Rome burns, Trump lies and golfs

deegw

Donald Trump visited one of his own private golf courses in Virginia on Saturday as America continued to see fallout from a rapid surge in coronavirus cases. The trip came a day after the US president said he would stay in Washington DC to “make sure law and order is enforced” amid ongoing anti-racism protests.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/27/trump-visits-private-golf-course-us-battles-rapid-surge-coronavirus-cases?CMP=share_btn_link&fbclid=IwAR2Db-AlCGyVPkAZ6SVDssPOisqVjyimBO-JoV3ihWwWA9vLAONJID68sOY

SaveComment11Like
Comments (11)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
queenmargo

Good for him;)

Save    
dandyfopp

Golfing while our service members get murdered by the Taliban.. MAGA.

2 Likes Save    
Olychick

Bad for us.

1 Like Save    
HU-274840647

Good for him but not for us

Save    
miss lindsey (stillmissesSophie,chase,others)(8a)

Eh, maybe not bad for us.

There’s a lot more harm he could be doing if he’s not golfing.

16 Likes Save    
bleusblue2

Everybody deserves a break from work. It's fine if the president can relax a little bit. It's what he does when he isn't golfing that is the problem. If he were a good president I wouldn't look twice at his golf outings.

4 Likes Save    
bfox254

I typically don't care when he golfs. At least it gets him off twitter for a while.

However, when you have a pandemic that is again threatening to overwhelm the country and news breaks about a Russian bounty on the heads of US soldiers, it takes a special kind of fool not to cancel the golf game.

7 Likes Save    
maddie260

what a useless, disgraceful, shameless pile of blubber.

3 Likes Save    
vedabeeps

"I would rarely leave the White House because there's so much work to be done," "I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off."

"You don't have time to take time off," Trump adds.

“If I win I may never see my property — I may never see these places again. But because I’m going to be working for you, I’m not going to have time to go golfing, believe me. Believe me. Believe me, folks.”

7 Likes Save    
how2girl

June 30, 2020 - 128,819

4 Likes Save    
abzzybee(9/10 S. Florida)

Pathetic is what this presidency is...

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular Design Debate: Is It OK to Hang the TV Over the Fireplace?
In the spirit of the upcoming political debates, we kick off a series of conversations on hotly contested design topics
Full Story
Materials Insulation Basics: What to Know About Spray Foam
Learn what exactly spray foam is, the pros and cons of using it and why you shouldn’t mess around with installation
Full Story
Feel-Good Home The Pros and Cons of Making Your Bed Every Day
Houzz readers around the world share their preferences, while sleep and housekeeping experts weigh in with advice
Full Story