a few years ago, called Advion.

So I hit the colony in the house with Optigard last Wednesday. I would've also put down some " Advance " granules, but these ants are not on the ground, they're crawling around on walls.

I get impatient, and I Google " how long take optigard to work " .

Well, the internet is not like it used to be. All of my results were from pest control firms. They all say the same thing, that within a week there will be a noticeable diff in the number of ants I see, but to really get rid of the colony, I need to hire a professional exterminator who has the really good stuff.

Yeah, OK , right..........

Frankly , I'm skeptical, I'm getting a sales job and not the truth. In the old days of the internet, a Google like this would result in experiences of actual users instead of people selling something. Another reason that I once thought the internet was a great thing, but its now turned into something detrimental.

But anyway, back on subject ..... anyone else have experience setting out bait for carpenter ants ?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting